[Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

Search This thread

cherry676

Jan 16, 2013
Singapore
Thanks for the advice ..But Windows is not recognizing the phone..When i try to flash and go into flash mode ..Pressing the back button and connecting..The flash tool says device not connected

Remove and re-insert the battery. Do not start the phone. Re-start your computer. Install the drivers for your phone again. Install fastboot and flashmode drivers as well. Now try to connect the phone and check it. Sometimes it does work. I have a played with my baby (Neo L)..:laugh:

mohans26

Aug 6, 2013
No luck...

I have tried the method..The window prompt says " The device has malfunctioned...blah blah...can not recognize the device..."

Are there any other alternative methods ?

Pippo Mandiri

Jun 8, 2013
Thanks for the advice ..But Windows is not recognizing the phone..When i try to flash and go into flash mode ..Pressing the back button and connecting..The flash tool says device not connected

Oke then,are u sure ur battery not empty yet?
Only my opinion,please charge ur device about 2hours.....
And dont forget when u flash it,connect when tje screen command u to connect,not earlier......

Sent from my MT25i using xda app-developers app

mohans26

Aug 6, 2013
hmmm...

Dear Pippo, I think you are correct..my phone is not charging at all and even if i connect the battery is not getting charged.

It seems the charging wont work on this phone, i have ordered an universal charger to charge the phone.

Anyone knows any other way of charging ? I dont own any of other sony cell phones.

sushantp606

Aug 9, 2013
Bangalore
phone isnt getting switch on

If u from india then u can call me I can fix ur problem 9437256037. Just dwnld flashtool and firmware of neo l then flash it

Sent from my MT25i using xda premium

Well my problem is diffrent , i was trying to root my xperia neo l ... after flashing neo v kernal .. its dint start .. even after that first step doolord shows something is being killing procedure.. finally no its showing "deamon started succesfully " and thn stucked ... i have been waiting for last 45 minutes... and even still phone is nt getting on.. wat shall i do .. its been 6 days ..

mang109

Nov 17, 2013
it doesn't matters where you are... Download flashtool... Install it... Then you need a firmware file for your phone... Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047914.. Download whichever firmware file you want... .587 is recommended... If you want you can have .631 also... after downloading the .ftf file, place it in firmwares folder of the flashtool installed folder... open flashtool.. Click on lightning icon.. It will ask 'flashmode' or 'fastboot'.. select flashmode... Then select the .ftf which you placed now.. Uncheck 'no final verification' option... Then connect your phone to the PC by holding the back button on ur phone... After the flashing is finished, switch on your phone... its done..

Hi newbie here i have had a similar problem like the first post in this thread. Now that i have tried the way you mentioned it here, i am getting a prompt to put my phone in debugging mode. Now how am i suppose to do that if i cant switch on my phone. Please Help :confused:

kedar a.k.a. 3K

Jun 9, 2014
mumbai
:good:
Well my problem is diffrent , i was trying to root my xperia neo l ... after flashing neo v kernal .. its dint start .. even after that first step doolord shows something is being killing procedure.. finally no its showing "deamon started succesfully " and thn stucked ... i have been waiting for last 45 minutes... and even still phone is nt getting on.. wat shall i do .. its been 6 days ..

dude you cannot use any other kernel for a specific device;although neo l and v are similar the difference in their kernels is vast.
you may consider to flash the stock ftf for neo l as it has the stock kernel included in it
and you do not need to change the kernel to root just install adb drivers in pc and use eroot

Last edited:

rjbaraiya

Jun 18, 2013
Vadodara
Hi newbie here i have had a similar problem like the first post in this thread. Now that i have tried the way you mentioned it here, i am getting a prompt to put my phone in debugging mode. Now how am i suppose to do that if i cant switch on my phone. Please Help :confused:

If the green light is flashing then it should not ask you to put your phone in debugging mode.
Just follow the steps and do it again. I am sure it will work and do flash whole rom (remove the final verfications checkbox tickmark)
then you will be prompted to connect your phone
for that- remove battery. Then reinsert it, hold the go back button and plug in the usb cable.
Also make sure that proper drivers are installed for your device( if not then flashtool has a folder in the directory where u installed it named 'drivers' and there is a setup file from which you need to install your device specific drivers. Do this and i am sure you will be able to flash your stock rom.
Hope this helps :D
Hit thanks if this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AW: [Q] Sony Xperia Neo L not getting switched on

I have done as you said, LED light turned green... If there is no problem, y it is not getting switch on ?
    I really appreciate your response. :)

If led turns green than install flash tool to your PC, download latest ftf file for your phone and flash the ftf to your phone. But flash not whole rom parts, only flash kernel within that ftf.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2