HTC MAGIC original ROM running on TIM, unbranded A6161, Rogers, ... by daldroid

Search This thread

pierpa4

Jun 9, 2009
i explain better my message.

i can root and install the rom posted in first message of this thread, but i need a multilanguage rom (dutch)

how can i install one of that multilanguage roms for G2? if i try to put them as UPDATE.ZIP, the boot process stops at the TIM logo. the only ROM i can use is yours.

i just need it with dutch language

regards,

ppp

Izpinne

Oct 31, 2008
Thanks for the new image and ROM daldroid, it worked for many of us
at the Swedish android community - Swedroid, with the Scandinavian magics.

However, everyone have had problems running "Wifi Tether",
the app just gives the error message "You don´t have root" and "Unable to start tethering".

Any suggestions?

daldroid

May 28, 2009
i explain better my message.

i can root and install the rom posted in first message of this thread, but i need a multilanguage rom (dutch)

how can i install one of that multilanguage roms for G2? if i try to put them as UPDATE.ZIP, the boot process stops at the TIM logo. the only ROM i can use is yours.

i just need it with dutch language

regards,

ppp

THis ROM is multilanguage.
HTC SETUP wizard set it up according to your initial preferences (You have to wipe from the recovery menu before installing the rom).
On the very first screens you had the opportunity to choose a language. You have to choose your language at this point of the setup. Choose dutch (I didn't verify, but it should be there, 'cause I changed now to dutch language by clearing some settings but the preferred and clean method is from the initial setup. It works and you have word suggestions and T9 too).
After the initial setup, the language list is locked to english.

In the next version maybe I'll investigate how not to have the setup wizard lock the language.
Is posible to unlock it clearing data in menu->settings->applications-> by selecting a specific applications and issuing a clear data. I'm sorry I cleared two or three of them, the language menu is unlocked but I don't know which is exactly, so I suggest to wipe your data (fastboot with the recovery if you don't know a faster way) and verify if dutch language is available from the initial setup.

Bye
daldroid

daldroid

May 28, 2009
Available languages with this ROM.
I have not verified if all of them are working correctly, only tried some of them as they appear on the settings language menu
Sorry, right now I've not time to re-flash the ROM to test the procedure to unlock them. If anyone knows, please help the community.
Don't want to suggest you to clear data for applications at random, at the moment I suggest you to reset to factory default (wipe) and select your language in the initial setup.
I've not verified if all the following languages are available from the initial setup wizard.

Arabic
Czech
German
English (Australia)
English (United States)
English (South Africa)
Spanish
Finnish
French
Hungarian
Italian
Hebrew
Norwegian Bokmal
Dutch
Polish
Russian
Thai
Turkish
Chinese (China)
Chinese (Taiwan)

daldroid

May 28, 2009
Thanks for the new image and ROM daldroid, it worked for many of us
at the Swedish android community - Swedroid, with the Scandinavian magics.

However, everyone have had problems running "Wifi Tether",
the app just gives the error message "You don´t have root" and "Unable to start tethering".

Any suggestions?

REgarding root access, I only onocked the capability to get root from terminal. Software you are talking about needs some mods. See post #37 in this thread and my answer (#39). Give a try to the procedure by amigo.
I'll give a check when I'll have more free-time.
Let me know if it works for you.

Regarding tethering: I already told I suppose this kernel doesn't include iptables. Without iptables, tethering works only partially.
I'll investigate on the topic: it's on my list, but it's a looong list ;-)

Bye
daldroid

daldroid

May 28, 2009
tried several times but no root.
my Fastboot screen says
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO0-3.22.20.17

No "Root" or No "Boot"?
We all would like to help, but please give us some more info.

What have you done?
Which errors did you get?

Let me know, I'll check for your reply at night.

Bye
daldroid

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
with roger's boot.img, the rom boots (in english) also on vodafone magic ^^

nabilou

Dec 26, 2008
hey there daldroid, wiped twice/ tried factory reset allways had only english language at the very beginning.... anyway to get that list you just posted ....

thanks a lot for your efforts dude !

daldroid

May 28, 2009
with roger's boot.img, the rom boots (in english) also on vodafone magic ^^

Hi nk02, ppl is asking for a vodafone version of this rom.
I had not time to repack it and as I don't have a vodafone wouldn't be able to try it myself.
Please, if you find some time, can you repack a rom and make it available?

I was thinking rebuild an update.zip for a vodafone user to try, but I'll not be able to try it until night. And as you can test it on your device, ... let's help them ;-)

Thanks
daldroid

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008
Hi nk02, ppl is asking for a vodafone version of this rom.
I had not time to repack it and as I don't have a vodafone wouldn't be able to try it myself.
Please, if you find some time, can you repack a rom and make it available?

I was thinking rebuild an update.zip for a vodafone user to try, but I'll not be able to try it until night. And as you can test it on your device, ... let's help them ;-)

Thanks
daldroid

nk02, how can we use your rom into our vodafones ??

Simply putting rogers boot.img inside update.zip?

daldroid

May 28, 2009
nk02, how can we use your rom into our vodafones ??

Simply putting rogers boot.img inside update.zip?

No, it will fail signature verification during update. That's the reason I asked nk02 if he has time to do rebuild the rom for you.
I'm not able to do it right now, but as nko2 has verified the rom runs ok with a boot.img working for vodafone, if any one of you knows how, it's simply a matter of resigning with test-keys the update.zip after having replaced my boot.img.

I always suggest first trials being done by an experienced user.
Please, don't brick your phone ;-)

Bye
daldroid

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008
No, it will fail signature verification during update. That's the reason I asked nk02 if he has time to do rebuild the rom for you.
I'm not able to do it right now, but as nko2 has verified the rom runs ok with a boot.img working for vodafone, if any one of you knows how, it's simply a matter of resigning with test-keys the update.zip after having replaced my boot.img.

I always suggest first trials being done by an experienced user.
Please, don't brick your phone ;-)

Bye
daldroid

Thank you for the advise! Will wait until nk02 can firm the zip with that file changed.

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
i'm uploading vodafone magic porting, with language fix, wifi working and automatic apn :)