Galaxy S3 Mini will get KITKAT!!!

Search This thread

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Because the new budget phones are designed/optimised with KitKat in mind with a lot less functions and bloat, whereas the S3 Mini released nearly two years ago was built with 4.1 Jellybean in mind. As I said they probably could create a 4.4.2 update, but it would be work they are not willing to do for what what they would probably consider a minority.

Plus after looking at Samsung latest advert they would rather you updated to a new device, rather than update the older models.

http://www.360nobs.com/2014/07/samsung-tells-you-why-you-should-ditch-your-galaxy-s3-for-a-galaxy-s5-video/

That's the most stupidest thing I have ever seen!
1.Why would Samsung compare their own products?
2. Why would you ditch a perfectly operational and capable S3 for more features that S3 could offer just as well as S5?
3. Throwing away phones are harmful for the environment and on top of all that Samsung is encouraging it!

Our S3 Mini is capable of handling KitKat, no doubt. BUT without source codes from STE, who just adandoned us like street dogs :(, it's very very hard to make an official update coming from Samsung. @mclaw has an awesome ROM, but it's vanilla android, not Samsung android. Plus it has some minor and not so minor bugs that need fixing. In other words, Samsung did try to upgrade our phones, but just couldn't succeed, because of STE (idiots). Also the VE has a Qualcomm processor, which is clocked at 1.2GHZ and is better than NovaThor (even if both were 1GHZ, Qualcomm would still be better). That's why for Christmas I'm buying an S5, upgrading it to Android L (ollipop), because the update WILL come to a flagship phone and am just gonna live a few years of my life without worrying about updates, lag, battery life or handy features :)

But then what about the original S3?

That's the most stupidest thing I have ever seen!
1.Why would Samsung compare their own products?
2. Why would you ditch a perfectly operational and capable S3 for more features that S3 could offer just as well as S5?
3. Throwing away phones are harmful for the environment and on top of all that Samsung is encouraging it!

But then what about the original S3?

They're too lazy to work harder and update it :D I don't really care about updates if my phone is functioning normally at the moment :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're a Galaxy S3 Mini user and really want to get Kitkat on your phone then your in luck! I saw an article about Samsung updated their Linux Kernel which is optimized for low memory or low spec phones!
    READ THE ARTICLE HERE:
    http://www.sidhtech.com/news/android-44-kitkat-update-roadmap-phones-list/10019827/
    What nonsense :)
    Maclaw doesn't have one stable release that will run without any issues.
    m.
    People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
    If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but you already knew that.
    STE doesn't exists anymore. So there's no producer support for our board anymore. Samsung would have to make whole, realy whole, from the beggining. They don't have any reason to spend money to develop for "cheap" devices. So sorry guys, don't get excited. I don't think so it'll happen. Similar news was published about 4.2.2. Did we received official 4.2? Nope ;)