Batteries/Chargers (Portable, Car, AC, etc...)

Search This thread

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York

tokie_

Dec 29, 2011
Glasgow KY
dose anyone know if they have a stand alone wall charger for the batterys if i was to buy a few extra i have found my self at times away from home for days and my car can never keep the charging to a nice level

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
dose anyone know if they have a stand alone wall charger for the batterys if i was to buy a few extra i have found my self at times away from home for days and my car can never keep the charging to a nice level

Well Tokie, for your car, u can use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Universal-Car-Charger-Pc-2ca/dp/B004YZI1T4

One of the ports will have a 1.5amp output and will suffice to charge your battery quickly.

And if you have a tablet or wanna go ultra crazy in charging your battery n burning it :D U can use something like this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0364269

That one has a 2.1amp output as well, enough power to burn a hole in your phone's battery LOL!!

tokie_

Dec 29, 2011
Glasgow KY
Well Tokie, for your car, u can use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Universal-Car-Charger-Pc-2ca/dp/B004YZI1T4

One of the ports will have a 1.5amp output and will suffice to charge your battery quickly.

And if you have a tablet or wanna go ultra crazy in charging your battery n burning it :D U can use something like this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0364269

That one has a 2.1amp output as well, enough power to burn a hole in your phone's battery LOL!!

ill let youknow once it comes in lol 2.1amps haha will my incuerence cover that in case of a fire

theoski

Aug 29, 2007
I use 2.1 amp in the car and it charges pretty fast even while streaming spotify or radio through bluetooth with screen off. It helps to get through a day of heavy usage without swapping a baterry.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
For those of you who are getting an external battery charger, will you let me know if it manages to charge the batteries to 100%? I currently use a universal battery charger, which worked great for my other phone batteries (would charge them quickly and fully, so when I popped them into my phone, it showed 100%), but for whatever reason, when I try to externally charge my Nitro's battery, no matter how long I leave it or put it back on the charger, it will only reach 88% or so. Then I have to fill up the rest by putting the battery in the phone and charging through USB. I know it's not my battery (I have two, and they both do it), so I'm just curious if other external battery chargers might be better. Let me know if it works for you! If it does I'll get whatever kind you have. I'd be super grateful, thanks!

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I'm getting a legit LG battery charger specifically for the nitro. It'll take me about 2 weeks to get it (coming from LG itself in Korea) but when it gets here I'll try it n will let u know how it goes.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA App

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
For those of you who are getting an external battery charger, will you let me know if it manages to charge the batteries to 100%? I currently use a universal battery charger, which worked great for my other phone batteries (would charge them quickly and fully, so when I popped them into my phone, it showed 100%), but for whatever reason, when I try to externally charge my Nitro's battery, no matter how long I leave it or put it back on the charger, it will only reach 88% or so. Then I have to fill up the rest by putting the battery in the phone and charging through USB. I know it's not my battery (I have two, and they both do it), so I'm just curious if other external battery chargers might be better. Let me know if it works for you! If it does I'll get whatever kind you have. I'd be super grateful, thanks!

Btw Itiskonrad, where did you get your batteries from? Is it from that ebay seller or you got it from somewhere else? Just curious, cuz I've been searching everywhere, but nobody else sells it but that guy.

red_solo_cup

Dec 14, 2011
Btw Itiskonrad, where did you get your batteries from? Is it from that ebay seller or you got it from somewhere else? Just curious, cuz I've been searching everywhere, but nobody else sells it but that guy.

I ordered 1 extra battery AND the battery/batterycharger/cable from the ebay seller I mentioned earlier.

The batteries seem legit, they last just as long and have identical plastic casings. However, the two batteries I bought from ebay have a different sticker/label on them. They do not have the "FCC" markings on them or any other american legalese on them.

As far as the charger goes, it works great. I carry a battery in my wallet, one in the phone, and one in my backpack. I really like the peace of mind!

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I also got mine from that Ebay seller. I'm confident it's legit. The build is identical, and it maintains charge and behaves exactly the same as the one that came with my phone. It's just probably the battery for the Asian Optimus lte, hence no fcc and different labeling. I'm not worried, and I'm pretty careful about batteries.

