Bricked my phone... Please help

Search This thread

Krishnas096

Jul 8, 2014
Bengaluru
Hello,
i was looking out for a method to root my xolo q1010i(KITKAT) and hence flashed custom recoveries on it..
First i flashed carliv touch recovery and it got successfully flashed but i was unable to install zip file(SuperSU zip) through recovery.
i got the following error:-
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
I thought it was the recovery so i flashed CWM recovery but same error showed up while installing zip and then i flashed TWRP recovery but to no avail. it also gave me the same error. so i decided to flash stock rom and hence i downloaded the stock ROM for my device from the internet and flashed it but after flashing it i started getting bootloop(Phone got stuck on the XOLO logo)..
i was very frustrated and i accidentally formatted it through sp flash tool's FORMAT tab and auto format option(Format whole flash except bootloader) and after formatting my phone i tried connecting it to PC but it doesn't gets detected in my PC and therefore i cannot flash any ROM on it..
Please help me as i bought this phone 12 days back and i have lost my warranty as i bricked it..
Thanks in advance..

roshansanasam

May 18, 2014
i think something is wrong with your super su zip.
search in xda forum for q1010i u'll find many custom recoveries..
im using TWRP.. works fine...
and flash the super su from this thread
http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip
u 'll get root access...

nb:
tips of rooting and flashing..
1. always have proper drivers installed so that ur pc will detect it everytime even if ur phn bricks...
2. keep sp tools flashable stock rom ready with u..
3. after havin custom recovery, alws create a backup when ur comfortable with ur software...

munu1985

Jul 8, 2013
Hello,
i was looking out for a method to root my xolo q1010i(KITKAT) and hence flashed custom recoveries on it..
First i flashed carliv touch recovery and it got successfully flashed but i was unable to install zip file(SuperSU zip) through recovery.
i got the following error:-
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
I thought it was the recovery so i flashed CWM recovery but same error showed up while installing zip and then i flashed TWRP recovery but to no avail. it also gave me the same error. so i decided to flash stock rom and hence i downloaded the stock ROM for my device from the internet and flashed it but after flashing it i started getting bootloop(Phone got stuck on the XOLO logo)..
i was very frustrated and i accidentally formatted it through sp flash tool's FORMAT tab and auto format option(Format whole flash except bootloader) and after formatting my phone i tried connecting it to PC but it doesn't gets detected in my PC and therefore i cannot flash any ROM on it..
Please help me as i bought this phone 12 days back and i have lost my warranty as i bricked it..
Thanks in advance..

Your phone is hard bricked.
only way is to open the case and using a wire you need to reset the the Phone.
Then only it would be detected in system.

this procedure is very difficult as we donot know the exact location of reset points and its very difficult to open the back cover to reach hardware.

Better go to service center and told them that your phone is not booting.
its hard for them to detect what happened trust me xolo service center guys are noobs.

just try they may replace your motherborad with a new one.
donot tell them truth.

Karan#

May 12, 2015

this procedure is very difficult as we donot know the exact location of reset points and its very difficult to open the back cover to reach hardware.

its hard for them to detect what happened trust me xolo service center guys are noobs.

donot tell them truth.

Can u plz tell me how much will it cost plz :crying:

Raj Rohit

Apr 13, 2012
Bangalore
Can u plz tell me how much will it cost plz :crying:

You don't need, MTK Devices won't get Hard Brick! :fingers-crossed:

Just Flash a proper Rom what Reconfigured has suggested from

here: http://xdaforums.com/q1010i/orig-development/rom-stock-xolo-q1010i-rom-one-d-t2883342

And there is no such point inside Mob which will Reset your phone, you have problem with Software Not with Hard Ware.

Believe Me, Never Open your device... You will Ruin It.. I have Tried.... N lost ma Sony Xperia.

There is no point Inside Mobile To Reset It.

And If your Mobile Display is Turing up, And its giving haptic feedback . Then your Device is not even Hard Brick.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

donot tell them truth.

For God shake, Please Don't suggest things what u yourself Do not Know About.

The thing you suggested do not even Exist.
There is no reset point inside mobile.
And MTK motherboard Do not get Hard Brick By Just Flashing(It's too rare or say never happens)

Hard Brick Means:

Your Device Kernel Storage partition is damaged, Or some IC part is burnt which should be replaced or repaired in order to function your mobile.
(Ur mobile will not even give a haptic feedback or any kind of indication of Life)

And his mobile's Display is turning Up... how it can be a Hard Brick Buddy.

Think before you post!

Who I'm to say this to you?
I'm An Engineer, n know what actually happen with his mob!

munu1985

Jul 8, 2013
All mobile phones have a test point ( I mentioned reset its my mistake). When you flash a wrong ROM and device is not detected in PC then you can ground that test point to make it connected/ detectable to PC( you need to install the wrong ROM driver. For eg if I installed lenovo ROM in xolo I need to install lenovo driver in pc).

Google Test Point you will get more idea.

If its a soft Brick then flashing the correct ROM will fix the phone. But in all soft brick case phone is always detected in PC. Only in hard bricked case it won't get detected

Last edited:

akashm2108

Jul 10, 2016
I am also having a similar type of issue . will appreciate a lot is someone helps me .
I was installing Philz recovery and after installation was complete
It asked for a reboot . now my phn is stucked on xolo logo . plz help .. Thanks in advance

being_abhi

Jul 22, 2016
Sir i Had xolo q1010i and im rooting trying above method and formatted it except bootloader from spflash too and it is not turning on now.....and i also flash it using sp ash tool it shows download complete but still not turning on plz help me:crying: