Ultimate HTC One S Accessory Guide

Search This thread

Droidguy987

Aug 20, 2011

VelocityGrill

Dec 2, 2011
OnePlus 12R
There's two on Mobile Fun, a Flexishield Skin and the Case-Mate Tough Case. Both are in stock but the Tough Case doesn't have an image yet? Others too but not for weeks.

psych0t1c

Jul 30, 2005
earth.europe.de
Does anyone have first hand experience with the ZAGG Shields. They offer screen only, screen and back and full coverage which is claimed to cover front back and all edges.

I wonder how the application process is with this kind of material? Is it some kind of smart material that folds around the corners while applying pressure or heat and then sticks firmly? Or do you get delivered three "shields", front, back and thin slices that you need to align very carefully around the edges so nothing overlaps?

Our device has a lot of slight curves and "weird edges" so any firsthand experiences would be welcome.

I am trying to avoid any sort of gel cases cause they feel icky, and also I do not think that any sort of hard plastic case will get my love cause it takes away a lot of the slim feel of the device. Of course they would offer better drop protection, but that is not my main worry.

The main reason I am looking is that I am starting to hate the fingerprint smudged that are so clearly visisble on the ceramic surface. I would order it "on the benefit of doubt" to test but as of now the distributors in Europe / Germany do not seem to have it in stock. Ordering from overseas, with shipping/handling and import tax will double the price to me and sending it back then if i dislike it is pointless...

mitchgixer6

Nov 10, 2010
Received the Zagg Invisible Shield today, and just finished fitting it. Must admit that I'm disappointed with the fit of the screen protector, to the point that I have taken it off again. It must only cover about 90% of the screen, and I didn't really like the feel of it once it was on. Quite tacky and doesn't let your finger slide over the screen very easily.

The rest of it I have kept on for now, but again it totally changes the feel of the phone, I have the MOA black version. It now feels very tacky, but I feel this may be a good thing as it doesn't slide in the hand as easily. This may help owners of the Grey version which is reportedly quite slippery. It also doesn't cover the edges where the chipping has been noticed by some owners, so don't buy this thinking it will protect against the chipping problems.

I'm just going to keep using mine as normal, and if I get the chipping again I'll exchange for the grey version and get a replacement Zagg Shield to help with the slipperyness.

It was quite tricky to fit, but once it's on the phone you can slide it into position quite easily, but it is quite hard to get it to conform to the curves and edges. I went for the full protection which gives 2 sections for the back, one for the top front round the speaker and the screen protector.

p4230762.jpg

By mitchgixer6 at 2012-04-23
p4230763.jpg

p4230765.jpg

Reactions: reupugi and h.han

shadow.8

Apr 17, 2010
Salt Lake City
I had Invisible Shield on my MyTouch 3G (HTC Sapphire) and I wasn't a fan. I had it on all sides of the phone and it was constantly peeling at the edges. Then, dust would get underneath the corners. Also, after about a year with it on it started to turn yellow. Also, I found I had to press a lot harder for it to recognize my input. After a while I was used to it but honestly, I don't think it was worth it. I removed it maybe six months back and my phone is still in good condition. I don't have any experience with other screen protectors so they may be better options out there, but I would skip invisible shield.

h.han

Feb 28, 2011
London
Regarding screen protector, I bought the genuine one from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221002245405?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Always go for HTC genuine one and used lots of cheap ones none of them did the job properly.
This one fits so well it even makes the installation a bit difficult and you need to be patient, just calm yourself down, sit comfortably, and practise a lot before installation. Try to be as steady as possible and you are good to go.
It took me only once to put the previous one on my incredible s but twice on one s due to larger screen. But the result is remarkable you won't regret it.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

vasp3690

Apr 23, 2012
Agreed. I use the genuine one and it is miles better than anything else

sent using HTC1S

chic.geek

Feb 28, 2011
Vancouver
I've requested a casemate barely there case. (Also missing from the list.)

Would love to post it a link, but the forum's labelled me as a noob. :p

Top Liked Posts