(Rom) Captivate / Vibrant Hybrid r3 / No TouchWiz *9/7/2010* for Captivate

Search This thread

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If GPS fix is a lib issue, shouldn't we be sending Eugene the JH2/JH3 versions of them, as they will give us better satellite locks than JF6?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Kaik541

Jun 26, 2010
Cedar Park, TX
Why not just tell us the name? I am sure that is not a copyright violation, and all we need to do is back it up off our own phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

well if you're currently running a stock build, backup libSwypeCore.so from /system/lib and Swype.apk from /system/app and then just put them back after you flash

you can also get them from the captivate system dump (which is how I did it) and put them back

edit: thanks to Eugene for pointing out how to do this back in the Vibrant's thread

freedonkey

Oct 8, 2006
Can some one help me, I tried to do this

adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/dev/zero of=/data/dataimg bs=1024 count=1048576
busybox mknod /dev/loop0 b 7 0
busybox losetup /dev/loop0 /data/dataimg
busybox mkfs.ext2 /dev/loop0
mkdir /data/data1
mv /system/bin/used /system/bin/userinit.sh
reboot

but I got errors after busybox dd if=/dev/zero of=/data/dataimg bs=1024 count=1048576. This step ran and then I got permission denied. Can someone tell me what the above step did and how I can undo this please?

allanrq

Sep 5, 2010
First off I would like to thank everyone who worked on this. Installation was easy and had no issues. The interface seems nice and clean to me and I cannot believe the speed. After I installed this I noticed a couple of things and wanted to know if these are known issues or did I noob something up. The stock browser started up but got stuck trying to load the google website. tried to load other websites but it would not work. This is just an FI and not a big beal because it was easily fixed by going to the market and installing another browser. When turning wi-fi or bluetooth on or off from droping down the notification bar, the phone freezes up and requires a complete power down to clear. However if I toggle the setting on what looks like a widget on homepage 3, all the settings toggle correctly with no issues. Only other minor thing is when the notification bar drops down, the active screen behind it is still seen and not grayed out or dimmed. This makes it a little annoying depending on what screen is active when puling the notification bar down, again not a big deal. Not going to mention GPS since it has already been brought up. Thanks again.

Kaik541

Jun 26, 2010
Cedar Park, TX
Can some one help me, I tried to do this

adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/dev/zero of=/data/dataimg bs=1024 count=1048576
busybox mknod /dev/loop0 b 7 0
busybox losetup /dev/loop0 /data/dataimg
busybox mkfs.ext2 /dev/loop0
mkdir /data/data1
mv /system/bin/used /system/bin/userinit.sh
reboot

but I got errors after busybox dd if=/dev/zero of=/data/dataimg bs=1024 count=1048576. This step ran and then I got permission denied. Can someone tell me what the above step did and how I can undo this please?

when you typed "su", did you allow permissions on your phone? type it again and make sure your phone's screen is on to allow access

Dieabolical

Jul 23, 2010
Bloomingdale
Okay, just installed this. I have a landscape issue on my home screen, whereas, the app launcher is not completely there (appears cut off, or something). Other than that, I like it so far. Seems crisp.

iamamp3pimp

Jul 30, 2010
Flashed, its on a different (im guessing tmo) splash screen and the animation keeps repeating.

odd.

but im patiently waiting

and its done.

off to "sweep" my screen to unlock.

seems pretty quick. off to reinstall all my apps.

perium

Jul 27, 2010
I just loaded the rom from my JH2 install, and the notification bar looks odd. Are the pictures below how it should look?

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay... I'll Remove the Posted Rom, and update to the Latest...

However, till I can figure out the GPS, Just use wireless location for now.. so gps still works.

Just as good as it does with the actual GPS working. 2700 meter circle and you moving in the opposite direction you're actually traveling.