[KERNEL] yairpatch-KITKAT[LINARO 4.7.4][28-03-14][RELEASED]

Search This thread

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
Little bit off-topic, but I remember when the minicm10 came out with the .32 kernel, you was happy with the incredible performance. And after a longer test period you always went back to froyopro or minicm7 due the better performance... ;)

Okay, go back to the thread. :)
@cascabel: you can't find the differences between the o2 and o3 versions of the kernels because the two kernels source code is same, nothing different. The compiler settings is invisible, this is not add or remove features, the difference is only the increased/decreased performance/stability.
If you interested what is the difference and how to work the code optimization in gcc, use google and you can find lot of information about how to work the o2 and o3 optimization, about the strict-aliasing and tons of other optimization flags. :)
@afi1982: can you post the gcc flags what you used? Or simple changed to -O3 without additional flags? (now playing with the .32 code to build a gb only kernel).

That's true buddy, I did. I had to OC @748 to get similar performance. Everyday usage was better though in Froyo or CM7 @604.

I have to say it is a different ball game today. This kernel / rom combo is really great.

I'm having as much fun with it as I am with my new Xperia E.

pilu1978

Jul 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
@afi1982: did you tried newer gcc to compile the kernel? As the title say you used 4.7.4. You failed to build with 4.8-4.9? And used the official linaro release? Tried the sabermod gcc?
@CtrlAltDelIrl: and now you happy with your E? ;) I'm happy with my Z. :p But with the Z I can't do anything, the phone too powerful (with my usage style) to enhance anything. Now playing with the abandoned x8. :D

Reactions: Cancar96

chrissykess

Sep 4, 2012
Kraków
After two weeks i back to CM7 Roms. Better is save some money for new phone than feel angry with using CM10, 4.1+ is only for wizual not using.

But Yair you doing good work. We;re proud to have your in our section. Keep doing what you do, but for me i prefer CM7 (but performance) CM10 (design)
@pilu1978

Im wating for NEXUS 4. <3 But first i need payment!

Last edited:

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
@afi1982: did you tried newer gcc to compile the kernel? As the title say you used 4.7.4. You failed to build with 4.8-4.9? And used the official linaro release? Tried the sabermod gcc?
@CtrlAltDelIrl: and now you happy with your E? ;) I'm happy with my Z. :p But with the Z I can't do anything, the phone too powerful (with my usage style) to enhance anything. Now playing with the abandoned x8. :D

Yeah I'm happy with it although i can't unlock the bootloader. It's now rooted and cleaned up and works great!

afi1982

Aug 7, 2009
@pilu1978 I have tried to build with linaro 4.8 and 4.9 and although the compile is finished but when I flashed it I get the kernel panic thing.. but I still trying to find why it's happening and I may have solution for that so just wait a little bit ;)

about the flag I used , with the version number 3 I used o3 and fast flag and some more optimization flags but I need to check my source to tell exactly what I've used .

Groot

Mar 7, 2013
Bacolod
gonna flash this tomorrow!!!

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends..." - Abe Lincoln

Tijmen

Retired Forum Moderator
May 26, 2011
Rotterdam
No sources, so thread closed for now. And I've got allegations that you've only changed the boot image, which doesn't warrant opening a new thread. Please contact me about the matter.

Thread closed.

Everything's cleared up, thread open again.

Last edited:

afi1982

Aug 7, 2009
No sources, so thread closed for now. And I've got allegations that you've only changed the boot image, which doesn't warrant opening a new thread. Please contact me about the matter.

Thread closed.

Everything's cleared up, thread open again.

Thank you for not listen for some who are not deserve to be heard :)

Sent from my X8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pilu1978

Jul 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
@afi1982: man, you are "kid" :p I will be 36 soon... :(
Anyway compiled the kernel with 4.8.2 ;) The performance is same, but at least unstable. :D
Question: the rom also compiled with fast-math?
Question 2: the kernel compiled with the bare metal gcc (none-eabi) or the android toolchain (androideabi)?

afi1982

Aug 7, 2009
@afi1982: man, you are "kid" :p I will be 36 soon... :(
Anyway compiled the kernel with 4.8.2 ;) The performance is same, but at least unstable. :D
Question: the rom also compiled with fast-math?
Question 2: the kernel compiled with the bare metal gcc (none-eabi) or the android toolchain (androideabi)?

hahaha :)

what flags you used to compile it with 4.8.2 ?

1- no but i'm going to
2- (none-eabi) is i membered correctly

BTW do you have any idea if we can update the kernel for more advanced code ? like 2.6.35?is it going to give us something?

Reactions: Japos

pilu1978

Jul 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
I not remember exactly (now on mobile), compiled with -Ofast and played with strict-aliasing. The result was kernel panic in every 5 minutes. :banghead: But I use cm7, and the kernel code is not the latest, I use an earlier version (the base commit is between naa-02 and naa-03 with several patches.
Earlier I played with .35 code (candiedice 2.5.8 from lg p500) but gave up.

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
hahaha :)

what flags you used to compile it with 4.8.2 ?

