[Q] Comparably insensitive s-note

Search This thread

adrockr

Feb 10, 2011
I recently purchased a used note 10.1, and I must be doing something wrong. I tried searching for this question, but I could not find quite the same thing.

I got the note mostly because I have always wanted to have a tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus (s-pen), but they were out of my price range until recently.

I want to be able to put down a very thin line, and then be able to bring it up to a thicker line. I CAN do this in papyrus, beautifully and perfectly. But I cannot seem to do it to nearly the same quality in S Note, on the exact same tablet, in the tablet's native note software (the software the stylus was made to be used for).

I can put down a far more delicate line in papyrus. But with the exact same pressure, I lose the line entirely in S Note, as if I am not applying enough pressure to register the line. But the pressure is the same.

My question is...why is this? Am I doing something wrong? I want to be able to use S Note in all it's glory, with all of the cool integrative features, but I want the pen to perform as good as papyrus. I am aware that I can physically adjust the sensitivity of the pen by taking the button off, but then my notes would look bad in papyrus. Do I need to pull apart the s-pen and adjust the sensitivity for each individual program?

HELP! Very irritated by this. :eek:

Last edited:

ZagrebMasta

Apr 13, 2012
Each app has it's own pressure sensitivity and filter settings. With Lecturenotes you can edit some of those settings.
About your issue, maybe buy another stylus and adjust it for Snote only? :D

adrockr

Feb 10, 2011
Is there a root app that manages all that? A separate s-pen for different apps is an expensive choice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

adrockr

Feb 10, 2011
Video of difference

Each app has it's own pressure sensitivity and filter settings. With Lecturenotes you can edit some of those settings.
About your issue, maybe buy another stylus and adjust it for Snote only? :D

So I adjusted the pen with the instructions so that it is just less then marking when hovering, as soon as the pen makes contact it begins to mark, but then the slightest touch of the s-pen makes a comparably big fat line. I made a video showing the difference.

http://youtu.be/3ZaIuEkIBR4

What am I doing wrong? Does S-note just suck for everyone? Or just me?

adrockr

Feb 10, 2011
So it turns out that the snote "pen" simply does not exhibit pressure sensitively. Pencil does. So I guess I'm stuck with a fuzzy line if I want pressure sensitivity. I wish I could download more writing implements. A gel tip or a calligraphy ps pen would be amazing. Oh well.

ZagrebMasta

Apr 13, 2012
So it turns out that the snote "pen" simply does not exhibit pressure sensitively. Pencil does. So I guess I'm stuck with a fuzzy line if I want pressure sensitivity. I wish I could download more writing implements. A gel tip or a calligraphy ps pen would be amazing. Oh well.

Have you tried OneNote? Handwritting was added in the last update and it does what you want, nice pressure sensitivity writting.