Swype trial over?

Search This thread

beehiveblack

Dec 3, 2010
Just got a popup saying something along those lines... Now I cant swype, only tap... What do i do to fix that?

TIA

beehiveblack

Dec 3, 2010
From their website

If your phone came pre-installed with Swype DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)

Unless I'm missing something

RoboJoe

Jul 1, 2010
I've never heard of the pre installed Swype expiring. Is that normal?

Swyped from my Droid Bionic, unless I was in landscape, in which case I Swiftkeyed the hell out of it.

beehiveblack

Dec 3, 2010
Might have something to do with the ROM I was running... Not sure... What I did to fix it was... In root explorer I searched for all instances of swype and deleted them. Then rebooted. After reboot I went to swype.com and DLd the installer... And it worked fine after beta install... And then I changed roms... Lolz. The new ROM I am running us having zero swype issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

daviddub

Sep 28, 2011
Dayton OH
Swype has some funny ways... The same thing happened to me but I did as suggested by others. Just uninstall and download a new copy. My phone came with Swype loaded as a system app as well; you will have to wipe, log in and reload to reach Nirvana. This whole process is my only issue with Swype. You always have a clean install instead of an update so you have to "teach" it all over again.