No OS TWRP problem.

Search This thread

Omnitrixer7

Jul 20, 2014
Hello guys, it's me again.
This time i wanted to try out flashing boot.img's. Something went horribly wrong, and whenever i try to reboot my device, it ends up in recovery mode (TWRP for Rockchip's).
Also, when i do click reboot, it says "No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?". I swipe, then it shows something about installing SU.
But when it does, it just shows my manufacturer (meanIT)'s logo and goes directly into recovery.
I have just two questions:
  1. Is it repairable?
  2. Is my OS really deleted or is it just softbricked or something?

I'm starting to feel desperate, cause i'm not a pro at flashing, i could be called semi-noob. :(

Additional info:
Device: meanIT M754 Promise 7", Rockchip 3026.
Bootloader access: No.
Bootloader unlocked: No.
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0 modified for Rockchip's.
Recovery access: Yes.

Thanks for support.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Did you make a nandroid backup before attempting to install a new kernel? If not...shame. LoL If so, just restore that and reboot. If you didn't, then you should be able to adb push a rom zip to your phone via adb in recovery - or if you have an SD card then put it on there. Worst case scenario, you can just the flash tool to restore your phone if you can find the stock files.

Reactions: Omnitrixer7

Omnitrixer7

Jul 20, 2014
Did you make a nandroid backup before attempting to install a new kernel? If not...shame. LoL If so, just restore that and reboot. If you didn't, then you should be able to adb push a rom zip to your phone via adb in recovery - or if you have an SD card then put it on there. Worst case scenario, you can just the flash tool to restore your phone if you can find the stock files.

Nope, i didn't backup, unfortunately. I'll try the adb method. Thanks! :D
+1 Thanks

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Always always always make a backup whenever messing with kernels or major changes to the /system. You probably figured that out by now, but can't be stressed enough. Good luck.

Omnitrixer7

Jul 20, 2014
I found a rom and tried to flash it.
When it flashed, i rebooted the tablet.
But...now it's stuck at meanIT boot logo screen. (not bootloop, it's just that boot logo shows up and disappears in snow).
I can't even access recovery anymore. I try to push the Power button for 5 secs to shut it down, but it powers up to the boot logo again. And so again and again, and again. Like a...bootlogoloop? lol.

Something went horribly wrong. :I

Update: It finally dies after the battery is drained.
Can anyone tell me what to do? (e.g. buy a new tablet, some repair advice, anything?) I'd be thankful. :) A lot.

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Are you able to get into fastboot? If so, you could try flashing your custom recovery image again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Omnitrixer7

Jul 20, 2014
Are you able to get into fastboot? If so, you could try flashing your custom recovery image again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nope, but i played around with the buttons, trying every combination. Turns out i can force shutdown the bootloop and enter recovery mode by holding Power and VolUp while the bootloop. The only problem is, roms hard to find, man. But i found one which might seem to work so i'll try.
Sorry for bothering guys. I'm kind of a noob here, so excuse me if i turn out stupid. :)

Omnitrixer7

Jul 20, 2014
No hope so far

So basically i tried everything except flashing a rkimage from sd card (don't have one big enough for the firmware).
Because i just found out there is a way to install Windows 8 on good working tablets, but i don't have money by the hand at the moment to buy a new one. I seriously don't know what to do anymore. I think it's either softbrick or just recovery loop. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.