Officiall no ICS

Search This thread

unknownz_1

May 3, 2012

TU Homer

May 8, 2009
Tulsa
Just to be painfully clear, "IF" the LG 2X gets Android 4.0, then this can be ported to the T-Mobile G2X.....correct?

solidbau5

Mar 19, 2012
Oh you beat me to it, I made a new post for nothing. Either ways, great news! I bet the devs can get a stable JB working with these drivers

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
If LG actually does provide ICS for the Optimus 2X and the NVIDIA drivers can be used for the G2X, which they most likely will be able to, it will ressurrect the G2X. If anyone is a gambler, they should buy a bunch of G2X phones cheap now and cash in big time after.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG Can go to hell!!!!
    It may be money but

LG and Nvidia's both need o know that virtually every member of our community will not by their phone products again. If its so damn expensive, release the source and let people develop for it. If that's too scary than just accept that we have learned never to trust you. The only way I buy Nvidia's again is if I get a nexus 7?..the only way I would buy an lg phone again is if someone paid me to take it. You failed--both LG and Nvidia's. I think it's time we advertise our unhappiness...petitions do nothing but bad press and bad reviews might be effective.
    ...the reality is, is it that it takes money and resources to develop updates for any phone. If you already have new products you are trying to sell, there is no incentive for LG (or any other manufacturer) to continue support for an older product that will NOT generate revenue.

I hate this as much as you guys do, trust me, but it comes down to keeping the business running and generating income to stay in the game...

Although I see your point, I completely disagree. Customers bring revenue and customers need a reason to buy a product, so this is where reliability and credibility come in. By abandoning the older customers, they're putting a huge dent in their reliability; after all, how reliable is a phone that becomes obsolete in less than half a year due to poor customer support? Now add the fact that they've promised ICS in some cases and refuted that all together in other cases, and you can also throw credibility out of the window.

People who hear reviews from unhappy, abandoned customers will not want to buy an LG product and those customers will probably completely discredit LG in any way they can from that point on. When you look at it that way, the way that it actually is, you can see a terrible business model.