[MOD][RESHARE] Working quad window on all kitkat roms.

Search This thread

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
As many users on a custom rom based on Touchwiz jellybean, we saw the functionality being unavailable on touchwiz kitkat :( (not removed completely, thanks to @ravijani for the info)
While I myself didn't like the quad window on a screen of this size, many users wanted it.
As I was trying to search, many informed me of multiwindow plus by @xperiacle to obtain the functionality.
Many users didn't know how to use the functionality though, and wanted it natively.

XDA user @unclefab from the galaxy mega community managed to get this functionality working on kitkat base, and for all roms, and with his proper permission, I am sharing his mod here.

Original thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770531
All credits to @unclefab, go and thank him if you use this mod.

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Last edited:

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
FYI kikat deleted floating window not quad window means pen window directly from multiwindow ssidebar.. while quad was there from begining.
on <5.5 inch screen quad window is useless thats why removed from dn3.

also xperiacle added app long ago for this called multiwindow plus If i m not wrong for this.
Yes there is that app.. multi window plus but many users wanted it natively just the way it was in DN3 v3.2 (4.3 JB)

And I remember Arsaw saying once that samsung put many codes to stop quad multiwindow from running so we had no luck with that.
But it's good that we got it running just with a single permissions file. :)

And @KNIGHT97
We only require a sigle file from the original thread

"com.sec.feature.multiwindow.quadview.xml"

The other two are already there in mostly all roms.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Meriem

Sep 16, 2013
FYI kikat deleted floating window not quad window means pen window directly from multiwindow ssidebar.. while quad was there from begining.
on <5.5 inch screen quad window is useless thats why removed from dn3.

also xperiacle added app long ago for this called multiwindow plus If i m not wrong for this.

I am one of those who wanted Quad-Multiwindow and Floating-Window natively available as seen on DN3 up to v3.2.1.
Now, to clarify the KitKat 4.4.2 situation and DN3 v5.2 latest release up to toady:

1) Quad-Multiwindow is the feature that doubles the frames of the original Samsung Dual-Multiwindow.
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and swipe it to the desktop.
Repeat this action 3 times and you get 4 apps in single frame each.
This is possible by installing Multiwindow Plus by Xperiacle.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in.

2) Floating-Window is the feature that runs apps in a independent freely positionable and resizable window.
It is the same result to launch the app in a window through Air Command Pen Window feature (longer and tedoious actions though).
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and automatically it opens in a window on the desktop.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in, even if some cosmetic issues were in when the window was minimized.
In DN3 4.4.2 KitKat verisons this feature is no longer available. You get the goal only through AIr Command Pen Window feature and with no
cosmetic issues when window is minimized (bravo E-Team !)
You may install Pen Window Manager by Xperiacle. But it is not the same thing.
Once you set an app to open in a window, it will always open in a window.

So my question now is: Floating-Pen Window will be available again also on KitKat DN3 rom?

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
I am one of those who wanted Quad-Multiwindow and Floating-Window natively available as seen on DN3 up to v3.2.1.
Now, to clarify the KitKat 4.4.2 situation and DN3 v5.2 latest release up to toady:

1) Quad-Multiwindow is the feature that doubles the frames of the original Samsung Dual-Multiwindow.
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and swipe it to the desktop.
Repeat this action 3 times and you get 4 apps in single frame each.
This is possible by installing Multiwindow Plus by Xperiacle.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in.

2) Floating-Window is the feature that runs apps in a independent freely positionable and resizable window.
It is the same result to launch the app in a window through Air Command Pen Window feature (longer and tedoious actions though).
From Multiwindow bar you tap an app and automatically it opens in a window on the desktop.
In DN3 4.3 JellyBean versions it is natively in, even if some cosmetic issues were in when the window was minimized.
In DN3 4.4.2 KitKat verisons this feature is no longer available. You get the goal only through AIr Command Pen Window feature and with no
cosmetic issues when window is minimized (bravo E-Team !)
You may install Pen Window Manager by Xperiacle. But it is not the same thing.
Once you set an app to open in a window, it will always open in a window.

So my question now is: Floating-Pen Window will be available again also on KitKat DN3 rom?
It's removed by Samsung actually. So cant really say if we can get it working.

Edit: You can use Pen window launcher app which allows you to launch pen window without Spen
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meriem

joe.sebin

Sep 10, 2012
Dubai
sorry, if im wrong...

by using multiwindow plus xpossed module we can achieve this, right??

Attachments

• 2014-06-25-15-07-26.jpg
    2014-06-25-15-07-26.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 595

ausi

Mar 4, 2007

Here is the flashable zip for quad multiwindow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp8db6w928wk1v1/QuadMultiWindow_Enabler.zip @KNIGHT97 Add it to the second post.

OK, i flashed it on my DN3 V5.2 but still i can only see "2" Apps @ the same time (-not 4),........is there something else i need to do to configure it etc?

What about "Floating-Window " is this part of this Zip or do i need to install something more?

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Here is the flashable zip for quad multiwindow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp8db6w928wk1v1/QuadMultiWindow_Enabler.zip @KNIGHT97 Add it to the second post.

OK, i flashed it on my DN3 V5.2 but still i can only see "2" Apps @ the same time (-not 4),........is there something else i need to do to configure it etc?

What about "Floating-Window " is this part of this Zip or do i need to install something more?
Floating window is removed from framework, so can't be enabled again natively except for through an app.
About the quad window, don't know why it didn't work. ..I don't use this mod, so can't comment much about it. I just reshared this.

Top Liked Posts