Galaxy S3 Mini will get KITKAT!!!

Search This thread
E

everreadybattery

i searched the whole document with CTRL+F using keyword "s3 mini" and there is no mention about the s3 mini, besides in the header of the post.

Where are you from? Can you translate it? Google translate doesn't help... http://news.supermoney.eu/cellulari...oid-4-4-2-su-tutti-anche-su-mini-0074216.html

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Another one: http://techtomars.com/updated-list-of-devices-getting-the-android-kitkat-4-4-os/

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I can't understand this. Someone from Vietnam maybe? http://techtomars.com/updated-list-of-devices-getting-the-android-kitkat-4-4-os/

Where are you from? Can you translate it? Google translate doesn't help... http://news.supermoney.eu/cellulari...oid-4-4-2-su-tutti-anche-su-mini-0074216.html

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Another one: http://techtomars.com/updated-list-of-devices-getting-the-android-kitkat-4-4-os/

i'm from Bulgaria, but I can't translate it. I just used Cometbird's search function for finding "s3 mini" :)
I know about the second post you gave, but it doesn't say which version of the s3 mini it is for.

ImproAptoVictum

Feb 2, 2013
Where are you from? Can you translate it? Google translate doesn't help... h ttp://news.supermoney.eu/cellulari/2014/03/aggiornamento-galaxy-s4-e-s3-ad-android-4-4-2-su-tutti-anche-su-mini-0074216.html

"[...] There may be good news for Galaxy S3 Mini. In a recent statement to IBTimes showed that the device that will receive the next update will be former top of the range Samsung, claim that, in addition to confirming the foregoing, it could also deny the absence in the lists of the United States and Poland for the roll out on this device. Consequently, if it were so, it would be entirely plausible that even the smaller version of the device, get the 'Android update, because, on paper, there should be no compatibility issues."
h ttp://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.supermoney.eu%2Fcellulari%2F2014%2F03%2Faggiornamento-galaxy-s4-e-s3-ad-android-4-4-2-su-tutti-anche-su-mini-0074216.html

Whitefoxy

Feb 16, 2014
I hope that when it comes it doesnt make the Phone go more slower :( Touchwizz is heavy on samsung devices

I hope that when it comes it doesnt make the Phone go more slower :( Touchwizz is heavy on samsung devices

i think it won't. my s3 mini almost doesn't lag and i'm on the stock ANA2 firmware, just rooted :) (209 apps installed ; a few running in the background)
there's is smth that i've been wondering though-when we update our phones will we be able to restore a nandroid backup from 4.1.2 if it's too slow or something isn't right in the KitKat update? Also what happens with the Ripple Effect ? :D really love that feature xD

Whitefoxy

Feb 16, 2014
When that update is released and my Phone then runs even slow as now . Then i gonne flash cm 11 what i stil wanne do some day :)

So i hope that the cm 11 kitkat rom gets bugg free and stable too

E

everreadybattery

Thats not true. Just because its official doesnt mean its perfectly bug free.
Latest maclaw (build 20140317) runs perfect on my s3 mini :good:

Yes sure. Alarm doesn't go off, in latest release problems with lock screen and fc some apps. I do use carbon and I appreciate Maclaw work. But to be honest they aren't and they won't ever be ''bugfree". Of course there's no bugfree ROM even stock one but I'd prefer a debloated rooted stock ROM with some tweaks than a custom ROM.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Yes sure. Alarm doesn't go off, in latest release problems with lock screen and fc some apps. I do use carbon and I appreciate Maclaw work. But to be honest they aren't and they won't ever be ''bugfree". Of course there's no bugfree ROM even stock one but I'd prefer a debloated rooted stock ROM with some tweaks than a custom ROM.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Sometimes I also get the cosmetic bug on the logon screen, but my alarm is working just fine. Also some apps just doesn't play nice with kitkat, but thats not maclaws fault.
Im guessing a lot of the reported problems is caused by not following the install instructions correctly.
cm11.0_golden.maclaw.20140318 is out now so im gonna try it, hope the logon bug is fixed, I do wish maclaw would document the changes better.

Last edited:

RockasKane

May 3, 2012
WAVRE
Too good to be true.
After so many fake news about updates, I'll believe when I see it :)

Last edited:
E

everreadybattery

I read somewhere that the updates will come only for lte s3 mini and no for the international one(gti8190)... :(

sisozhekov

Feb 6, 2012
Ruse
Kit kat

In February 2014 it was announced that the SIII Mini would be getting an official update to Android 4.4.2 sometime in the near future

Source: Wikipedia

Carlyle_f

Jan 22, 2014
Cape Town
In February 2014 it was announced that the SIII Mini would be getting an official update to Android 4.4.2 sometime in the near future

Source: Wikipedia

That's not for the i8190, since there are so many variants of the s3 mini, them just saying "the s3 mini will be updated" is not enough to get our hopes up on the grounds that its a vague statement. Until they specifically say the i8190 will get an update, which I highly doubt, we should all put this to rest.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

sisozhekov

Feb 6, 2012
Ruse
:)

That's not for the i8190, since there are so many variants of the s3 mini, them just saying "the s3 mini will be updated" is not enough to get our hopes up on the grounds that its a vague statement. Until they specifically say the i8190 will get an update, which I highly doubt, we should all put this to rest.

Write on google samsung galaxy gt-8190 and click on Wikipedia's link and in that arcticle i found this up!So we'll see :)

Carlyle_f

Jan 22, 2014
Cape Town
Write on google samsung galaxy gt-8190 and click on Wikipedia's link and in that arcticle i found this up!So we'll see :)

Yes, my friend, this is true. In February they said they the s3 mini would receive the KitKat update. However, they were referring to the american variant, this ones model number is G730a. You're talking about this, yes?
6edataje.jpg

And now you may read this http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/18...te-for-multiple-devices-rollout-begins-today/
This article is dated February 2014 and its the one Wikipedia got mixed up with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're a Galaxy S3 Mini user and really want to get Kitkat on your phone then your in luck! I saw an article about Samsung updated their Linux Kernel which is optimized for low memory or low spec phones!
    READ THE ARTICLE HERE:
    http://www.sidhtech.com/news/android-44-kitkat-update-roadmap-phones-list/10019827/
    What nonsense :)
    Maclaw doesn't have one stable release that will run without any issues.
    m.
    People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
    If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but you already knew that.
    STE doesn't exists anymore. So there's no producer support for our board anymore. Samsung would have to make whole, realy whole, from the beggining. They don't have any reason to spend money to develop for "cheap" devices. So sorry guys, don't get excited. I don't think so it'll happen. Similar news was published about 4.2.2. Did we received official 4.2? Nope ;)