Is Qik preinstalled on SII ?

Search This thread

Sp1tfire

Apr 15, 2009
Bucharest
Today Samsung Apps prompted me to update Qik. Is Qik preinstalled on SII cause i certainly didn't install it and i don't have it in my apps. The annoying thing is i can't get rid of the message unless i update/install it :confused:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Qik comes pre-installed on a lot of phones in the U.S. Whoever you're video-calling has to have Qik also. I'm guessing in Europe Qik would be a waste. It doesn't do anything that Skype (with video) doesn't do too. Microsoft also just bought them so I'd imagine it'll get absorbed in to Skype anyway.

Sp1tfire

Apr 15, 2009
Bucharest
Qik comes pre-installed on a lot of phones in the U.S. Whoever you're video-calling has to have Qik also. I'm guessing in Europe Qik would be a waste. It doesn't do anything that Skype (with video) doesn't do too. Microsoft also just bought them so I'd imagine it'll get absorbed in to Skype anyway.

Well, if it's preinstalled, it is very well hidden. I can't seem to find any app that could be Qik on my device, besides Android Market doesn't see it as installed either. I use Tango or Viber for wi-fi calls anyway. I just wanna get rid of the annoying message :D

rodeo_calling

Mar 30, 2005
I got a message to update it as well. Any ideas where it is located on the phone.

Sent from my galaxy S2

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
It is not in the phone.

Samsung lies it is not update but rather new install that samsung wants to push onto phones prolly cause some backroom deal.

I don't even know why it bothers you guys it is only in samsung app who even goes there for trialware crapware. Not like its on notification bar.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Last edited: