Any previous LG G2 users in here?..

Search This thread

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
If so, do you miss it? Can you get used to not having different led notifications? Was it really an upgrade? What about the htc on m8 camera, does it take better pics/lowlight? Battery life, seems htc's battery is smaller? I mean the LG G2 was ok as a daily driver.

Last edited:

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I gave my G2 to my wife and bought the M8 for myself. I figured that if I decided within 2 weeks that I didn't like the M8, I could always get it back close to stock and return it (and get another G2 - or something else - for myself.)

To answer your questions:

No, I don't miss it completely - but I do miss some things: smaller size and "knock off" (M8 has knock on)

I haven't really noticed the difference in LED notifications, but I'm sure that it's something that can be worked around with a firmware and/or kernel mod.

I didn't consider it an upgrade.

For ME, the camera on the phone was only really ever a utility thing. I can still take pictures of stuff for reference (such as serial number labels, etc.)

Battery: The G2 battery is better than the M8 battery. There's no question about it. However, the M8 battery is still quite a bit better than a nexus5 battery.

Of course, that leaves the question of what is better about the M8: Better construction, MUCH louder built in speakers, HTC isn't trying to lock down the bootloader, sdcard (big deal for me and my 50GB of music), ability to easily convert to GPE.

Reactions: SysAdmNj

hack14u

Nov 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
I find myself constantly looking for the back buttons on my M8. I miss the knock features, the HTC Is way too sensitive, I turned it off. Camera, LG G2, blows it away. I used it on my trip to Disney and the pics looked awesome, maybe got lucky? Pure performance, HTC. And the ability to go back and forth between ROM's, RUU's and trick the phone was the main reason I sold the LG G2 and picked up the M8, missed my M7's so much I had to go back. Now, with all that said, I may seriously consider the G3, but I doubt I will sell the M8. Different phones for different occasions.

Reactions: SysAdmNj

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
If so, do you miss it? Can you get used to not having different led notifications? Was it really an upgrade? What about the htc on m8 camera, does it take better pics/lowlight? Battery life, seems htc's battery is smaller? I mean the LG G2 was ok as a daily driver.

I had a G2 and loved it. only gripe was the slow camera shutter response. it takes awesome pictures, the battery life was amazing.
I miss it a little but I LOVE this M8 :)

I have no issues with it and its a SOLID device.
this phone even has the tap on tap off thing lol
go for it.

lostangelintx

Feb 18, 2014
El Campo
I had a G2 and loved it. only gripe was the slow camera shutter response. it takes awesome pictures, the battery life was amazing.
I miss it a little but I LOVE this M8 :)

I have no issues with it and its a SOLID device.
this phone even has the tap on tap off thing lol
go for it.

I miss the ability to block calls. I could block all calls from a certain area code, block all unavailable caller id's, etc. Can't find this functionality on htc one m8.

I had a g2. It was great but the stock os is as ugly as touchwiz so I don't miss that at all. Knock on was cool but using the volume keys to turn the screen on is just as good imo. The g2 had a serious video bug. As in if you were taking video there was a bad waving effect that no one could fix. If the g3s os looks decent and can be rooted I'll go back to LG. If it looks like poo I will stick with the amazing m8. Nothing can touch the speakers which I use a lot when I'm listening to music at work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I gave my G2 to my wife and bought the M8 for myself. I figured that if I decided within 2 weeks that I didn't like the M8, I could always get it back close to stock and return it (and get another G2 - or something else - for myself.)

To answer your questions:

No, I don't miss it completely - but I do miss some things: smaller size and "knock off" (M8 has knock on)

I haven't really noticed the difference in LED notifications, but I'm sure that it's something that can be worked around with a firmware and/or kernel mod.

I didn't consider it an upgrade.

For ME, the camera on the phone was only really ever a utility thing. I can still take pictures of stuff for reference (such as serial number labels, etc.)

Battery: The G2 battery is better than the M8 battery. There's no question about it. However, the M8 battery is still quite a bit better than a nexus5 battery.

Of course, that leaves the question of what is better about the M8: Better construction, MUCH louder built in speakers, HTC isn't trying to lock down the bootloader, sdcard (big deal for me and my 50GB of music), ability to easily convert to GPE.
    I find myself constantly looking for the back buttons on my M8. I miss the knock features, the HTC Is way too sensitive, I turned it off. Camera, LG G2, blows it away. I used it on my trip to Disney and the pics looked awesome, maybe got lucky? Pure performance, HTC. And the ability to go back and forth between ROM's, RUU's and trick the phone was the main reason I sold the LG G2 and picked up the M8, missed my M7's so much I had to go back. Now, with all that said, I may seriously consider the G3, but I doubt I will sell the M8. Different phones for different occasions.