30,4,14[Ace] CWM 6.0.4.8 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch 6.29.8 (libtouch_gui 1.90)

Search This thread

3498BoyZ

May 20, 2013
I have only ship soff and the .ZIP didnt worked. The bootloader recognizes the file but it stops the process after parsing the file

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

matroihanoi

May 6, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
HIc,
My device have Unlocked bootloader,

I use ADB /fastboot to flash the boot.img file many times before.
But I can't flash thish recovery file,

CMD says:
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': Unknown error

Someone help me please .
Thank you .

ioto

Mar 4, 2013
My phone gets into recovery by itself when charging with this recovery. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks.

gitardan17

Sep 7, 2012
I have only ship soff and the .ZIP didnt worked. The bootloader recognizes the file but it stops the process after parsing the file

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Mine too @ first. Just renamed original to PD98IMG.zip & put in sd card. Then I grabbed coloured_chalk's from post #18, noticed its already named that & put that in sd card via root explorer. Saw the progress bar after it asked vol up for yes, vol down for no. Works now.

Made sure I removed that original, renamed of course. AND moved to downloads afterward. Starts every reboot into recovery now.

Thanks again to Ruling & coloured_chalk. (Yes I hit thanks on both.) Lol

P.S. Am I the only one not to use laptop/desktop to install? Downloaded AND installed with my phone.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
HIc,
My device have Unlocked bootloader,

I use ADB /fastboot to flash the boot.img file many times before.
But I can't flash thish recovery file,

CMD says:
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': Unknown error

Someone help me please .
Thank you .

Be sure that downloaded img file is not corrupted.
If your device is Unlocked/ENG S-OFF you can try the following method, which it works directly from the phone without using pc.
Rename the file as recovery.img and put on root of sdcard. Open terminal emulator and type:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

If you have no error message you can type in terminal
reboot recovery
and enjoy your new recovery.

P.S.: @Ruling Thanks for new version! Downloading... I noticed goo.im url points to old version. And glad to see from first post that you liked my first words about the recovery!

Last edited:

Ruling

Sep 15, 2012
www.1024team.com
If your device is Unlocked/ENG S-OFF you can try the following method, which it works directly from the phone without using pc.
Rename the file as recovery.img and put on root of sdcard. Open terminal emulator and type:
su

reboot recovery

P.S.: @Ruling Thanks for new version! Downloading... I noticed goo.im url points to old version. And glad to see from first post that you liked my first words about the recovery!

I need to submit a new version to Philz, then he uploaded to goo.im, so it will be some delay

matroihanoi

May 6, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
su

reboot recovery

did you rename this file to recovery.img?

Thank all,
I that file when i flash was renamed.
My device unlocked bootloader, but still S-ON :(
So, can i flash by phone through the Terminal Emulator???

Ruling

Sep 15, 2012
www.1024team.com
Thank all,

did you update your hboot?

Download recovery Image and adb tools,
Rename this Image to recovery.img ,Put recovery.img and adb tools together.
Open the device's USB debugging, run "Run me.bat".
Then will automatically flash recovery.

Sent from my HTC T528w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
Thank all,

No, you can't. Must be s-off. If adb won't work your best chance is gaining s-off with a tool. As Ruling said, you can update your hboot with the version on the first page or superior. Then you can also retry flashing via adb but with s-on I think it will not work via bootloader.

EDIT: Installed 6.23.3. I plugged-in for charging now while power off, phone still goes in recovery. If I remember well this issue was in CWM touch 5.0.2.8 (the last official cwm touch recovery for dhd) too...

Last edited:

Ruling

Sep 15, 2012
www.1024team.com
No, you can't. Must be s-off. If adb won't work your best chance is gaining s-off with a tool. As Ruling said, you can update your hboot with the version on the first page or superior. Then you can also retry flashing via adb but with s-on I think it will not work via bootloader.

EDIT: Installed 6.23.3. I plugged-in for charging now while power off, phone still goes in recovery. If I remember well this issue was in CWM touch 5.0.2.8 (the last official cwm touch recovery for dhd) too...

how to solve this?