@red solo cup, do you know if the charger manages to bring the battery to 100%, ie, when you pop it in the phone and turn it on, do the battery stats actually say 100? My current charger brings it to around 90%, which is not bad, but if I'm going to buy another charger, I'd like it to max out the battery completely =) Thanks!

red_solo_cup

Dec 14, 2011
I have not checked Battery Monitor Widget immediately after putting in the battery, so I cannot absolutely confirm that the battery charges to 100%. However, I have noticed that the battery in the notification area was completely full, including the little "nub" on the left of it.

I will check this out when I get back from work tonight.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Damn, I don't mind getting it from him, but he posted that it will take almost 20 days to a month for the item to get to me! That's frigging much too long for shipping something overseas. Things I get in China or HK doesn't even go beyond 2 weeks the longest.

red_solo_cup

Dec 14, 2011
I ordered 1 extra battery AND the battery/batterycharger/cable from the ebay seller I mentioned earlier.

The batteries seem legit, they last just as long and have identical plastic casings. However, the two batteries I bought from ebay have a different sticker/label on them. They do not have the "FCC" markings on them or any other american legalese on them.

As far as the charger goes, it works great. I carry a battery in my wallet, one in the phone, and one in my backpack. I really like the peace of mind!

I checked and the LG charger does indeed charge the battery up to 100%

@aquariuz: I really cannot recall how long shipping took as I ordered the battery on the 15, and the battery+charger on the 21st. I was away for the holidays, but by the time I got back to my place on the 28th they were both in my mailbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: itiskonrad

keenz

Jan 2, 2008
Edmonton
24v input

Has anyone found any dual USB (2.1a and 1a) with 12 - 24v input? I run crane and sadly in most of our cranes the Cig Lighter socket is running 24v.

I have a few 12 - 24v input single USB chargers with 1amp out but.. I'd love to find a dual. I have to run my speakers and charge my phone or mp3/RADIO -- seeing as how Optimus doesn't have a FM tuner :D

red_solo_cup

Dec 14, 2011
Has anyone found any dual USB (2.1a and 1a) with 12 - 24v input? I run crane and sadly in most of our cranes the Cig Lighter socket is running 24v.

I have a few 12 - 24v input single USB chargers with 1amp out but.. I'd love to find a dual. I have to run my speakers and charge my phone or mp3/RADIO -- seeing as how Optimus doesn't have a FM tuner :D

I found this on amazon. The specifications specifically state: "Input: 12-24V DC; Output: 5.0V DC 2.1Amp" Plus it is only 5.99+free shipping.

I have this and the specs on kensington's website state "Input: 10V-18VDC, Output (30pin/USB): 5VDC-3100mA.", So I assume that will not work.

Reactions: keenz

stemalo

Feb 29, 2012
so if i have to buy a car charger, what is the MAX specs i can use for the LG OPTIMUS LTE?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

More charging options

Alright, it seems the Ebay seller "smarthan" has some good deals on batteries and standalone battery chargers.

Official P930 battery + microUSB cable + standalone battery charger for $30

and

Official P930 battery for $15

I checked and the LG charger does indeed charge the battery up to 100%

@aquariuz: I really cannot recall how long shipping took as I ordered the battery on the 15, and the battery+charger on the 21st. I was away for the holidays, but by the time I got back to my place on the 28th they were both in my mailbox.

I found this on amazon. The specifications specifically state: "Input: 12-24V DC; Output: 5.0V DC 2.1Amp" Plus it is only 5.99+free shipping.

I have this and the specs on kensington's website state "Input: 10V-18VDC, Output (30pin/USB): 5VDC-3100mA.", So I assume that will not work.
    Thanks. Now I need exactly model name to find out one on eBay. I think most of original LG chargers that offer on Ebay have 0.7ma current. It too small to charge 1800mah battery when device is used. For example, i use this charger http://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-Plug-USB...r-iPod-Touch-iPhone-4S-4-3GS-3G-/230814525810

Touch screen does crazy with this wall charger. It is common problem with non original chargers, so that's why I need original fast wall charger for our device :)

I've never had a problem with this phone using non-LG chargers. I've used my old HTC charger (1A) and other friends' various chargers and never had an issue. Yeah, it charges faster or slower based on the maximum current rating, but none of them cause the touch screen to go crazy. It sounds to me like that charger you bought is faulty or something, I don't know.

Anyway, the model number for the charger that came with my phone is MCS-01WR. Keep in mind this is a charger for US wall plugs though.