Buyers Remorse

Search This thread

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

- Spen Keeper - Too bad I use Spen :(

- Macro Focus in Camera - And camera too

Last edited:

hakz

Feb 6, 2012
Calamba City
If you're not satisfied with the phone, then sell it. :)
Display Profiles, I kinda miss it in my previous Note 2 and Note 3. I'm used to the Neo's profile though.
Regarding S-Pen Keeper, I really liked it too, but I hardly leave without the Pen even when I used the previous notes, and there's also a S-Pen icon notification on top.
About the macro, it's not built for total macro shots since it doesn't have a nice aperture, but it doesn't necessarily mean the overall camera performance is bad. Here's a few macros I took myself, it's not that bad, right? :angel:

Attachments

• 20140701_091734.jpg
    20140701_091734.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 20140701_092502.jpg
    20140701_092502.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: peRFect!

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
After using a lot of Samsung phones, this model has really let me down and I'm thinking to sell this phone and move on as I'm really not happy about it due to below shortcomings.

- Display Profiles/Preset(Dynamic/Standard etc) - This obvious option is missing and my eyes is unable to getting used to stock setting and screen is something which I look all the time I really miss this option

There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
btw which phone are you planning to buy? :)

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
There is no point asking here buddy, if u don't like it then sell it and buy another one. Everyone has there own preferences so a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation

Last edited:

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
It's just buyers remorse and not complaining that phone completely sucks . When I move from one gen device to next one , I expect Samsung to leave options intact . For someone newly coming it doesn't make any difference to them

May be I'll pick up a Note 3 or Note 4 [emoji16]

EDIT:
Updated thread Title to have a healthy conversation
I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations! :)
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I completely understand, didn't mean to sound harsh, afterall we've had so many healthy conversations! :)
I think the display profiles not being there is more of a skimped feature cos of being a Neo.
Note 4 will be out in October, so if u can wait then good, cos I know it'll be the best device.
Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Yeah , that's what I'm wondering if Samsung deliberately crippled down features just because it's Neo and even though it's not hardware dependent
I never used it, always used adapt display (I like punchy colours), so not having issues. But if it's bothering u too much then u should switch to another phone. But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I never used it, always used adapt display (I like punchy colours), so not having issues. But if it's bothering u too much then u should switch to another phone. But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!
Lesson learnt . Never upgrade from a flagship phone to a Neo or mini variant [emoji24][emoji16]

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
The price gap is negligible in other countries but in India it's huge b/w flagship and Neo model .

Also insane price drop after buying the phone just makes you more disappointed
Not in all countries, that is AFAIK. But yeah maybe in a few countries. The price of Note 3 has become pretty much stagnant, launched at 47K and since last 4-5 months it's being sold at 42-45K in different stores. I suggest u to wait for Note 4 if u can cos software & performance wise u won't be gaining much with the Note 3.

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
You are right!

Ya you are right! Until you pointed even I didn't know that the "adapt, dynamic, standard, movie " option is missing. Now I am feeling sad too :D Good observation :cowboy: by you.

Regarding Camera you can try "focal" app and there are so many camera apps available which you can download using Aptoide.

Just go to Aptoide.com and then install the apk. Once you install that software you can add different stores. Using them you can search for any apps. Paid and free. There you can get many many camera apps which might cater to your needs hopefully.

Please wait for Snapdragon 805 phones to arrive and then may be you can sell this and get the latest. But really sad to know you are dissatisfied with this phone.

Hope your phone surprises you some way in coming days and changes your mind :)

Cheers!

---------- Post added 7th July 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th July 2014 at 11:43 PM ----------

a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.
Nice one liner. Sounds good :good:

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Ya you are right! Until you pointed even I didn't know that the "adapt, dynamic, standard, movie " option is missing. Now I am feeling sad too :D Good observation :cowboy: by you.

Regarding Camera you can try "focal" app and there are so many camera apps available which you can download using Aptoide.

