[GUIDE] [step-by-step] ROOT the Yoga 8/10 running KitKat [4.4.2]

Search This thread

Isendorfer

Jul 22, 2014
It won't work

Hey there!

first of all my english is very bad ;)

This method of rooting won't work on my Yoga. My Yoga starts the app from Vroot but then it breaks after Restore. It don't restart and it will not get Root what can i do ?

-XoRoX-

Mar 30, 2011
BEKESONG
Need help.
My Youtube.apk stock rom 442 deleted. Please upload YouTube.apk for yoga 8 B6000 018 140605 ww call.
Thx

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
Hey there!

first of all my english is very bad ;)

This method of rooting won't work on my Yoga. My Yoga starts the app from Vroot but then it breaks after Restore. It don't restart and it will not get Root what can i do ?

If you upgrade to latest KitKat without unroot your Yoga Tablet then Vroot will not work or even with any other root tools.
You will need to flash official stock ROM from Lenovo Russia forum with SP tools.

http://lenovo-forums.ru/forum/216-прошивки-lenovo-yoga-tablet/

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
Need help.
My Youtube.apk stock rom 442 deleted. Please upload YouTube.apk for yoga 8 B6000 018 140605 ww call.
Thx

There is no special apk for Lenovo Yoga, you can just download from Play store or any 3rd party market and install it.

I attached the latest apk for youtube if you can't get it.

Attachments

• com.google.android.youtube-5.7.41.apk
    8 MB · Views: 100

-XoRoX-

Mar 30, 2011
BEKESONG
There is no special apk for Lenovo Yoga, you can just download from Play store or any 3rd party market and install it.

I attached the latest apk for youtube if you can't get it.

Its not about youtube.apk, i cant update ota if that apk doesnt in system.
Update ota need verification youtube stock rom 442. So it must in there, then the update ota will proces.

Thank you for the attansion

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
You can install the YouTube apk and use root tool box or other such apps to move it to system apps.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-H using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: -XoRoX-

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
Yes, but still not verified, cause the version is different.

Understand your problem now, mine is Yoga 8 B6000H with 3G data KitKat 4.4.2 which is different from you but should be same stock youtube apk.

I will need to uninstall the Youtube update before backup to apk file and can only do it when returning home about 10 hours later.

May be someone can help you now as my Yoga 8 is at home.

I do had a update image of your current version "Firmware update B6000_A442_001_018_140605_WW_CALL" and can share with you if you want to flash this update.
You may try this youtube apk found in this update image..

Attachments

• YouTube.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: -XoRoX-

-XoRoX-

Mar 30, 2011
BEKESONG
Understand your problem now, mine is Yoga 8 B6000H with 3G data KitKat 4.4.2 which is different from you but should be same stock youtube apk.

I will need to uninstall the Youtube update before backup to apk file and can only do it when returning home about 10 hours later.

May be someone can help you now as my Yoga 8 is at home.

I do had a update image of your current version "Firmware update B6000_A442_001_018_140605_WW_CALL" and can share with you if you want to flash this update.
You may try this youtube apk found in this update image..

Thank you very much. Now my current version is 442 140703.
The bad news is it can not rooted with vroot. I dont know what is wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-25-06-18-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-25-06-18-42.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
Thank you very much. Now my current version is 442 140703.
The bad news is it can not rooted with vroot. I dont know what is wrong?

You will need to unroot your Yoga 8 before update to latest KitKat version.

It had been reported and including myself facing the same problem with Vroot tool and any other China root tools.

Please flash with stock ROM or your old image ROM if you keep a copy of it.
You can find your stock ROM at Russia Lenovo forums.

http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/6963-...b6000-a442-001-020-140620-ww-3gdata-kk-final/

PS: You need to sign in as a member to download those ROM.

deio

Oct 28, 2009
It doesn't work with this Kinguser app. More of it, it cannot be uninstalled. Grrrr.
There is no way to root B8000 with Kit Kat for now.
If someone knows a way, please share.

