[Q] Hboot 1.57 OS 5.11.401.10 reboot loop

Search This thread

Agil1ty

Jan 3, 2010
Drachten
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,

I just got a brand new HTC One 7 (WWE, CID E_11) after my last one died. Im trying to root it and install a custom recovery to install arhd or insertcoin. I used htc one toolkit for this. Everything seemed to work ok, but after booting the installed rom (ARHD or insertcoin) the phone reboots after i see the login screen. I somehow managed to reinstall my phone again yesterday, as it was a complete (soft) brick.

I used this to return to stock:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759000

Now does anyone know why I get a reboot loop? Does anyone know if i installed this stock rom if I get the normal OTA updates again? And do i need to relock the bootloader for this? I would really like to install stock roms again but I'm a little anxious after yesterday. (I've installed custom roms since the old HD2/HTC desire, and also on my old HTC One M7, never had any problems, I think it has to do with the Hboot).

Hoping to hear from you guys,

best wishes,

Olaf

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi,

I just got a brand new HTC One 7 (WWE, CID E_11) after my last one died. Im trying to root it and install a custom recovery to install arhd or insertcoin. I used htc one toolkit for this. Everything seemed to work ok, but after booting the installed rom (ARHD or insertcoin) the phone reboots after i see the login screen. I somehow managed to reinstall my phone again yesterday, as it was a complete (soft) brick.

I used this to return to stock:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759000

Now does anyone know why I get a reboot loop? Does anyone know if i installed this stock rom if I get the normal OTA updates again? And do i need to relock the bootloader for this? I would really like to install stock roms again but I'm a little anxious after yesterday. (I've installed custom roms since the old HD2/HTC desire, and also on my old HTC One M7, never had any problems, I think it has to do with the Hboot).

Hoping to hear from you guys,

best wishes,

Olaf
Flash the stock firmware 5.11.401.10! I think your firmware is mismatched.

Agil1ty

Jan 3, 2010
Drachten
OnePlus 7 Pro
By flashing the firmware after installing the Rom I might fix the bootloop? Or is the stock firmware necesarry to go back to stock? Sorry bit confused, thanks for your response btw

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
By flashing the firmware after installing the Rom I might fix the bootloop? Or is the stock firmware necesarry to go back to stock? Sorry bit confused, thanks for your response btw

Flashing the firmware might fix the boot-loop, since you flashed the stock rom! If it does stop the boot-loops, you can re-install TWRP or CWM to get the custom recovery.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

when using a sense custom rom you need to make sure you use twrp 2.6.3.3 recovery, do not use the toolkits, most of the time they are out of date and not updated, this would explain the bootloops, take the time to learn how to use adb and fastboot, you'll never look back.

nothing to do with the firmware and no need to flash it, if your firmware was knackered, you would have a hard brick.

Agil1ty

Jan 3, 2010
Drachten
OnePlus 7 Pro
when using a sense custom rom you need to make sure you use twrp 2.6.3.3 recovery, do not use the toolkits, most of the time they are out of date and not updated, this would explain the bootloops, take the time to learn how to use adb and fastboot, you'll never look back.

nothing to do with the firmware and no need to flash it, if your firmware was knackered, you would have a hard brick.

First of all thanks for the quick response. I know how to use adb and fastboot (at least I think).

If i would (in this order) do the following, would that be correct?:

unlock using htdev
Flash twrp 2.6.3.3 using fastboot command: "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (naming twrp 2.6.3.3.img = recovery.img)
reboot bootloader
Flash SuperSU.zip in TWRP
reboot twrp

flash custom rom (ARHD).

The thing is it isn't a normal bootloop (which normally would come with the HTC logo all the time)
It reboots when I try to setup the phone (in the setup menu). Restoring the phone with the link in the OP, ive recoverd my phone, but I would still love to use custom roms again.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
First of all thanks for the quick response. I know how to use adb and fastboot (at least I think).

If i would (in this order) do the following, would that be correct?:

unlock using htdev
Flash twrp 2.6.3.3 using fastboot command: "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (naming twrp 2.6.3.3.img = recovery.img)
reboot bootloader
Flash SuperSU.zip in TWRP
reboot twrp

flash custom rom (ARHD)

unlock using HTC Dev
flash TWRP 2.6.3.3
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
no need to flash super user it will be included in the rom you flash
flash custom rom, or stock reset rom, if its not rooted, twrp will ask you if you would like to root upon exit.

Agil1ty

Jan 3, 2010
Drachten
OnePlus 7 Pro
unlock using HTC Dev
flash TWRP 2.6.3.3
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
no need to flash super user it will be included in the rom you flash
flash custom rom, or stock reset rom, if its not rooted, twrp will ask you if you would like to root upon exit.

It seems that insertcoin had a problem in it's installer:

http://insertcoin-roms.org/category/devices/one_m7/one_sense6/

the changelog says: Fixed SuperSU install (might solve the sudden reboot issue in SetupWizard)
It left me without any rom to install, so i had to sideload ARHD, which it didnt want to install via sideload... The next step I isntalled stock again, which I'm using right now.. but I miss xposed framework and other tweaks too much..

I'm gonna try to unlock it again this afternoon and install insertcoin again, but this time ill make a backup first. Does installing the recovery wipe anything?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
It seems that insertcoin had a problem in it's installer:

http://insertcoin-roms.org/category/devices/one_m7/one_sense6/

the changelog says: Fixed SuperSU install (might solve the sudden reboot issue in SetupWizard)
It left me without any rom to install, so i had to sideload ARHD, which it didnt want to install via sideload... The next step I isntalled stock again, which I'm using right now.. but I miss xposed framework and other tweaks too much..

I'm gonna try to unlock it again this afternoon and install insertcoin again, but this time ill make a backup first. Does installing the recovery wipe anything?

no it doesn't wipe anything, but you can use xposed and its tweaks on stock rom, you just need to root first, just install TWRP, enter recovery and again upon exit it will offer to root stock rom for you.