Which Clear Case is better?

Search This thread

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
True. But the first is TPU only very very thin (like the spigen but much thinner), the second like the amcase (Hard Plastic with integrated TPU bumper), the third is like the Case-Mate barely there. But the price of all of them together is cheaper than the case mate, for instance. Because I've never used a clear case and didn't want to spend 20 bucks (I am a cheap guy, hehe) not knowing which kind of case I would prefer, I decided to go like this. ;)

Lopan12

Feb 21, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I had to send the spigen clear back.
The cutout for the flash is too close.
Ruins flash pictures.
The entire rim of the case lights up when the flash fires!
I suppose if using the camera flash isn't your thing it would make a great alert with a mod/app that uses the flash as the LED alert, etc.
And yes it feels a bit big.
Also it has a yellowish tinge on the edges.
The black version would be fine but the power button is covered so the IR blaster would be useless...

Someone else in an amazon review mentioned using sharpie around the edge of the cutouts for the lens and flash. Would metallic (silver) sharpie work to counter this maybe? That way at least it wont look like an ugly black outline...
I just ordered one and now I'm worried it'll be yellow like you mentioned...but it even talks about a coating to prevent yellowing...so if it isn't crystal clear, I can probably RMA it...

whmcal

Jul 18, 2008
Someone else in an amazon review mentioned using sharpie around the edge of the cutouts for the lens and flash. Would metallic (silver) sharpie work to counter this maybe? That way at least it wont look like an ugly black outline...
I just ordered one and now I'm worried it'll be yellow like you mentioned...but it even talks about a coating to prevent yellowing...so if it isn't crystal clear, I can probably RMA it...

Sad to say, it will be yellow, particularly under certain light. On a positive note, the IR blaster works for me when case is on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lopan12

Feb 21, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Sad to say, it will be yellow, particularly under certain light. On a positive note, the IR blaster works for me when case is on.

Hmmm...maybe I'll try it out for a few days...until the Spigen hybrid is out...
While I'm usually careful with my phones...yeah...there's that whole "new phone paranoia" thing...

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Still deciding between the Poetic Atmosphere case and Supcase Unicorn Beetle

Anyone have both?

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country

While any opaque (blocking) color may indeed help with the "LISA effect", i.e. rim of case illuminating with flash, only the darkest mask (i.e. photographic flat black) will cure the flaring seen in pictures taken using flash. The cutout is also very close to the edge of the LED. This case essentially makes the flash useless.

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Spigen seems to make great looking cases with serious design flaws, in my opinion. My Spigen Slim Armor View for the Galaxy S4 had a design problem as well: they forgot to leave a little hole for the notification led, a great feature. I had to make one myself but it looked bad, of course.
Anyone who tried the Case-Mate Tough Naked or the Case-Mate Barely There can give is his opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_c81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the spigen case its very nice and clear. But is kinda bulky.

I really like this Cimo case I got off eBay, but i wish it was clear and not frosted.
    eBay

I dont like plastic cases, always think it will scratch my phones.
    Just fyi, there's already an active thread entitled: M8 clear cases to showcase.

I had to send the spigen clear back.
    The cutout for the flash is too close.
    Ruins flash pictures.
    The entire rim of the case lights up when the flash fires!
    I suppose if using the camera flash isn't your thing it would make a great alert with a mod/app that uses the flash as the LED alert, etc.
    And yes it feels a bit big.
    Also it has a yellowish tinge on the edges.
    The black version would be fine but the power button is covered so the IR blaster would be useless...
    I had the Spigen ultra fit capsule and returned it. Mine had a yellow coloring around the edges that I couldn't get over. Some people who have it say that the coloring is due to the lighting in the room you're in....i had it regardless of where I was. Great looking case, fit well, but the yellow killed it for me.

I currently have the Supcase premium hybrid case, which is similar to the exact prism in appearance. It looks great, shows off the phone very well. My only complaint is that it is somewhat slippery.

Im now waiting on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. http://www.spigen.com/brands/htc/htc-one-m8/htc-one-m8-case-ultra-hybrid.html

It wasn't supposed to ship until the end of the month, but I received notification that its supposed to be delivered today. I'm hoping this case doesn't have the yellow coloring like the Ultra fit capsule...ill let you know.