kulam5421

Sep 3, 2012
Xiaomi 12T Pro
read an article from Neowin.net:

How nice of HTC to give their S windows version the following specs:

HTC 8S

4.3" HD Super LCD 2 display
8MP cam
1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960)
8GB or 16GB + microSD
1GB RAM
NFC
42Mbps HSPA+

Not feeling the love from HTC in regards to our One S!

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Your phone is always obsolete the day you buy it. I'm 100% happy with my One S.

acerulz

Jul 3, 2011
Bangalore
well even me m happy ...agree to smurf ..very proud to f*** SGS3 in most benchmarks and got beaten in a few which i dont consider to be much !! :p !! ONE S the best and the beast ....

Reactions: lykos

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
read an article from Neowin.net:

How nice of HTC to give their S windows version the following specs:

HTC 8S

4.3" HD Super LCD 2 display Same size as One S but different display type. Some people actually prefer AMOLED screens. It's personal opinion whether that's better or not.
8MP cam One S has
1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) One S has
8GB or 16GB + microSD
1GB RAM One S has
NFC
42Mbps HSPA+ One S has

Not feeling the love from HTC in regards to our One S!
Basically your only legitimate complaints are lack of NFC support and no sd card. Not too bad considering the HTC Windows 8 phone is many months newer.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Basically your only legitimate complaints are lack of NFC support and no sd card. Not too bad considering the HTC Windows 8 phone is many months newer.

They also don't mention the dimensions. I may be in the minority, but I find the amount of storage fine and probably wouldn't trade a millimeter or two for an SD card.

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
I don't know how people can say LCD is better than SAMOLED or any AMOLED. LCD is older technology that looks washed out and sucks more energy.

The only thing this phone has on our is an SD card slot. But we still have the leg up since we're running Android. I have always hated Windows phone or mobile, what ever they call it now.

glaudrem

Nov 25, 2011
Valencia
I don't know how people can say LCD is better than SAMOLED or any AMOLED. LCD is older technology that looks washed out and sucks more energy.

The only thing this phone has on our is an SD card slot. But we still have the leg up since we're running Android. I have always hated Windows phone or mobile, what ever they call it now.

The only thing I really miss is the HD display. AMOLED shows better and more realistic colours but a bit more of pixels per point would have been very nice (like Xperia S)

kulam5421

Sep 3, 2012
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Well, All of you got a point. its been a while since HTC released out phones, so evolution of other lines is expected. the HTC One S is my first Android phone (been holding to Symbian ever since, don't ask) , and boy how i was overwhelmed by its capabilities. still very happy with my decision (did not think twice getting this over the Samsung GS3).

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City

Its subjective but have you gave One X's ips screen a go or LG's ips screen? Those put out far more accurate colors than amoleds do

femdek

Apr 20, 2008
I would like to know if the HTC 8S has the function of sharing internet connection via WiFi (Wifi Hotspot / Wi-Fi tethering) like HTC 8X

sebr

Mar 26, 2011
I wonder why nobody here already mentioned the extreme lack of internal memory: after the first startup of the phone only less than 1.3 GB of the 4 GB are left! Considering that Apps (+ their cache), Browsercache, Emails (+ attachments), Maps etc. cannot be moved to external SD card makes this device pretty much useless.

Last edited:

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
Useless is a strong word. But it is a real pain and a big mistake by HTC unless the ability to put more stuff on your SD card is coming. The Lumia 620 would appear to be an obvious choice despite its pathetic battery.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

sebr

Mar 26, 2011
This is not a bug or missing feature by HTC but M$ doesn't allow any user data or apps to be stored on external memory - for security reasons.
So no hope that the internal memory can be extended.

big

Sep 29, 2005
HaNoi
www.xedapxanh.vn
I am using 1 the 8s 4gb, at startup, just over 1Gb of free space and after installing some games and app (only the most PvZ big game), reported only 300MB memory???
Can FW WP8 capacity of nearly 3Gb?

wp_ss_20121219_0001.jpg

Ardanven

Nov 29, 2010
Ostrava
I am using 1 the 8s 4gb, at startup, just over 1Gb of free space and after installing some games and app (only the most PvZ big game), reported only 300MB memory???
Can FW WP8 capacity of nearly 3Gb?

wp_ss_20121219_0001.jpg

games are usualy the biggest. I am using mine HTC 8S without any games and after instaling apps for my needs i am still having about 1GB of free space

chch

Jan 27, 2007
I wonder why nobody here already mentioned the extreme lack of internal memory: after the first startup of the phone only less than 1.3 GB of the 4 GB are left! Considering that Apps (+ their cache), Browsercache, Emails (+ attachments), Maps etc. cannot be moved to external SD card makes this device pretty much useless.
I own an 8S and yes RAM is an issue.
Also when you read the phone help (on the phone) there is blurb by HTC about how many apps and phone tips do not work on WP8 devices with less than 1gb RAM.
try to find that on their web site.

IzaacJ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
I can understand MS way of not allowing apps on the SDcard, but they should allow the apps Isostore to be put on the SDcard. That would make more sense.
They could even make it possible to have a part of the SDcard to be a part of the internal memory, like on WP7.

Regards
Izaac

amnightowl24

Apr 5, 2009
Lack of Storage Windows 8s

good evening guys, just wondered if anyone has any tricks to enable apps to be installed on the SD card of a windows 8s phone, instead of filling up the internal storage?

Nice phone, but when you enjoy xbox gaming on your phone, the storage is all but useless.

I'm going to be sending the phone back tomorrow, so before I do, if anyone can make any suggestions, would be appreciated.

Currently using my HD2 phone with Windows 7.5 ROM from this site, being able to use the SD Card to install apps is priceless.

thanks guys, great work as always, wish I could do what you guys do,

Anthony

Top Liked Posts