Bluetooth connection problem with sony Bluetooth headphone DR-BT50

Search This thread

taha_e

Oct 25, 2010
Bangkok
Hi to all
Before I had nokia n97 and a sony DR-BT50 Bluetooth headphone which could connect to n97 and my laptop so easy.
after I buy samsung galaxy s I tried to connect the headphone but no way. the phone can not discover the bluetooth headphone
Before i was on Eclair and try it but could not, after I update to Froyo I had hope to make it work but the problem persists.
here are the bluetooth headphone specifications:
Bluetooth® Technology : Bluetooth Version 2.0
Diaphragm : PET
Function : A2DP, AVRCP, HFP (1.0), HSP (Ver. 1.1, Vol. 2, Part K:6)
Interface : A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP

I was wondering if this is a hardware matter or could connect phone to Bt headset by applying some update.
Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:

Pyromaniac84

Sep 3, 2010
Himki
Hello! I have dr-bt50 and shw-m110s (korean galaxy). Before froyo i was able to pair devices and translate media to headset. No luck with voice calls though. After froyo pairing is successful too. But when i turn headset off, android forgets about a2dp profile associated with dr-bt50. So i have to unpair device, then pair it again EVERY TIME i want to listen to music or watch a video using headset. This is really sick. :(

taha_e

Oct 25, 2010
Bangkok
Hello! I have dr-bt50 and shw-m110s (korean galaxy). Before froyo i was able to pair devices and translate media to headset. No luck with voice calls though. After froyo pairing is successful too. But when i turn headset off, android forgets about a2dp profile associated with dr-bt50. So i have to unpair device, then pair it again EVERY TIME i want to listen to music or watch a video using headset. This is really sick. :(

what is the difference between korean galaxy and other galaxies? why that one can discover DR-BT50 but mine can not? :confused:

TivAk

Dec 23, 2006
Tilburg
Glitch in de music

Hi i can connect to the DR-BT50 without a problem.
but when i play music the music glitches like the connection isn't fast enough,
or the buffer is to small.

can anyone help??

i'm running:

Galaxy S: GT-I9000
android: 2.2.1
smalband: I9000XXJPY
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: FROYO.XWJS5
rooted: Rage against the Cage
lagfix: oclf 2.0

Thanx

Edit: solved

installed the new xwjs5 rom and problem is fixed

Last edited:

parkosans

Nov 5, 2010
mw600 a2dp devices

i have mw600 sony a2dp bluetooth device and i just buy new samsung galaxy s..

the problem is my galaxy s doesnt even detect my mw600, im not sure about this..

is that samsung galaxy s have a2dp connectivity??

can someone answer this please..

androidcymru

Sep 19, 2010

the problem is my galaxy s doesnt even detect my mw600, im not sure about this..

Samsung Glaxy S still running eclair and no problems connecting to SE MW600. Picks it up everytime. Are you following the instructions clearly?

hiperjp

Jan 10, 2007

I have a MW600 with SGS I9000, I never had any problems (Eclair included).
I'm currently on Froyo 2.2.1 XWJS5. But I have installed all leaked ROMs with no issues too.

I hope to help you.

Last edited:

Hi, MW600 works well on my SGS since Éclair. Are you pairing it correctly?

here are the instructions from the user guide:
Pairing the headset with another device
1)Make sure the headset is turned off.
2)Turn on the Bluetooth function in the other device
3)Place the other device within 20 cm (8 inches) of the headset.
4)Press and hold down the power on the headset for about 5 seconds until the pairing indicator appears on the display.
5)In the other device: Search for and add a new device.
6)If a passcode is required, enter 0000.

To reset your MW600
2)Press and hold down the power until the pairing indication appears.
3)Simultaneously press and hold down power & call until the headset turns off.

val5

Jul 19, 2010
bandung
Xiaomi Mi Max
Xiaomi Mi 10
Hi, MW600 works well on my SGS since Éclair. Are you pairing it correctly?

here are the instructions from the user guide:
Pairing the headset with another device
2)Turn on the Bluetooth function in the other device
3)Place the other device within 20 cm (8 inches) of the headset.
4)Press and hold down the power on the headset for about 5 seconds until the pairing indicator appears on the display.
5)In the other device: Search for and add a new device.
6)If a passcode is required, enter 0000.

To reset your MW600
2)Press and hold down the power until the pairing indication appears.
3)Simultaneously press and hold down power & call until the headset turns off.

Hey, do your mw600 fully functional?, i mean the play/pause button, next/previous song, vol button....
I tried on the store, the only working button is the accept call only, i can hear the songs perfectly...but none of the button function

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Hey, do your mw600 fully functional?, i mean the play/pause button, next/previous song, vol button....
I tried on the store, the only working button is the accept call only, i can hear the songs perfectly...but none of the button function

Yes, all of the buttons and touch sensitive volume works. Did you try to reset the MW600?

MW600 can pair with 3 devices, maybe during the time that you tested it, your SGS was set as the "calling device" coz usually the first one if it is a phone or mp3 player will be set as the "music source".

You can either reset or manually set your SGS as the "music source" by long pressing the play button and selecting your SGS.

Reactions: val5

val5

Jul 19, 2010
bandung
Xiaomi Mi Max
Xiaomi Mi 10
Yes, all of the buttons and touch sensitive volume works. Did you try to reset the MW600?

MW600 can pair with 3 devices, maybe during the time that you tested it, your SGS was set as the "calling device" coz usually the first one if it is a phone or mp3 player will be set as the "music source".

You can either reset or manually set your SGS as the "music source" by long pressing the play button and selecting your SGS.
Thx
Problem solved by uninstalling 3trd party music player, must using the default player...

Oh yeah, is it safe to charge with the galaxy s charger ?

Last edited:
You don't have to reset the MW600 just to pair with another devise, you just need to power off and long press the power, I posted this, 3 posts above.

I tested this with PowerAMP music player and all the controls work.

I've charged mine using SGS charger and USB but I can't say if it's safe, I'm no expert in that.

I Swyped this on my Galaxy S

Reactions: val5

taha_e

Oct 25, 2010
Bangkok
It seems that the headset sony DR-BT50 is working on XWJS5 rom but not working on the others such as JVP/JVQ, anyone knows which files are involved for bluetooth so port them from JS5 to JVQ ?

TivAk

Dec 23, 2006
Tilburg
It seems that the headset sony DR-BT50 is working on XWJS5 rom but not working on the others such as JVP/JVQ, anyone knows which files are involved for bluetooth so port them from JS5 to JVQ ?

Strange it works on the fly with my set...

It must be something els..

Maybe use a different modem I use the jvo modem

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You don't have to reset the MW600 just to pair with another devise, you just need to power off and long press the power, I posted this, 3 posts above.

I tested this with PowerAMP music player and all the controls work.

I've charged mine using SGS charger and USB but I can't say if it's safe, I'm no expert in that.

I Swyped this on my Galaxy S