[Q] Will it support Windows 8?

Search This thread

chengan

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe a stupid question, but here goes:

Do you think that the Transformer Prime will support Windows 8? :rolleyes:

Diversion

Mar 2, 2010
I don't see why not.. It would have to be "hacked" to work though. .I can't see Asus allowing other OSes to be installed through the bootloader by default. The next problem is getting drivers to work with the Tegra3 and other hardware on the Prime. Even though Win8 has a ARM build in the works - hopefully Windows includes some Tegra3 drivers by default or something to make things easier on us.

Last edited:

morphiend

Mar 31, 2007
Windows8 wont be on tablets till mid 2013. NVIDIA would have gone through Kal el, Kal el+, and stark chips to be on Logan. I hope to be past the prime by that point. Windows8 is just way to late to the party. Live in the now man.

johnchad14

May 1, 2010
The current word is mid-late 2012 with tegra 3...which is why people are talking on this

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

morphiend

Mar 31, 2007
The current word is mid-late 2012 with tegra 3...which is why people are talking on this

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

"Notebooks running Windows 8 on ARM processors rather than Intel or AMD x86 chips aren’t expected to hit the market until June 2013, insider sources have suggested, indicating Microsoft’s Windows on ARM project will lag considerably behind the mainstream build. The platform itself is tipped to go public at the end of 2012, DigiTimes‘ sources tell them, but with the first hardware not scheduled until midway through the following year, broad adoption isn’t seen until 2014 at the earliest."

http://www.slashgear.com/windows-8-arm-notebooks-and-tablets-tipped-for-mid-2013-debut-29198573/

there's always the samsung slate tablet. that thing is a beast.

XXX-KP

Nov 30, 2011
No you can install windows 8 in the device as extent to i know, but still i have heard that it is possible to install Ubuntu in the device.

John Kotches

Apr 6, 2009
Collinsville, IL (STL Metro)
I suppose it's all rumors anyway:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobil...8-tablet-pegged-for-june-2012-release-1041532

My perspective is we know they are testing win8 on tegra 2 and 3 tablets, both have been mentioned. Win 8 will be in a state to release early next year, and the tablet tech will be there...I believe it'll happen in 2012. I can't imagine they'd really let it take that long and lose all that market share.

Microsoft has done nothing but stumble in the Mobile space.

Why will this be any different?