eMMC replaced but phone still not working

Search This thread

MrFadi

May 30, 2013
Hello guys,

I had the SDS problem on my N7100 and i replaced the eMMC, checked the NAND drive and it's sane so every thing should worked fine.

After i replaced the eMMC i still have the lag issue problem after phone lock it take very long to unlock and so many times it needs a reboot, i also faced a new problem which is not registered on network, tried so many solutions flashing fixes and new modem drivers but nothing helped so far, installed official 4.4.2 France ROM and still the same problem.
I tried to install custom ROMs and installed DrKetan 4.4.2 ROM and still have the same issue, i installed the modem file he attached in his ROM topic and still got the problem, removed every thing and installed 4.1.2 ROM using Odin and still got the problems which is lag and not registered on network.

I am out of solutions guys i digged the hell out of XDA and others forums but nothing seems to help me.

Now my Note 2 costed me a zillion and i can't simply through it away, i need to fix it so guys any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
Maybe you should try searching on the jtag forum. Don't remember the name though. Google it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MrFadi

bahtsiz_bedevi

Dec 12, 2011
Hello guys,

I had the SDS problem on my N7100 and i replaced the eMMC, checked the NAND drive and it's sane so every thing should worked fine.

After i replaced the eMMC i still have the lag issue problem after phone lock it take very long to unlock and so many times it needs a reboot, i also faced a new problem which is not registered on network, tried so many solutions flashing fixes and new modem drivers but nothing helped so far, installed official 4.4.2 France ROM and still the same problem.
I tried to install custom ROMs and installed DrKetan 4.4.2 ROM and still have the same issue, i installed the modem file he attached in his ROM topic and still got the problem, removed every thing and installed 4.1.2 ROM using Odin and still got the problems which is lag and not registered on network.

I am out of solutions guys i digged the hell out of XDA and others forums but nothing seems to help me.

Now my Note 2 costed me a zillion and i can't simply through it away, i need to fix it so guys any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Who did replace your eMMC, you or someone else? And how?
You need your old EFS partition to fix your modem/IMEI problem.

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
Clearly looks like he replaced it, unless it's what he write. Which is confusing because he would need at least jtag to put it back up working. And if the same problem is before and after the change ,I think it's something else hardware related.

Did you tried connect your phone to KIES and rescue firmware feature.
But I guess the IMEI null would be a problem.

Last edited:

bahtsiz_bedevi

Dec 12, 2011
Clearly looks like he replaced it. Which is confusing because he would need at least jtag to put it back up working. And if the same problem is before and after the change ,I think it's something else hardware related.

According to his post, it seems so, but I don't think a person who has such a skill (eMMC replacement) would ask these questions. Probably he did something else thinking it's the eMMC replacement :)

He needs the old EFS partition.

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
I guess you're right. Or maybe he means he changed it by giving it to some repair centre, not exactly samsung one. So EFS is needed, the guy who did change the emmc should know about this..

Try to download phone testing app from play store and test your phone for posible hardware malfunction.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

MrFadi

May 30, 2013
thanks all for the reply,

as many said i didn't changed the eMMC by my self, i sent it to repair center and it wasn't samsung because Samsung said i have to pay 300$ for the whole board replacing.

I am sure that i changed the eMMC because i bought it online under the name of "GT N7100 NAND Drive"

Regarding the EFS the repair center toke no backup at all, am not sure what i should do now and any help regarding the tjag please?

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
I'm not sure if it will work. But you can try to find a EFS backup.
If I recall correctly the jtag software has it. But buying a box is not an option.

So first get some app from Google store to test your hardware. Test everything you can to see what it says.

Did you tried KIES to restore your phone?

I found an efs backup from the jtag forum but I dont know where this backup comes from.
Im not sure that it will help you on your problem.... so thats why i will not post it yet here.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

bahtsiz_bedevi

Dec 12, 2011
As @note2nooby if you don't have your old EFS backup, you can get one from another device.
But you have get your old IMEI number written back. That's the difficult part because, firstly it's illegal (at least in some countries), secondly not many people can do that.

If you are still in contact with your repair center, tell them that you need the dump of /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from the eMMC chip they desoldered.
If they don't have any idea what you're talking about, ask them if they can dump whole data on that eMMC

Last edited:
Reactions: note2nooby

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess you're right. Or maybe he means he changed it by giving it to some repair centre, not exactly samsung one. So EFS is needed, the guy who did change the emmc should know about this..

Try to download phone testing app from play store and test your phone for posible hardware malfunction.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
    Maybe you should try searching on the jtag forum. Don't remember the name though. Google it.

Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Who did replace your eMMC, you or someone else? And how?
    You need your old EFS partition to fix your modem/IMEI problem.
    Clearly looks like he replaced it, unless it's what he write. Which is confusing because he would need at least jtag to put it back up working. And if the same problem is before and after the change ,I think it's something else hardware related.

Did you tried connect your phone to KIES and rescue firmware feature.
    But I guess the IMEI null would be a problem.

Clearly looks like he replaced it. Which is confusing because he would need at least jtag to put it back up working. And if the same problem is before and after the change ,I think it's something else hardware related.

According to his post, it seems so, but I don't think a person who has such a skill (eMMC replacement) would ask these questions. Probably he did something else thinking it's the eMMC replacement :)

He needs the old EFS partition.