[Q] Help with German streak impossible to upgrade to 2.1

Search This thread

OnkelAlbert

Mar 27, 2007
Hi all,

after playing around and testing for hours and reading all possible documentation I am completely lost. Maybe someone could help me? I'm quite new to the "flashing business" :)

Here are the facts:

- I have an European 00 Streak
- I wanted to go to 2.1
- Fastboot works without any problems, also Clockwork can be installed anytime
- After recovery which worked fine the Streak freezes when trying to update to ANY update.pkg, it does not seem to accept it
- After trying different things my device was "bricked" (I know it is not really the case)
- The only way I brought it back to life was downloading a Nandroid Backup of somebody else and restoring, which works absolutely fine
- I know from the Modaco forum that some other owners had exactly the same problem and the backup was the only way to get it back to life, but: Those others had no problems updating to 2.1 with the pkg file directly after the restore, which does not work for me
- Now I have a O2 1.6 Streak 4399 running fine
- Trying to update to 2.1 with the Update.pkg freezes the device again (but after a restart everything is fine again)
- Tried formating SD Card, different SD card, factory reset before updating, all you usually would think of

So now I look for an alternative method to bring my device to 2.1.

I tried
- regular way- freezing
- Clockwork with the update8105.zip available here - it says no valid archive
- Downloading the Streak_8105_img. zip

With the last one, I don't know what to do. Is ist possible to create a Nandroid backup out of that and restore it as this seems to be the only way to flash my Streak?

Thanks a lot for any help!

OnkelAlbert

Mar 27, 2007
... closed. After posting, I tried again to do anything right from the start again as in the original description, and although I did that 5 times already, this time it works...

W0nk0

May 30, 2008
Glad to hear you got your issue solved. May I ask where you found the nandroid backup you referred to? I have a pesky battery drain issue (see posts in general forum) which I would like to look at with different ROMs.

(I'm running a Uk streak on o2 germany with a RebelSim 2)

Thanks in advance,
W0nk0