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Does this version fix the sd-ext mount point issue. I.e it can't format a sd-ext as its can not mount it. Also I am missing the ability to partition the sdcard via recovery.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Z_0r10n1S

Nov 1, 2012
how to solve this?

I installed the last touch cwm recovery for our device, which is 5.8.1.5, and has the same issue. Maybe should we find a similar device, with CWM touch 6.0.X which has no issue with charging, and include those changes? HTC Droid Incredible, evo LTE and One devices use official cwm 6.0.4.X for example. Could we ask to its user if they have that issue? You can pm me if you need some help to solve that, I'm not a dev but I'll be glad helping you.

@hacktrix2006 No, mount and format sd-ext are not present yet, even repartition sdcard isn't.

Last edited:

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I installed the last touch cwm recovery for our device, which is 5.8.1.5, and has the same issue. Maybe should we find a similar device, with CWM touch 6.0.X which has no issue with charging, and include those changes? HTC Droid Incredible, evo LTE and One devices use official cwm 6.0.4.X for example. Could we ask to its user if they have that issue? You can pm me if you need some help to solve that, I'm not a dev but I'll be glad helping you.

@hacktrix2006 No, mount and format sd-ext are not present yet, even repartition sdcard isn't.

Thanks for the reply, guess i will stick with the Philz CWM i have currently and use the manual format methord currently being used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

CWM Touch for Ace was a bit old and outdated compared with others recoveries. Now it seems one of the most functional.
    PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM.
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones,It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI.

Backup and restore working
    USB mount working
    Mustaavalkosta's CM11 support
    device will go into recovery by itself when charging
    one thing need to tell you, you can't use this recovery flash a aroma2.56 package just like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1960734, maybe need update aroma to 2.70B4.

Don't PM me about this recovery,just post at this thread.
    If you like my work,please click on the “Thanks” button on the left.

Instruction:

Update your hboot to 2.00.0029

For S OFF Users:
    Download PD98IMG.zip ,
    Put in your SD card,and reboot to hboot,
    Press the "Volume Up" to Update,
    Press "POWER".to Reboot.
    After setup remove the file.

For Unlocked Users:
    Download recovery Image and adb tools,
    Rename this Image to recovery.img ,Put in
    Open the device's USB debugging, run "Run me.bat".
    Then will automatically flash recovery.

Download links:

Changelog:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39433912&postcount=5

Githubs:

Screehshot:
    IMAG0271.jpg

Thanks and credits:

• Mustaavalkosta
    • Phil3759
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • Koush for having created and maintaining cwm
    • Cyanogenmod for making all this possible
    • ClockworkMod
    • Dees_Troy from TWRP team for pigz source and many great ideas in their recovery + source for backups compatibility
    • kbc-developers for the base semi-touch code and much more
    • Gokhanmoral@Siyah for his great job / support
    • sk8erwitskil for his recovery source, a great place to start learning
    • shoe63 for his help from the start across many devices
    • dougiebee for his work on fixing time on many Qualcom devices
    • Chainfire for his support (stock recovery flash) and all his work for the Android community
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.
    • A special thank also to the below, and ALL who I do not mention but did contribute a lot with their efforts
    Installed via PD98IMG.zip in bootloader (I'm not ENG S-OFF so I can't just type 'fastboot flash it please').

Inside is "recovery.img" which is renamed "PhilZ_Touch_Recovery_ 6.22.1_ace.img"

Here is it -> http://d-h.st/gUf

MD5SUM :
    Code:
    5ce75782b454a82a33133ae3b1ea48d4 *PD98IMG.zip

Nice look! liked it.

How to use PD98IMG.zip ? Just place it in the root of sdcard, reboot into bootloader and wait for promt. After setup remove the file.
    Very nice !

But i don't know ho to install it... it's an .img file and not .zip

How to install this img file ?

Put the file.img on root of sdcard. Open terminal emulator and type (enter at every line):
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/nameofthefile.img
    reboot recovery

You must be ENG S-OFF to do that.
    Awesome !

#Very GOOD!
    CWM Touch for Ace was a bit old and outdated compared with others recoveries. Now it seems one of the most functional. Looks great, try it soon. Great work! :good:
    Do you think maintaining in the future?