[IOS] keep pebble apps in memory

Search This thread

djrakun

Jan 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 4S running ios7. I find that my watch faces and apps work fine as long as I make a habit of re-opening the pebble app and the companion apps often, but this defeats the purpose of the pebble. I'm trying to limit the number of times I have to take my phone out of my pocket. I need a good way to stop ios' oom manager from killing these apps. I tried background manager but it didn't seem to be helping any. Has anyone had better experience with this app or some alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mosamjc

Nov 7, 2007
I've encountered the same thing on my 4s. I've been testing background manager as well and it seems to improve the behavior of a few faces and apps, but it's not consistent across the board. I'd be curious if anyone comes up with a complete solution or if it's something they'll properly address in future updates.

matthews1977

Mar 20, 2014
Jailbroken? There is a Cydia tweak I use that settled this for me. It's called background manager.

Non JB iOS the best I was able to do was Settings -> General -> Backgroud app refresh -> turn stuff on.

If that helps anyone, hit the Thanks-o-meter thingy, I need to build some street cred to unlock the full forum. LOL.

Good luck!

EDIT: I just noticed in the OP's case that it's a multi-app issue, and tried BM. Currently iOS only allows 1 app at a time to interact with Pebble app. This may be your issue. If you leave more than one companion app running and for example load the watch face for one, then try and go back to the other; you'll find you have to reload that companion app. This irks me as well, but I now a days only use 1 companion app regularly any way. I am unsure of any work around for this on the horizon.

Last edited: