[Q] Screen going in sleeping mode in certain positions

Search This thread

SwedeMaster

Apr 28, 2014
Hi Guys,
Have had this trouble since buying it new. Only 2 months old. Screen suddenly gets black and going in sleeping mode when you put the Tablet flat down. This must be maybe something with some sencor. Like that sencor for the cover when putting down. There is some magnet sencor i Think. Anybody else experience this same trouble? Any solution?
Thank's

Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Last edited:

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Are you using a cover with a magnet/sleep feature? I've tried a few of them, and they all make my tablet sleep when I flip the cover open and flat against the back of the tablet

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SwedeMaster

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Are you using a cover with a magnet/sleep feature? I've tried a few of them, and they all make my tablet sleep when I flip the cover open and flat against the back of the tablet

I have Samsung Book Cover for my NP 12.2 with that magnet/sleep feature. Never noticed that it would turn screen off when it's not closed. Just to be sure I tried and no matter what I did or how hard pushed it towards the back of tablet, screen stayed on.

Cover I am using is Model: EF-BP900BBEGWW
This model ends with *UJ. Don't know whats the difference but at fast look, it looks the same and I can't be happier with it

SwedeMaster

Apr 28, 2014

Yes, i am using the original thin magnet cover made by Samsung. Can it be that really? The frånt of the cover goes on back of the tablet when opened so how can that affect?

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
The magnet's effect goes out in all directions right? If that particular magnet is strong enough, it can cause the magnetometer to react, whether the flap is in front or back.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
There are several threads on this issue. If you put pressure on the edge of the screen with the Samsung cover folded back, the note can go into sleep mode. I almost returned my note pro because it kept going to sleep while using LectureNotes. I changed covers and haven't had an issue since.

SwedeMaster

Apr 28, 2014
There are several threads on this issue. If you put pressure on the edge of the screen with the Samsung cover folded back, the note can go into sleep mode. I almost returned my note pro because it kept going to sleep while using LectureNotes. I changed covers and haven't had an issue since.

That is exactly what happens. Cover on back and it's enough with some small pressusure in some places on the front and the screen goes black. So what cover would you recomend? Because now it's second time i have it back to the shop for fixing and this time i told them that if it continues then i wanna return the Tablet and cash back :)
Thank's for responding about this...

Alpha52

Aug 9, 2012
I'm using the WAWO Smart Fold cover and haven't experienced these issues nor can I replicate them.
It's a $9 case on Amazon as well so shouldn't set you back much.
One thing I can say about the case is that the magnet isn't particularly strong and feels just strong enough to hold shut but it's easily opened when you want to. It may be too weak to trigger the sensor when folded back.

SwedeMaster

Apr 28, 2014
I'm using the WAWO Smart Fold cover and haven't experienced these issues nor can I replicate them.
It's a $9 case on Amazon as well so shouldn't set you back much.
One thing I can say about the case is that the magnet isn't particularly strong and feels just strong enough to hold shut but it's easily opened when you want to. It may be too weak to trigger the sensor when folded back.

Okay thank's for the info. Amazon is out of my reach since i live in Scandinavia but i look around on Ebay :)

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I was having the same issue with the Samsung cover, As soon as I got my mine tempered glass in I just ripped the flap off the case and use it as a hard shell cover.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010

Same situation here.. im not gonna switch cases though so I need to consider what to do

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
I received a couple of reports of device going to sleep while using LectureNotes. It turned out that the problem occurs due to S-pen usage (this is why you observe it with LectureNotes) if Samsung's AirView is enabled; the problem did not occur anymore after disabling this service.

Reactions: nesx87

nesx87

Nov 1, 2010
I received a couple of reports of device going to sleep while using LectureNotes. It turned out that the problem occurs due to S-pen usage (this is why you observe it with LectureNotes) if Samsung's AirView is enabled; the problem did not occur anymore after disabling this service.

oh i see. therefore, what would be a sustainable solution, could be to disable when taking notes in LN.

otherwise i thought it had something to do with the fact that i actually use a second s pen while the first one is docked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The magnet's effect goes out in all directions right? If that particular magnet is strong enough, it can cause the magnetometer to react, whether the flap is in front or back.