[Q] PS3 Controller Pairing No root

Search This thread

LeftHandedScot

Mar 25, 2014
SO I read on here in a different section that some one did have some luck pairing a PS3 controller via an OTG cable, but here is where I have a problem, the OTG cable I have is mini to standard, not micro to standard, so the option I have would be sort of reversed. I would plug in the charging cable from my phone, plug the USB end of that into my OTG cable where it would connect to my PS3 controller at the other side.

I didn't see how there could be a problem with this but something doesn't seem right, I haven't been able to get it to pair.

I have tried USB/BT Joycenter and scanned for deviced both bluetooth and USB but nothing shows either.

Is there something I am missing? Do I need to reset the PS3 controller because it may be searching for a PS3? Or is it just not going to work and require root.

For the first time ever I have been hesitant to root a phone as I am quite liking this recent android version and just came back from the horrific windows phone. There are obviously still some connectivity issues in the Moto G so I wanted to wait until they were ironed out and then see how I felt about it.

If some one can enlighten me as to what I can do to fix this, Please explain in full, I don't want to just hear "You can't", If I can't, I want to know why I can't and some other people can.

Thanks, David

PS here's what I mean

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
SO I read on here in a different section that some one did have some luck pairing a PS3 controller via an OTG cable, but here is where I have a problem, the OTG cable I have is mini to standard, not micro to standard, so the option I have would be sort of reversed. I would plug in the charging cable from my phone, plug the USB end of that into my OTG cable where it would connect to my PS3 controller at the other side.

If some one can enlighten me as to what I can do to fix this, Please explain in full, I don't want to just hear "You can't", If I can't, I want to know why I can't and some other people can.

Thanks, David

PS here's what I mean
I used the otg cable
Connected it to the normal USB to mini USB , connected that to the controller and it was recognised, I even played some games

Sent from my MotoG using Tapatalk