Nexus 10 arrived, broken

Search This thread

actonman

Jan 25, 2013
Barnsley
I got my shiny Nexus 10, opened it up, fantastic, screen brilliant. A very nice upgrade from the Nexus 7.

I got home and continued to get some new apps installed and had a browse using pulse. I ventured into my lounge, where the lights were a little brighter. I was about to turn the TV on and heard a buzzing noise.

FANTASTIC.

Google are sending me another...

I then made the mistake of updating FB saying its broken already. I should have just posted: APPLE FANBOYS, MAN/ANDROID DOWN, COME GET ME NOW WHILST I'M WEAK.

"Buy cheap, buy twice" That was possibly the best of the bunch.

It wasn't cheap?! haha, ah well.

After owning this for a day, i'm not that fussed about it breaking to be honest, its a minor fault and they sending me a new one. The main annoyance is people/idiots asking me why I didn't just buy an iPad?!

I cannot believe technology has such a divide, a tablet is a tablet, people don't have the same kind of hate for Nike if they are into Adidas, it really has become very sad.

Joined XDA today after using the site for some time and getting my old HTC tricked out. I won't go into too much detail now but I'm EXTREMELY happy with my new Nexus 4 and very happy I can sell my One X now.

Hello all!

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
Nobody is perfect. Both my Nexus 10 and ASUS TF300T are excellent devices. If I held both under a microscope I could find something to complain about.

Everthing today is price, time to market and the stock price. Are you surprised things are not perfect?

Still Charged Up

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
I'd take Samsung over Asus any day of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

This... unless you've tried a modern Asus tablet (possibly non-Nexus since the 7 sounds alright) you dont understand just how bad they can be. They cut corners in all the wrong places, and once you notice them you cant unnotice them.

Sorry that happened to you. Fortunately, many of us can say from experience that the good ones are really good. Far better than those Apple tablets that people seem to be mindlessly swooning over.

EvoYas

Feb 2, 2011
I swear to God I am so sick and tired of the same damn question "why didnt you get an iPad, it clearly has way more apps and blah blah blah". Because i dont wanna be paying to do everything on it, thats why.

O well, mine came a few weeks ago and it had a couple of random reboots, but im fine with it as it has no light bleed and it hasnt rebooted it self for a week or over now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
I'm guessing some of you guys never used a Asus tablet. I had the infinity. It was a beautiful tablet but boy does Asus know how to ruin a great device. Everything Asus makes has i/o issues. So when your downloading something you tablet is pretty much unusable. I never sold anything faster then that thing. Then after going to forums on any of there devices they all have the same problem. Lol even their computers.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Bait-Fish

jlholimon

Feb 23, 2012
Raleigh
I have a tf201 and got so sick of it I got a N10. I did like the keyboard, but there were just too many other little things that I could never get to work right. This after 3 rma's for wireless GPS and other issues . I have had this for 4 days and so far I really like it. I am still trying to get everything setup and figured out.
I think, what many people have trouble with is in how they use it. I don't really play games, but I do use it for productivity purposes and I'm reading a lot of books on Kindle or Google Books. What I found disappointing on the TF 201 was that I couldn't use it very well to write on the screen to take notes, which was a big frustration for me, as I don't want to have to type things out. The tests with my stylus on this has been a little better (using my jot pro) .
I think I also like the screen much better over the TF 201 which was a low resolution, something that I feel awful cheated on, because they came out with the tf700 so quickly afterwards with the same hardware except for the screen.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Last edited:

ljg600

Jan 21, 2013
I'm guessing some of you guys never used a Asus tablet. I had the infinity. It was a beautiful tablet but boy does Asus know how to ruin a great device. Everything Asus makes has i/o issues. So when your downloading something you tablet is pretty much unusable. I never sold anything faster then that thing. Then after going to forums on any of there devices they all have the same problem. Lol even their computers.

I have the Infinity 700t using the stock rom, unrooted. With the latest JB firmware update, there is minimal lag. Yesterday I downloaded 3 gb of files (The Bard's Tale) and was able to browse and do other tasks. Overall performance, including browsing is good- not spectacular, but highly usable and reasonably fast. Other than using Boat Browser, routinely clearing browser cache, occasional cold booting and disabling a lot of the pre-installed apps- I have made no system changes. Also, I uninstalled the FB client. Mostly because I find it a very poorly developed piece of software- actually preferring the web version.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd take Samsung over Asus any day of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app