[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RTWright

Dec 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Just to clarify...you don't have pie enabled correct? You made changes in PA setting and they have all been restored to default?
Did you use any other application to make changes? There only a few native settings that remove notification bar visibility so it has to be one of them. PIE being enabled is the first thing I think of.

Flashing 3.99.1 now. Paranoid OTA keeps saying my device doesn't exist. Goo gave me the update notification. Here's the changelog:

"Paranoid Android
Public2 days agoEdited
+1'd by
Finally an update!
Probably one of the longest delays between releases but, we finally have one ready.
Version 4.0
Version 3.99.1-RC1 (release candidate) is finally here :p

[Goo.im] http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/mako/pa_mako-3.99.1-RC1-20130914.zip

[xda download] http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=423

[Copy] https://copy.com/bFRXjGjTD19b

Alright, so it may not be PA 4.0 but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. Here's the change log.

- Theme Engine (with support for lockscreen theming)
- Launcher2 update (from CMs Trebuchet commits)
- Set icon pack theme for launcher
- Custom icons for homescreen shortcuts
- HALO Mods
- Control halo animations
NOTE: Ping on unlock is now optional (default off)
- long press HALO for status info (PIE mode only)
- Tethering on T-mobile network no longer requires a log-in
- ScreenShot QuickTrash (discard screen shot directly from notification)
- Bug Fixes
- Code cleanup
- JSS otimizations [Mako kernel STILL JWR based]

Kernel changes:
Added Intelli-demand
showp1984's Thermal Control & mpdecision
(Trickstermod can be used to calibrate)"

From https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12nfnqxlwv3ghut522gjdub1zm1up4ng

Guess you missed the part where I had said it was fixed..... Anyway, doesn't seem to matter with the dropping of CDMA devices.... So I'll find another ROM now... Thanks.

Circaflex

Dec 12, 2008
Tustin
Just to make sure: Sprint uses cdma and you're dropping cdma, so this is a dead build (d2spr) from now on and won't be updated? No more paranoid android?

This makes me sad, but thanks for the hard work you've put in!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

thats what he is saying. Dropping Sprint and Verizon, at least for now. From what I gathered through OP's posts, Verizon builds were giving him problems and I am sure the Spring builds were too. He just started school again and will build when he has time/time permits. We might not see much of him on here soon either, hes constantly getting requests for ETAs, asking why its taking long, etc which would push me away too.

Reactions: ayysir

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
thats what he is saying. Dropping Sprint and Verizon, at least for now. From what I gathered through OP's posts, Verizon builds were giving him problems and I am sure the Spring builds were too. He just started school again and will build when he has time/time permits. We might not see much of him on here soon either, hes constantly getting requests for ETAs, asking why its taking long, etc which would push me away too.

pretty much. nail on the head. More dropping it out of annoyance

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Not supporting CDMA models anymore. If you want to continue development, and have some github and rom dev experience, feel free to message me on G+ or xda. I will keep kernel and source tree up to date but wont compile any more. Closing thread til someone willing to take over full time. Thanks for your support but, CDMA bugs are out of my hands and I cannot test them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

=>>Main Link

PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

FEATURES for PA 3+

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY

shots_12pk0x.png

ROM REVIEW AND TUTORIAL. (by raakaysh)

http://droidviews.com/2013/paranoidandroid-rom-3-review-tips-and-complete-walkthrough/

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][/FONT]Known issues:
    -Long Press HOME button doesn't start the Recent Apps Menu. (Will be fixed later)
    -Will need to add APN for data
    -To access keyboard you need to drop down the notification bar and select the box to access quick
    settings and in the Keyboard setting turn off the Hardware physical keyboard option.

--Signal only shows one bar
    --soft keys dont light up.---
    --galaxys3settings.pak is there but settings is not showing advance settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    [8/01/13][4.2.2] ParanoidAndroid 3.69, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.69

Created 2013-08-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-28
    I have free time this weekend and will be putting up a fresh build of pa u guys. Sorry real life got super busy as well as building a new apk for a client. Expect something very soon and not a port :D

XDA Moderator
    I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
    I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
    To
    debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
    To
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2