[Q] [CM 10.1/Trebuchet] Accidentally Deleted App Drawer Icon

Search This thread

nobody20000

Aug 8, 2012
So I made this boneheaded mistake somehow, and I don't know how to get it back.

Long pressing the desktop only gets me wallpaper options.

Any ideas?

droidx2.3.3

Jul 11, 2011
Try hitting the menu button and see if launcher settins is one of tbe options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
It should be a widget or shortcut of sort. That's how it is on custom launchers anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

nobody20000

Aug 8, 2012
But since I have no app drawer shortcut, I can't get to my app drawer where the widgets and shortcuts are kept.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Usually you can double tap or long press an empty space on the homescreen to bring up settings

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
If you still have play store add another launcher. You could also go to apps in setting, if that is on one of your home screens and force close the launcher. I should restart with the app drawer icon.

Bill

Reactions: blankman

atyusha

Jan 7, 2013
I solved it on mine

I've got same problem yesterday, after multiple automatic updates from the google play - app drawer icon and all custom icons disappeared from the dock. I replaced custom icons, but wasn't able to get app drawer icon back and could access the drawer.
there is no launcher settings in the menu, nor in the desktop options, and even in the launcher options in the system settings there is no option to bring back the app drawer icon. force-stopping launcher, restarting phone, cleaning cash and even dalvik cash doesn't help either.
the only way to bring it back that worked, was clearing all data for trebuchet :

• menu button > manage apps > trebuchet > clear data

however (!) when you do so, everything you have on your screens will disappear, and you will have to customize your screens again and recreate all shortcuts, widgets and folders.

I wonder why it happened and if there is way to fix it without loosing your customization.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I didn't run titanium backup after latest ROM flash, thus I didn't have a backup for trebuchet, but if you have it, try to restore data for trebuchet. I'm sure it would be easiest solution

nobody20000

Aug 8, 2012
I've got same problem yesterday, after multiple automatic updates from the google play - app drawer icon and all custom icons disappeared from the dock. I replaced custom icons, but wasn't able to get app drawer icon back and could access the drawer.
there is no launcher settings in the menu, nor in the desktop options, and even in the launcher options in the system settings there is no option to bring back the app drawer icon. force-stopping launcher, restarting phone, cleaning cash and even dalvik cash doesn't help either.
the only way to bring it back that worked, was clearing all data for trebuchet :

however (!) when you do so, everything you have on your screens will disappear, and you will have to customize your screens again and recreate all shortcuts, widgets and folders.

I wonder why it happened and if there is way to fix it without loosing your customization.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I didn't run titanium backup after latest ROM flash, thus I didn't have a backup for trebuchet, but if you have it, try to restore data for trebuchet. I'm sure it would be easiest solution

Thank you for the answer, and the heads-up. This worked perfectly! Thank you for saving me from a massive headache!

MickHole

Feb 20, 2013

Had the same problem and this method worked for me. Thanks for the tip!

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
For future reference, you just hold down on an empty space, hit launcher actions, then tap app drawer and it will generate the shortcut then you just drop it onto your dock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dsp4774

May 9, 2009
Kansas City
gamingforgrownups.com
For future reference, you just hold down on an empty space, hit launcher actions, then tap app drawer and it will generate the shortcut then you just drop it onto your dock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's not how Trebuchet works. When you long press on empty space, you only get Wallpaper options. This is something that technically qualifies as a bug and should be reported so that it can be resolved more easily than clearing settings for Trebuchet.

Nafoni

Feb 24, 2013

I just made this account to say THANK YOU for making me solve this problem! The solutions are always so simple, but sometimes even us tech-savvys just never get there, until we find an easy 10-second solution we have spent hours googling for. Thanks! :)

tjsantos

Jun 15, 2008
This seems to be a problem with cm 10.1 as I've had it on a few devices now. I believe clearing the cache in recovery helps

atyusha

Jan 7, 2013
you're welcome everyone :)
I'm glad my solution actually helped somebody. It was def. worth creating an account just to post this solution :)

btw, if anyone tried restoring trebuchet data from backup - let us know how it went.

Hmuhamadiyev

May 7, 2013
I just made this account to say THANK YOU for making me solve this problem! The solutions are always so simple, but sometimes even us tech-savvys just never get there, until we find an easy 10-second solution we have spent hours googling for. Thanks! :)

I had my app drawer disappear from home screen, my daughter always does incredible this gs with my gadgets :) anyway, I solved the issue going g settings ––> launcher ––> homescreen ––> unchecked fullscreen mode. Btw I am using Cm 10.1

jurrabi

Aug 12, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
Deleting app data is not a solution. It's a workaround.

After searching for a long time I consider this to be a big ups in the Trebuchet design.

I use 3 panels in the quick launch for apps (botton) and I can't create duplicated app drawer buttons for the alternative panels... Not nice.

powerpenguin

Feb 12, 2011
Germany / Netherlands / China
Deleting app data is not a solution. It's a workaround.

After searching for a long time I consider this to be a big ups in the Trebuchet design.

I use 3 panels in the quick launch for apps (botton) and I can't create duplicated app drawer buttons for the alternative panels... Not nice.

+1
It should be possible to have duplicate app drawer icons/buttons

theroar

Dec 31, 2011
Holland
multiple app drawers

I have spent two days trying to find a solution for those who want a second app drawer... I really miss the simple options of long pressing and choosing launcher options....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I solved it on mine

If you still have play store add another launcher. You could also go to apps in setting, if that is on one of your home screens and force close the launcher. I should restart with the app drawer icon.

Bill