[Q] Super sensitive power button(disable?)

Search This thread

little8020

Aug 12, 2010
Attalla, AL
A few weeks ago my power button started freaking out. It has become super sensitive to were if I touch it it will either hit about 3 quick times(screen off, on, off) or bring up the power menu.
I'm running CM so I have volume and home button wake and a lock screen widget on my home screen and in the pull down menu.
My problem is that it is getting more and more sensitive to were I would like to be able to disable the button while the phone is on. Is that possible at all.
Thanks

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The beginning of a sticky power button. You'll need to clean it out. Some have said to use canned air, others have said taking it apart. Its a known Samsung issue which I think is why they keep the home button.

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio
If you want to disable the power key in the future, it's under system/usr/keylayout/sec_powerkey.kl

When you open it up you should see this,

key 116 POWER WAKE

To disable it, just change it to this.
#key 116 POWER WAKE

Just make sure to back it up first.

tjmannos

Dec 4, 2014
You have got to be kidding me. This actually worked. I had previously taken it to a repair shop, and after taking it apart and fiddling with the button and motherboard, they declared it unfixable. I guess they (and I) never thought to physically flick the power button with a fingernail. Hmmm... Thanks for the tip!

This video made me laugh my ass off until I thought, what the heck, and tried it on my wifes phone and it worked.

I removed the back cover to get closer to the button and flicked the crap out of both sides of the power button until my finger was killing me, it has been two weeks now with no recurrence of the problem.

Reactions: jnarrow

danishdish

Sep 8, 2012
Washington
OnePlus 7T
You have got to be kidding me. This actually worked. I had previously taken it to a repair shop, and after taking it apart and fiddling with the button and motherboard, they declared it unfixable. I guess they (and I) never thought to physically flick the power button with a fingernail. Hmmm... Thanks for the tip!

LOL!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Kgarci

Apr 13, 2016
I was laughing at this but then my boyfriend started flicking my phone and it wasn't sensitive anymore:D

jnarrow

Aug 16, 2016

OMG literally just banged it with a plastic bottle and it works now...

Last edited:

Ultrimax

Dec 12, 2016
Hey Guys,

*** This is for those guy's phone which the previous method of fixing did not work. ***

I did a really AWESOME and Quick Fix to my Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M, I took out the cover button of the power button and stuffed a moderate amount of tissue to cover and support the cover in its place. It is abit harder to press, but it works normal as now it the pressure applier is not nearly as hard as it was before.

Thanks

Mack0907

Dec 20, 2020
This video made me laugh my ass off until I thought, what the heck, and tried it on my wifes phone and it worked.

I removed the back cover to get closer to the button and flicked the crap out of both sides of the power button until my finger was killing me, it has been two weeks now with no recurrence of the problem.

😂🤣 it worked on my phone too HAHAHAHHA

tiwaribhaiya

Feb 25, 2021

F@cking Insane bro, Turns out that there is maybe a ball that is misplaced somewhere, which after flicking comes to right place. You won't believe how helpful this post is. A life saver. I didn't had time to go to service center in the middle of a meeting. I flicked it hard and hard and it worked.

PS : I made account in here just to post this, thanks man.

iFlickedMyPhone

Jun 16, 2021

BLOODY HELL IT ACTUALLY WORKS

Lipzz

May 15, 2022

oh god thanks alot, i was getting ready to service center and i found ur comment. i feels bad for my dad 🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSbBG4NV-w

If you want to disable the power key in the future, it's under system/usr/keylayout/sec_powerkey.kl

When you open it up you should see this,

key 116 POWER WAKE

To disable it, just change it to this.
    #key 116 POWER WAKE

Just make sure to back it up first.