[Guide] How to install Google L keyboard on your rooted device

Search This thread

DelonHolmes

Dec 6, 2013
Liverpool NY
www.cnr-clan.com
Thanks to @bejunk
As seen here you can get the files to add the Google L stock keyboard onto your device

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2796129

you have to manual install.
1. extract all files.
2. move the ''LatinImeGoogle.apk'' to /system/app; long press on APK, choose change permissions, now make the ticks like in attached picture.
3. move the ''libjni_latinimegoogle.so'' to /system/lib; like above, long press, & change permissions.
4. reboot system, then go to settings & activate keyboard

attachment.php

:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-26-22-13-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-26-22-13-21.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:

teh.murdoc

Jun 25, 2014
Did you uninstall google keyboard like it said to in the original thread before flashing?

I also flashed without an issue, and yes, I uninstalled Google keyboard first. It is part of the instruction set, you know... And I'm not one to take chances like that :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
This worked great. I love the look and it seems google finally figured out how to give more word choices. Does anyone know if there's a way to enable the long-press secondary keys? Its the one thing that slows down my typing.

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
Uninstalled Google Keyboard first.
Flashed in Safestrap recovery.
Worked.

I managed to change the theme to material, but is there any way to get it material white?

drsoftich

Sep 29, 2007
Does this keyboard have the numbers across the top or are they long press?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kbtoiz

Apr 16, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Can someone please post the permisions needed for "libjni_latinime.so"? I went and changed them thinking I was changing "libjni_latinimegoogle.so" :silly: And seems due to my error, I cant get the new keyboard. Instead I get the old version.

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
What about rooted but no recovery?

My S5 is rooted but doesn't have a custom recovery because I don't plan on doing any heavy modding, like flashing ROMs or anything. The 'no-root' apk didn't work, but I can't flash a zip... What do I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to @bejunk
    As seen here you can get the files to add the Google L stock keyboard onto your device

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2796129

you have to manual install.
    1. extract all files.
    2. move the ''LatinImeGoogle.apk'' to /system/app; long press on APK, choose change permissions, now make the ticks like in attached picture.
    3. move the ''libjni_latinimegoogle.so'' to /system/lib; like above, long press, & change permissions.
    4. reboot system, then go to settings & activate keyboard

attachment.php

:good: