Offbrand Wireless Charging Orb

Search This thread

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
I found a nice wireless charger online, but due to the fact that I haven't bought a wireless charger before, I have no idea if the specifications it has are any good. Here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9SKJN6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1E57UY6AMKO25

61Bsb1vMP9L._SX522_.jpg

What do you guys think?

johnq54

Jul 5, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
I bought the same one. Had it for about a week now, and with no problems charging the phone.

My only issue is trying to find a case for the phone that doesn't slide off the charger. Both spigen cases I have bought, the phone slides off after a few minutes. Without a case, the phone stays on beautifully. However, I like to keep my phone in a case all the time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Try attaching some thin magnets on the surface of the charger. You could alternatively buy some magnet tape and apply that.

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
I also found this one that looks fine but there are no reviews so I'm a little bit hesitant. http://www.amazon.com/PThink-Qi-Ena...e=UTF8&qid=1390259691&sr=8-6&keywords=qi+coil

31c3rL93ilL.jpg

That really depends on where the coils are located on that device. It looks like it should work, if you are going by the qi mark in the center, because the coil on the N5 is close to the center of the phone.

EDIT: I see they say it has three coils. If that is the case, then it's like the Tylt VU where it has three or so coils.

Reactions: thor6577

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Reactions: thor6577

sosquidtaste

Jun 28, 2010
Los Angeles
That's odd. I have the same off-brand (bought mine on NewEgg, but it looks to be the same one) Qi charger and I've not had any kind of slippage issues with mine.

Took it on a trip recently, and it held up just fine without slipping when I was using my Ringke Slim case. And-- needless to say-- I have no slipping problems when I'm not traveling, and go caseless on my N5.

I always did prefer the Nexus Orb charger look!

Top Liked Posts