[Q] Need help rooting my phone...
I want to root my phone backing up:-
Model: Samsung Galaxy SL GT-I9003
Firmware Version: 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.DDKP2
Internal Memory: 4GB
My Action Plan
- I've planned to root my phone following a safe approach:-
- Make backup of the Stock Recovery on an SD card.
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Using ClockworkMod Recovery, make NANDroid backup of the Stock ROM on SD card.
I can't find a way to fetch the Stock Recovery and store it on an SD Card. I've googled a lot on the topic, but could not find a solution...
I would be greatly thankful for any suggestions...
Tools I currently have
- Odin program
- ROM Manager
- Terminal Emulator
- Android SDK (which includes ADB)
- ClockworkMod Recovery Image for my device
- Super One-Click program