1- no but i'm going to
2- (none-eabi) is i membered correctly

BTW do you have any idea if we can update the kernel for more advanced code ? like 2.6.35?is it going to give us something?

I not remember exactly (now on mobile), compiled with -Ofast and played with strict-aliasing. The result was kernel panic in every 5 minutes. :banghead: But I use cm7, and the kernel code is not the latest, I use an earlier version (the base commit is between naa-02 and naa-03 with several patches.
Earlier I played with .35 code (candiedice 2.5.8 from lg p500) but gave up.

You guys know you're probanly the only 2 people left in x8 (not sure if Davee's still active) that can make a .33+ kernel work, right? :D

On topic: iirc, naa gave an explanation why he chose .32 over other versions. I think it's in his kernel thread. You might want to check his reasons for choosing .32. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features:• Based on SEMC 2011 ICS sources, re-based on Linux kernel 2.6.32.61
    • Built with linaro 4.7.4 toolchain
    • CWM-v6.0.2.8

• Idiot-proof feature: will boot into recovery if an unsupported or no android version is found
    • Custom mtd partitioning scheme suitable for JB
    • Modular recovery flashing support
    • Much more RAM than stock for improved multitasking experience (shakira: 186MB, robyn/mimmi: 187MB)
    • Patched to latest 2.6.32.61 release
    • kgsl: SEMC 2011
    • ARM: many backported fixes and optimizations from CAF 3.x
    • Netfilter: many backported fixes and optimizations from CAF 3.x.
    • net/iptables: Fully working networking and iptables support. Fully working traffic control via data limits menu of JB
    • Backported tiny-rcu
    • Superior AHB overclocking - improved responsiveness and performance. 'Buttery-smooth' experience
    • improvements: memcpy, kmalloc, jhash, sha1, scheduler, optimized CRC32, LZO, vmalloc, pm_suspend
    • Two-way call recording
    • binder, lowmemorykiller fixes backported from CAF 3.x
    • WEXT tiwlan
    • pmem: backported from CAF 2.6.35
    • modular undervolting
    • tripple buffering support
    • Supported IO Schedulers: NOOP, BFQ, AS, DEADLINE, CFQ, VR, SIO
    • net: Stochastic Fair Blue scheduler
    • ZRAM + google snappy compression backported from CAF 3.x
    • ZCACHE backported from CAF 3.x
    • Cleancache backported from CAF 3.x
    • Kernel compression: LZO for best kernel booting times
    • Makefile: optimization flags
    • dcache: vfs_cache_pressure -> 25
    • Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    • fsync enable/disable toggle at: /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (enabled by default)
    • Many many more fixes and improvements available @ github
    *Optimize with -O3 flag
    *fix deadlock when system is low on memory (thank you @xelyt)
    *backport lowmemorykiller from CAF msm-3.4

download

http://yairpatch.com/blog/2013/10/yairpatch-kernel-for-xperia-x8/

version 1.0 Final - http://yairpatch.com/blog/2013/11/yairpatch-kernel-for-xperia-x8-version-1-0/

KITKAT and CM10.2 KERNEL - http://yairpatch.com/blog/2014/03/kitkat-kernel-for-xperia-x8alpha/

Install:•Backup

•Unlock your bootloader as described here: http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=3 or here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1254225
    •Download the latest kernel ftf file from here and move it to Flashtoolfirmwares so that Flashtool can pick it up
    •Flash the kernel via Flashtool
    •Reboot and you should see the coolest kernel boot animation

• (First time only) Get into recovery and format /system /cache and /data manually

Uninstall:•

Flash back to stock using SEUS

OR

• Format /system /data and /cache via CWM and THEN flash another kernel via Flashtool
    Any other way is completely unsupported, don't ask how to unbrick if you can't read the instructions

*thx goes to nAa for his great

Source:

https://github.com/yairpatch/msm7x27-2.6.32.x-nAa

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] yairpatch-JB[LINARO 4.7.4][31-10-13] , a Kernel for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Contributors
    afi1982
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-10-31
    Last Updated 2014-03-27
    new update will come out soon with many things backported from 3.0.8 kernel and 3.4 kernel so expect for the best :)
    KITKAT(Omni 4.4.2) KERNEL released.
    http://yairpatch.com/blog/2013/12/yairpatch-kernel-for-xperia-x82-1/

guys this kernel will work best with my cm10 build that i'm uploading right now so try it out ..
    new version ready:

ADD sioplus scheduler
    Dynamic Fsync
    Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks
    lowmemorykiller: skip already freed memory
    cgroupfs: create /sys/fs/cgroup to mount cgroupfs on
    "ashmem: avoid deadlock between read and mmap calls"
    add extra free kbytes tunable
    netfilter: xt_qtaguid: update to msm-3.4
    "msm: msm_fb: fix an error path not releasing entry_mutex."
    sch_prio: backport enable_flow for KitKat
    build with sabermod linaro
    increased touchscreen pressure for better responsive for you touch :)
    staging: android: lowmemorykiller: implement task's adj rbtree
    iosched: deadline: tweak for flash usage
    and much more.. you can see them on my github account soon.