[Q] Htc desire 601 battery drain

Search This thread

mrzodrax

Jun 5, 2014
I need help!!!
I am running on android kit kat 4.4.2 (not rooted) Since last update Google play services keeps my phone awake even when phone is in sleep AND in safe mode. Like I said, I was using my phone in safe mode for twelve hours just to be sure that none of installed applications is not draining my battery. When I went to sleep last night battery was at 76% and after 6 hours battery was at 11%, when I checked battery history, wi-fi was off while phone is at sleep, "network signal" line was solid (as it suppose to be) and "keep awake" was solid blue also and it was running for 7 hours 16 minutes, straight (which is NOT suppose to be). And imagine my surprise when I saw GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES among running apps exact period of time!
It is obvious that Google play services drains battery. What can I do to prevent mentioned app to suck out life out of my battery and still to be able to use application that needs Google play services.

Thank you in advance.

I forgot to mention that I am dealing with this problem 15-20 days already and that I tried almost everything. Location is on gps only, wipe cash in recovery, remove battery, battery calibration, right now running in safe mode.........etc, etc, etc

keith456

Jan 3, 2012
australia
I need help!!!
I am running on android kit kat 4.4.2 (not rooted) Since last update Google play services keeps my phone awake even when phone is in sleep AND in safe mode. Like I said, I was using my phone in safe mode for twelve hours just to be sure that none of installed applications is not draining my battery. When I went to sleep last night battery was at 76% and after 6 hours battery was at 11%, when I checked battery history, wi-fi was off while phone is at sleep, "network signal" line was solid (as it suppose to be) and "keep awake" was solid blue also and it was running for 7 hours 16 minutes, straight (which is NOT suppose to be). And imagine my surprise when I saw GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES among running apps exact period of time!
It is obvious that Google play services drains battery. What can I do to prevent mentioned app to suck out life out of my battery and still to be able to use application that needs Google play services.

Thank you in advance.

I forgot to mention that I am dealing with this problem 15-20 days already and that I tried almost everything. Location is on gps only, wipe cash in recovery, remove battery, battery calibration, right now running in safe mode.........etc, etc, etc

Hi
have you disabled google play services ?
or you can try the following Google settings >location >location mode >choose battery saving mode or device only
battery saving and device only should reduce battery drain if you have to have gps on, otherwise shut gps ,Google play services can still function without gps .i think high accuracy while more accurate it is not yet optimized for day to day use yet
The Google play services affects most devices which have kitakt

unL33T

Jan 30, 2008
Ontario
Several of my coworkers have this phone on Rogers. They have had this problem for years. The phone stays "Awake" all the time, even when the screen is off.

I have the same one but on Bell. It worked fine for about 2 years. All of a sudden this week I have the same problem as them. Phone stays awake all the time and battery now goes dead in ~4-6 hours instead of 2-3 days when not used.

Very frustrating. Any known fix is appreciated.