[Update-Only] nfx-update-kindle-6.3.1 - 05/04/2012

Search This thread

jb0ne

Dec 7, 2011
battery life

I ended up having to go back to 6.3 and the problem went away. I don't think it was an app as the apps are the same now as they were then.

However, as Google Play randomly loves to do, it updated the Kindle App and that screws up the builtin reader in terms of registering of local books on the device; had to do the remove update, de-register and re-register thing (done this multiple times) but this time when I enter my Amazon credentials and hit "Register" nothing happens.

So I'm going to try and update to this again and see what happens..

Hey i need some help. I've been updating use these differentials since way back, around 6.2. Since this one, to 6.3.1, I'm having trouble with battery life. I got a battery life monitor and it seems that my kindle is being held awake. But no application time corresponds, app usage will be super low in that time. I've taken to turning off wifi which helps a bit but I'm still bleeding allot of amps.

i imagine it's time to use a full pre rooted 6.3.1, that clutter may be collecting from updating this way for so long. But will i need to reinstall Skype, Google market, Google contacts sync adapter, and google calendar sync adapter?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update-Only] nfx-update-kindle-6.3.1 - 05/04/2012

UPDATE ONLY from 6.3 to 6.3.1

Just for clarification this is not a complete rom this is only an Update

AND THIS IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE 6.3, not CM

Ok I have packaged up the 6.3.1 update with only the files changed or modified removed and added from 6.3
    Included in this is:
    unsecure boot image
    busybox
    su binary
    and su apk

This is for anyone with root and Custom Recovery (Like TWRP) already installed and still on 6.3
    this will not format system it will just update the need files.
    So all current apps will remain and all data will be intact.

Install and wipe dalvik and cache, then reboot

Download Update 6.3.1

Files updated, added or removed

Posting this tomorrow after i BUILD THE LIST
    I was waiting for something like this. Worked like a charm on modaco. Thanks so much.
    Will this update work on dual-boot w/ stock rooted 6.3 as secondary install?

You can find a version of this update modified for the secondary partitions at:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640271

Hope this helps... plee3