LE: Can confirm that this: http://www.shuame.com/m/root.html# works!
It installs another Kinguser app, perhaps newer but it works. After that, you can install SuperSU and remove chinese superuser if you want.

Last edited:

deio

Oct 28, 2009
I tried after factory reset first. It didn't ask for reboot. I did the ShutDown procedure for tablet. A mean turning it off, powered down. Then pressed the power button for start, waited and after complete boot in desktop, tried SuperSU, installed and after that I have cleaned all the chinese apk's.

igloo

Jan 24, 2007
near Munich
I tried after factory reset first. It didn't ask for reboot. I did the ShutDown procedure for tablet. A mean turning it off, powered down. Then pressed the power button for start, waited and after complete boot in desktop, tried SuperSU, installed and after that I have cleaned all the chinese apk's.

I confirm what deio wrote: it works on my Yoga 8 3G as well.
- donwloaded the apk
- started and pressed the root button
- waited until it was done (100%)
- exited the app
- shutdown normally the tablet by presseing the on/off button for two second and then confirmed to shutdown
- started the tablet by pressing the on/off button for a couple of seconds
- installed SuperSU from the play store
- deleted the root app
- disabled the KingUser app (can't delete)
-> the only method I found since 2 day to get KitKat 4.4.2 rooted

Tried Kingo, RootIT, VRoot, everything, only trouble and issues. This one here was done in less than 15 minutes!

deio, deep bow and great thanks!!!

BTW, my build number is 140609 (someone wrote the 609 is not root-able yet)

Not true ;)

sak500

Sep 9, 2011
Dubai
I bought yoga 8 b6000 wifi 8" yesterday. Came home connected to wifi and checked for updates. After 4 updates including 4.4's 2 updates it was finally updated. Started search on how to root came to this thread and copied both kinguser 3.4.0 and root genius_generalmobile apk to the tablet. INstalled KU but not luck on root. Than installed root genius and by experiementing managed to clicked the right button to root. After 100% completed switched off and restarted and lo and behold, some programs started asking for root permission ;)

It's rooted in less than 5 mins.
Thank you guys.

aikhung

Oct 1, 2010
I confirm what deio wrote: it works on my Yoga 8 3G as well.
- donwloaded the apk
- started and pressed the root button
- waited until it was done (100%)
- exited the app
- shutdown normally the tablet by presseing the on/off button for two second and then confirmed to shutdown
- started the tablet by pressing the on/off button for a couple of seconds
- installed SuperSU from the play store
- deleted the root app
- disabled the KingUser app (can't delete)
-> the only method I found since 2 day to get KitKat 4.4.2 rooted

Tried Kingo, RootIT, VRoot, everything, only trouble and issues. This one here was done in less than 15 minutes!

deio, deep bow and great thanks!!!

BTW, my build number is 140609 (someone wrote the 609 is not root-able yet)

Not true ;)

After trying for 3 times and reboot many times, finally manage to root my Yoga 8 with latest KitKat update build number 140703_3GDATA using above method of rooting with "RootGenius_general_mobile" apk.

@ igloo --> You can uninstall any system application include KingUser with system apps uninstall apps which you can download from Google Playstore. I uninstall KingUser with "ROM Toolbox Pro" apps.

Reactions: spoonymoon

igloo

Jan 24, 2007
near Munich
After trying for 3 times and reboot many times, finally manage to root my Yoga 8 with latest KitKat update build number 140703_3GDATA using above method of rooting with "RootGenius_general_mobile" apk.

@ igloo --> You can uninstall any system application include KingUser with system apps uninstall apps which you can download from Google Playstore. I uninstall KingUser with "ROM Toolbox Pro" apps.

Hey aikhung, thanks for the hint. Will try this later today ... Happy to hear others are successful as well with the method described by deio :eek: :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This guide is kinda outdated and I won't promise that it will work on the newer KK versions Lenovo pushed out. Look at the end of the Thread to find some working ways, im gonna update the OP soon.

