[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

Search This thread

thrasherht

Feb 5, 2011
Saginaw
thats the backup assistant by verizon. I want the one by google .

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

That is built into gapps. You have to make sure your contacts are set to be google account contacts, and not phone contacts.

here is my suggestion. Take your contacts on your phone, export them all to a Vcard, then upload them to your computer, and import them into google.
then resync all your contacts from the google servers. Check to make sure the contacts app is displaying just your google account contacts, and not the sim card ones.

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
Seeing how nothing major wrong has been found since 2.0/2.01 was released in July, and barring no further releases from VZ, I would bet nothing further. That is unless some other Revo user takes up the torch and devs. Just a guess.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

tcrappa2

Oct 29, 2010
Has anyone had the issue when receiving an incoming call the dialer will force close and you cannot answer the call?? Happens to me a decent amount.. Just wondering if there are any suggestions.. Thanks guys!

Unresponsive Vibrating Phone

Anyone else having their phone randomly vibrate continuously? Nothing works but taking the battery out. This started happening a few weeks ago on both my and my wife's phone. I have Broken Out with GO Launcher, she has Broken Out with the Xperia launcher.

We also both have problems with our phones becoming non-responsive or super slow for several minutes. The free memory gets lower and lower, sometimes a fast reboot or kill tasks helps, other times not. When I monitor the tasks, their CPU/memory use seems pretty moderate, nothing stands out as a problem.

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
For the slowness, I believe it to be the TweakZV6. Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Reflashed BO and poof slowness was gone. V6 supercharger seems to be a more stable tweak. No issues with it. Also no issues with Thunderbolt.

As for the VOD (vibe of death), we believe that to be related to the blitz kernel (which is baked into BO2.0). Flash the stock kernel and that should clear up the vod's for the most part.

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Disabling all vibration does help with the vod, but the only sure fire way to treat the disease is with the stock kernel. You would be able to keep any and all vibration on including haptic. :D I've gone almost 3 months with no, I repeat, no vod's. Most ppl complain about getting better batt life, but other than that and no OC'ing, it's just peachy. :)

m.ark

Feb 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
Are there any fixes for the status bar dying sometimes? My gf's phone keeps getting that to die on her, as well as the screen being generally unresponsive. Any fixes for these issues, yet? Thanks in advance.

iamjerry123

Oct 2, 2011
Are there any fixes for the status bar dying sometimes? My gf's phone keeps getting that to die on her, as well as the screen being generally unresponsive. Any fixes for these issues, yet? Thanks in advance.

Status bar dying -> Just restart the phone and leave it alone till it FULLY loads.

Unresponsive screen -> Just turn off the screen and turn it back on. Fixes it for me .

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
If you are experiencing any fc'ing or any other issues with BO,

"AS PER OP: Flash the rom and then wipe data."

If you feel the need, you can make a backup before hand and then restore just the data. Also there are known issues with flashing anything to your phone. If you are experiencing major issues and all the wiping in the world can't fix it, try reflashing. If that doesn't work, then try redownloading the zip and flashing again.

As far as status bar issues, try flashing a theme. If the status bar still has issues, then I suspect the install of your rom to be faulty or a tweak you installed is the culprit. Fix, SEE ABOVE PARAGRAPH.

TheRandom1

Mar 7, 2009
I'm having an issue lately where the status bar won't load on a reboot sometimes. I reboot and it doesn't show up. I have even left the phone alone entirely for 5 minutes and it still wasn't loaded, so I rebooted again and it worked.

Mannn121

Nov 1, 2011
Is it safe to assume that there won't be any updates to this ROM anytime soon?... I really need a new phone if this is the case

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda app-developers app

billney

Nov 16, 2010
Just an observation. I just flashed the Beast Candy theme and it put my gallery back in the right order.

G

GuestK00134

Just an observation. I just flashed the Beast Candy theme and it put my gallery back in the right order.

Nice...if that's the case could someone much smarter than I put together a flashable zip with just the part that addresses the gallery picture order?

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Actually, I think I used the gallery from bo1.1 for the port of beast candy theme. I'll rip it and post something tomorrow. Right now I got to deal with a 12 year old who doesn't want to do any homework. :banghead:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Revolution!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Updated to ZV9
    Updated all Apps
    Updated Super User and SU Binary
    Sony Xperia S Theme
    Replaced Calculator, Calender, and Email with CM7 Versions
    Added a Modified Spare Parts DSP Manager and CM File Manager
    Cleaned Up Browser Bookmarks
    I'm sure there is a lot more I am forgetting lol

Kernel:
    Overclocked to 2.1 Ghz (Does not mean your phone can handle it)
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Added SIO I/O Scheduler
    Added 2 Way Call Recording
    Many Other Speed Mods

v 1.1
    Fix Problem With 3G

v 1.0
    Rom:
    Based Off of ZV8 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged the Browser
    Debinged
    Remapped Long Press Search For Google Voice Search
    Remapped VM Button in Dialer to Google Voice
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Power Menu Mod
    Added CMScreenshot to Power Menu
    Accurate Battery Mod
    Center Clock Mod
    Cleaned Up Notification Pull Down
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated all Apps Including Google Play
    Added AppWidgetPicker
    Newest Swype Beta
    Build.prop Tweaks
    Init.d Tweaks
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    Must be on ZV8 or ZV9 before flashing!
    Otherwise you will have Sim problems!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on BrokenOut!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    DRT054 for donating his old Revolution
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea and the initial thought for center battery
    Kane for the Clear button at bottom in pull down idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Alright boys and girls, here is a little overclocking and undervolting for ya!

http://db.tt/wRYwpwNF

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Just got source for ZV8!!!! Will play with it tonight!!!!
    I am sending MT my Revo so he may continue his awesome work. Should get it sometime this week.

sent from my HTC ReZound Clean ROM 1.4 DE
    Hey guys! Need some testers! First 3 to pm I will send a link. Got the new broken out running on drts old phone got 49 hours on the extended battery and sitting at 34% still! Just need some extra sets of eyes for visual stuff and to test things I don't use lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2