Just go to Aptoide.com and then install the apk. Once you install that software you can add different stores. Using them you can search for any apps. Paid and free. There you can get many many camera apps which might cater to your needs hopefully.

Please wait for Snapdragon 805 phones to arrive and then may be you can sell this and get the latest. But really sad to know you are dissatisfied with this phone.

Hope your phone surprises you some way in coming days and changes your mind :)

Cheers!

---------- Post added 7th July 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th July 2014 at 11:43 PM ----------

a phone can't cater to everyone's requirements.

Nice one liner. Sounds good :good:
U think so? Maybe I should apply for the copyright of this one liner. :p :D

hweeliangteo

Jul 4, 2014
I've been eyeing h ttp://oneplus.net/ but don't have an invite to buy one. :)

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
Yes

Yes I think so. heheheh :p Actually almost every one of your post in this thread sound very very good :good:

But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!
:good:

Haha.. depends on how many bucks u can shed! :p

May be Samsung has "hidden" those featureS? May be we can get those features by putting some code on dialpad?
for example *#9900# will give you additional settings mostly diagnostics. I have tried it on Note 2, Note 3 Neo and Note 8.0

I hope we can get back that "display" feature.

Cheers!

Reactions: peRFect!

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Yes I think so. heheheh :p Actually almost every one of your post in this thread sound very very good :good:

May be Samsung has "hidden" those featureS? May be we can get those features by putting some code on dialpad?
for example *#9900# will give you additional settings mostly diagnostics. I have tried it on Note 2, Note 3 Neo and Note 8.0

Cheers!
After all I'm peRFect! :p xD

They should give us the display profiles option, ridiculous on their part to be so miser.. -_-
Though I can live without it, many users require to adjust the settings. At that price, I think it's not justified to leave out a small albeit important feature!

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
After all I'm peRFect! :p xD

They should give us the display profiles option, ridiculous on their part to be so miser.. -_-
Though I can live without it, many users require to adjust the settings. At that price, I think it's not justified to leave out a small albeit important feature!

And their videos keep talking how SUPERAMOELD is the best Display in the world :p

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
And their videos keep talking how SUPERAMOELD is the best Display in the world :p
I know you're the kind who likes natural colours, but I like punchy colours. So for me it's indeed one of the best!
S5 IMO has the best display to date.

I like S-Amoled displays so much that I find even my iPad Air's display to be a little dull which is supposedly the best LCD display!

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012

Really? Their videos are speaking the truth then. Coming from a LCD display, I am in true love with the S-amOLED screen. After owning a Samsung phone, now I know what I had been missing.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I know you're the kind who likes natural colours, but I like punchy colours. So for me it's indeed one of the best!
S5 IMO has the best display to date.

I like S-Amoled displays so much that I find even my iPad Air's display to be a little dull which is supposedly the best LCD display!

If i liked LCD I would've never bought a Samsung phone which is quite obvious. Am fine with punchy but oversaturated colors is not what I like and I love options where I could tweak or change it as per my eyes.

Really? Their videos are speaking the truth then. Coming from a LCD display, I am in true love with the S-amOLED screen. After owning a Samsung phone, now I know what I had been missing.

Yeah but these days LCD displays are on par (may not be better) with SAMOELD Displays.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're not satisfied with the phone, then sell it. :)
    Display Profiles, I kinda miss it in my previous Note 2 and Note 3. I'm used to the Neo's profile though.
    Regarding S-Pen Keeper, I really liked it too, but I hardly leave without the Pen even when I used the previous notes, and there's also a S-Pen icon notification on top.
    About the macro, it's not built for total macro shots since it doesn't have a nice aperture, but it doesn't necessarily mean the overall camera performance is bad. Here's a few macros I took myself, it's not that bad, right? :angel:
    Lesson learnt . Never upgrade from a flagship phone to a Neo or mini variant [emoji24][emoji16]
    Yes

But I too am surprised that out of all features sammy decided to remove this one - incredible Samsung!

Cheers!
    Long story short, did you sell yours?