Hello everyone,

This is a guide about Rooting the Yoga 8/10 running on KitKat.

As you may noticed, Framaroot, Kingoroot, etc. don't work on Yoga tablet with KitKat anymore. So I made this guide.

I know that this method isn't the best, but its a beginning. It may look long, but I really did it step-by-step so everyone should understand.

I'll uses the chinese Vroot application, but you gonna have SuperSu later.

Standard Disclaimer:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or any other issues that may arise from following this Guide !

What you will need:

-A PC running Windows with an Internet connection (XP and above)

-Vroot (Chinese application for rooting)

-Some files (links are beside the respective steps.)

-Yoga 8 or 10 running on Android 4.4 (KitKat)

-About 10-25 minutes time

Step-by-Step tutorial:

1.) First of all, download the newest Version of Vroot. Don't install it.
    ---> http://soft.mgyun.com/files/products/vRoot/1000/2014/1896285952/VRoot_1.7.7.7592_Setup.exe

2.) Connect your Yoga tablet to your PC

3.) Activate USB-Debugging on your Yoga

4.) Activate the virtual CD-Drive and install the drivers from it (If you connect your Tablet to the PC a Menu with various options will came up, there you find it.)

5.) Download this: http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2013/11/How-to-Remove-Replace-VRoot-Chinese-superuser-with-SuperSU.html and put the mrw folder to your Internal Storage of your Yoga.

6.) Install a Terminal Emulator on you Yoga 10, you gonna need it later. (I recommend this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm)

7.) (optional) Disconnect your PC from the Internet. (Why?: -> http://androidnews.co.in/2013/11/08/psa-use-kingo-root-vroot-root-android-device/)

8.) Install Vroot, which you had downloaded before. (Well, the Chinese symbols may confuse you, just click the right button all the time)

9.) Start Vroot. It will now detect your Yoga 10. Wait a bit then press "ROOT"

10.) Your Tablet will reboot 1-3 times, it's normal, dont worry.

11.) Your Yoga is now rooted. But these crappy Chinese root apps are now installed. The next steps will remove them and will install SuperSu instead.

12.) Open up Terminal emulator. Grant superuser permissions to it (right button)

13.) Now type:

Code:
    su

then press enter. Then type:

Code:
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh

(This will deinstall the chinese SuperUser and install SuperSU.)

14.) Reboot your device.

15.) Deinstall all the chinese apps.

16.) Start SuperSU to download the newest binary

17.) Reboot again

18.) Now your Yoga 8/10 Tablet is Rooted ! Congratulations !

Any suggestions or questions are welcome. Please remember that this is one of my first Rooting guides, and my english isn't very good.

:highfive:Remember to press the THANKS button if I helped you, or if you find this guide useful.:good:
    Another easyway to root
    Install this apk from here
    http://www.shuame.com/m/root.html#
    This will install also Kinguser
    After reboot you will gain root !!!
    Then you can install Supeuser and you will gain root through Kinguser / and install updated su binaries.
    Reboot and unistall Kinguser
    xterminater07
    It's Intel))
    I posted here rooted system.img for yoga2 13 inch. Flash it and enjoy.. (today i will do for 830L )
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=613102&view=findpost&p=35452702
    Download Rooted .mg
    1. Install drivers Intel https://yadi.sk/d/BQDlz3kVcHK7p
    2. Install PhoneFlashTool https://yadi.sk/d/6YDc4AnFcHJyB
    3. Activate debugUSB and flash system.img
    Thank you! I like the tablet more when it's rooted;)

You step by step guide is very useful to root Yoga 8/10 tablet with Kitkat.

I use the step No 5 link to replace my Vroot Chinese super user with normal super user application.
    It work for me.

Thnaks.

Always remember to press the THANKS button, guys ! ;)
    Works on my lenovo yoga 10 wifi model only.