[Q&A][FAQ] HoliRaider by Bananacakes

Search This thread

choof

Feb 4, 2012
bananacakes does not appear to be using depositfiles for the latest release, so download seems to be smoother, but just incase i have uploaded to bayfiles for extra download link

bayfiles.com/file/4a6l/pQBobP/HoliRaider_v1.75_4g.zip

simkid5614

Sep 29, 2010
Brooksville
Bayfiles has crapped out on the new one. Hit download it counts then start download leads to the upload page for me. Dropbox is overloaded and the link is disabled.

nielp96

Sep 17, 2010
ovideo
Too bad bananacakes is leaving xda forums :(

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

Last edited:

accts

Feb 21, 2012
Evergreen State
Please come back Bananacakes

Just when learned how to flash a new room and found this HoliRaider is one of the best ROM. Sad news coming along bananacakes is leaving :confused:. I couldn't write on the thread V1.75 since i'm new member.

I hope you (bananacakes) will have time to cool down and resolve issue with WCX and Shotgunmark. I'm fully supporting you. Please come back and give us updates as I'm so depended on this ROM.

And Thank You for all your hard work.

MisterSchnapps

May 30, 2010
bananacakes does not appear to be using depositfiles for the latest release, so download seems to be smoother, but just incase i have uploaded to bayfiles for extra download link

bayfiles.com/file/4a6l/pQBobP/HoliRaider_v1.75_4g.zip

since the original thread has been removed, can anyone explain how to install? i just came from the inspire4g today, im already rooted. just need a quick tutorial, i have the rom but do i need a boot.img or kernel at all? hoping someone can point me in the right direction. .

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
since the original thread has been removed, can anyone explain how to install? i just came from the inspire4g today, im already rooted. just need a quick tutorial, i have the rom but do i need a boot.img or kernel at all? hoping someone can point me in the right direction. .

Yes. DL the holicakes kernel it is a .rar with the date 2/26/2012. unzip it, clear dalvic cache and run the flashbootimg. then clear all settings/cache and install the ROM in CWM then after boot run the 4g patch in CWM. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterSchnapps

MisterSchnapps

May 30, 2010
Yes. DL the holicakes kernel it is a .rar with the date 2/26/2012. unzip it, clear dalvic cache and run the flashbootimg. then clear all settings/cache and install the ROM in CWM then after boot run the 4g patch in CWM. Good luck.

nevermind, its the one from this thread correct?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359656

which boot img is it?
and i need the 4g patch too.
=/
guess ill have to wait for a new dev/rom to come, or for these guys to make up

Last edited:

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
Reactions: MisterSchnapps

jh64dsb877r

Jan 20, 2012
Did bananacakes relocate the project at this point? Or is it all in limbo until things settle down a bit more?

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
Ok so I had like 3 gb of "temporary files from HTC apps" thought it was strange so I deleted it....it apparently deleted ALL my music except the 19 or so on my sd card...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330616486015.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330616486015.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 69

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
@ joshua54 - Yes, it does exactly what it says, so choose carefully what you delete.

I have also talked with a few friends & if BC does not come back, development of this rom will continue as a collaborative project. You may not know me as a cook, but I frequently contribute to other cooks by helping to fix bugs & finding wasted space & incorrectly utilized moules, scripts, etc.

From the days of BuzzLightYear & the BlueAngel I have always cooked my own personal rom, shared with very few & never publicly released, however I am more than capable.

I'd rather BC come back & do it himself, as I more enjoy solving driver issues & firmware hacking than the tedium of cooking.

Either way though HoliRaider style rom will live on.

Right now though there is a Raider with ICS in a dev's hands. Well it was...before he sold it, so right now I am trying to get the hboot ripped from the device for use on our devices with ICS. Tru ICS will not work without the new HBoot & radio, which is addressed a bit differently & not the easiest thing dump & then rebuild.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

& BTW, the thread was temporarily removed & it will be back for posterity at a minimum. Shogun & Mike are working on getting a hold of BC as well as cleaning up all the garbage posts the knuckle heads & trolls shared with us.

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
What I don't understand is why there is a "music" file and then at the top is the HTC temp folder... Before I deleted the temp stuff I had like 900 files under music now they r all gone...but I didn't select to delete the music:( was it because my music was on internal sd card that it got deleted?...I know I can't get it back lol I'm just trying to figure out why it deleted music too:( lol thank u for the help! And I also really hope bc comes back! I miss him ! Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nevermind, its the one from this thread correct?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359656

which boot img is it?
    and i need the 4g patch too.
    =/
    guess ill have to wait for a new dev/rom to come, or for these guys to make up

Yes the one in that thread. Also, you dont NEED the 4g patch unless you want your phone to show "4G" instead of "H+". If you want it, just pm me.
    /system/lib/modules would be found on internal sd card? And would I do this after flashing Rom and boot.IMG ?

It's the system folder, not on SD. I normally use Root Explorer to copy the file, but if you are using ES File Explorer, you need go to Settings and check Up to Root, then press back on when you are in /sdcard/ folder and it will show you /system

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

The post says that regrettably both Banancakes and WC has left xda-developers, Bananacake's last release is 1.75 and now he is only developing for his native country. The HoliRaider 1.8 beneath is not complete as it is purely Korean version (such as HTC input), so the op of that post sxh3366 says he has taken the 1.8 and the international 1.75 and put together a international 1.8.

To see the link, one must register and reply to post