[ROM] Epicmtd CM7 SELFKANG - 2.3.7 [Overlay fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

handisnacks

Jan 2, 2011
Re-downloading now, since it's working again

I also was not on an EXT4 rom prior. Why the heck doesn't this convert to EXT4 anyways? That's pretty dumb.

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Re-downloading now, since it's working again

I also was not on an EXT4 rom prior. Why the heck doesn't this convert to EXT4 anyways? That's pretty dumb.

Because people can easily corrupt their filesystems if they don't know what they're doing while on EXT4. It's not as standard as you'd think because of it's hit and miss nature. You trade off for speed but you can also lose your data if you're not careful.

I've checked my MD5 tags and they match the ones contained within this thread but it's hanging at the Samsung Logo.

handisnacks

Jan 2, 2011
Because people can easily corrupt their filesystems if they don't know what they're doing while on EXT4. It's not as standard as you'd think because of it's hit and miss nature. You trade off for speed but you can also lose your data if you're not careful.

I've checked my MD5 tags and they match the ones contained within this thread but it's hanging at the Samsung Logo.
I'm pretty sure Samsung's phones have hardware (not software) protection from wear leveling and other issues that arise from using alternative file systems. But that's besides the point. Were you on EXT4 prior to installing?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

I'm converting to ext4, wiping, and reflashing. I'll post an update when it's done.
Please post the EXT4 conversion zip if you can, I cannot get it from ACS because their forums are down.

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
I'm pretty sure Samsung's phones have hardware (not software) protection from wear leveling and other issues that arise from using alternative file systems. But that's besides the point. Were you on EXT4 prior to installing?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Please post the EXT4 conversion zip if you can, I cannot get it from ACS because their forums are down.

Yeah, no. Our phones were built upon RFS not EXT4. If you're not journaled while on EXT4 you can suffer data corruption of your current Rom. That's been proven already. Checks or no checks issue arise.

And yes, I was on EXT4. I converted back to RFS and attempted to flash again. Same outcome.

ThrIsNoSpork

Jun 28, 2010
Im on CWM 3.1.0.1 (Purple)

EXT 4, wiped data and caches both before and after installing and still no go.

newbieandroid

Mar 25, 2011
I'm also using 3.1.0.1 no go :(

Edit: Should I flash to stock EH17 and flash this? I'm currently trying to flash from EC05 roms

Last edited:

yellowxboy

Mar 18, 2007
hey Deca

i did a restore to the beta1 i had saved, then applied this update and CM7 loads up just fine for me. i'm using 3.1.0.1 purple :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for use.

THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

Source is @ http://github.com/EpicCM

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    WATCH THIS VIDEO ON MTD:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Epic (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Download Links
    Mirror Links 1 (Rodderik)
    Mirror Links 1 (Uberpinguin)
    MD5's are now included as files in the upload.

GAPPS
    Download google applications

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
    Outbound calls initiated from a bluetooth handsfree kit do not wake the phone
    Charging notification LED does not light until full charge is reached
    WiFi is unstable
    Overlay for Video Recording
    Video playback for certain encoders
    Wimax

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is nearing a somewhat completion.

New Changes
    - Fixed bad cached download mounts (noobnl)
    - Fixed overlay for video encoding/decoding (decad3nce & noobnl)

Changes:
    - Fixed e911(mkasick)
    - Fixed most of the dhcpd clusterfuck(a couple more issues left)
    - Fixed init.d
    - Fixed cache errors
    - Fixed issues with logwrapper
    - MTD/yaffs2
    - Wifi is still screwy
    - Stage1/Stage2 inits
    - Updates from upstream
    - Backup/Restore fixed
    - Updated prebuilt modules
    - Compiled kernel from source MAJOR THANKS to mkasick and Rodderik
    - Fixed torch overlay
    - Fixed MMS overlay
    - Fixed incoming call routing
    - Fixed mic feedback/whistling
    - Adjusted APN for MMS - receiving works, sending fixed
    - Fixed application notification LED based on a tip from DRockstar
    - Fixed haptic feedback with a patch from jt1134
    - Synced with CM sources as of 10/21

I recommend using the EI22 modem.
    Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom is a result of many tiring hours from myself, jt1134, Uberpinguin, nubecoder, mkasick, nullghost, dameon78, wispofattes, DRockstar, and many many other contributors.
    I fixed the remaining bugs in the device_samsung_EpicMTD branch. MTD builds are coming soon and I expect it to be here within this week
    New update in OP.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Please check OP for changes.

Note that this isn't MTD yet as we're still figuring out some oob reads failing.

:)
    Sure nazi troll. How bout telling us wat to wear this morning.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Can you stop it. You have been warned.