Batteries/Chargers (Portable, Car, AC, etc...)

Search This thread

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
After a good first day I would also suspect its the phone configurations. Hope you have a better third day with it. Will keep watching.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Allstar, yes the third day was better, albeit I was only lightly using my phone. So far its been 6 hours and I only used about 50% battery.

uploadfromtaptalk1349589219688.jpg

Sunday will be a good test to see how well it will last since I'll be at work during a game n I'll be running around with my phone. More updates to come :D

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
That shows almost no on screen time. I remember with CM9 my standby battery life was amazing. I once got 45.5hrs out of my Hyperion battery and well over 24hrs on stock battery.

The standby battery life on CM10 just can't match CM9.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
That shows almost no on screen time. I remember with CM9 my standby battery life was amazing. I once got 45.5hrs out of my Hyperion battery and well over 24hrs on stock battery.

Yeah, cm9 was much more efficient but then again that has been in development much longer than cm10 so I'm sure eventually theyll make it even better. Its running well enough for my liking now :D

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Very true. I notice you always use WiFi. If I use WiFi at home and turn off mobile data (or at least turn off LTE) will I notice better battery life?

kernelpan1c

Retired Ep1c Sysadmin
Jan 6, 2010
California

Take a look at my post back a few pages ;)

Edit realized it was in another thread, so here it is. Stock battery CM10. 25 minutes screen on and 5 mins of calls.

2uqapu5e.jpg

Sent from my LG Nitro HD

Last edited:

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Very true. I notice you always use WiFi. If I use WiFi at home and turn off mobile data (or at least turn off LTE) will I notice better battery life?

I am always on WiFi because both at work and at home I have WiFi service. And yes, I disable lte because i don't really use it and it will drain my battery faster even if its not being used and running background. I just run H+

Here is today's battery performance, which I think is pretty darn good for a secondary battery at 15 bucks. As u can see I had 2 breaks in the graph which are due to me rebooting the phone because of screen glitches that were getting pretty bad. Apparently, rebooting my phone causes the battery to discharge a few percent of battery life for some reason.

uploadfromtaptalk1349655017683.jpg

Also, I found out the reason I was losing so much battery on my second day. I posted this on the cm10 thread so I'll just paste it here.

"Juice Defender has a bug where data will be on when you're using data or sending/receiving MMS, but once you're done, it doesn't shut off data and instead keeps it on and running background, causing serious battery drain and overheating.

I notice this because the phone will be really warm in my pocket for no reason and the way you can tell is that in the notification bar, it will say Data On and underneath it it will say something like WiFi/MMS/screen etc etc. And you will also see a green dot on the shield indicating that data is on.

For those that are having bad battery life and overheating issue and are using Juice Defender, please check for the indicators I stated above. If you are getting the same issue, go to the app info, force shut down the app, and clear data. When you run the app again, it should be fine. If not, they suggested to clear data, uninstall and reinstall the app."

el_venga

May 17, 2007
Bluetooth is another cause of overheating in cm10. I stopped using it a few days ago. I will give it another try after some more builds.
Lighting Zap goes great with cm10. I'm on stock battery almost 11 hours since charged, 1:30 screen time and 35% left, light use although. I will drain it today, lol. Hyperion got me little over 15 hours with plenty of use, wifi during the day and a full 2 hours movie, still managed to surf for a while. I was planning on going to cm9 but this made me stay.

Sent from my Abacus

Victor B

Sep 11, 2011

Wow!

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Sorry for not keeping you guys up to date with how it is going for me with the feipusi battery. Well, since the last time I posted I rly think this battery is solid and lasts long enough for my needs.

uploadfromtaptalk1350796418331.jpg

Here's the latest screenshot I took. As you can see, almost seven hours and more than 50% still available. Yes the phone wasnt used that much but for a spare battery it sure can handle the charges.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app:

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I've actually had a couple of days with light use and have noticed that standby time in CM10/PA can be pretty decent. I'm still using the Hyperion battery, but your review on the Feipusi let's me know that there is a good option for a stock sized battery. That's a big plus for those that don't want the extra bulk or would like to keep a case on the phone.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
So here's today's usage at work. Similar to my last image posted, the battery lasted nearly 12 hours, and that's with one random reboot, losing me about 4% as well as heavy dose of YouTube videos on full brightness for nearly 20 min. Without those, I probably could make it closer to 13 hrs.

uploadfromtaptalk1350887839439.jpg

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda
Mwapp-developers app

lionman229

Jan 1, 2012
I need help. Whats a wall charger that will fast my nitro as fast as possible? I cant find a 2.1a charger that isnt designed specifically for apple products (they use a different standard as far as I can tell.) Will the blackberry one work?

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I need help. Whats a wall charger that will fast my nitro as fast as possible? I cant find a 2.1a charger that isnt designed specifically for apple products (they use a different standard as far as I can tell.) Will the blackberry one work?

I can't comment on a blackberry charger, but I have found that the LG charger that came with the phone charges the fastest. I've tried quite a few others and the LG is the best.

Sent from my LG-P930 Full Android on Emulator using xda app-developers app

xdasree

Apr 11, 2012

xdasree

Apr 11, 2012
Cool! Definitely let me know! I ended up buying another OEM battery.

Humm OK... I tested about two days ... this is even WORST than factory battery. dropping down about 25% per hour without much use. may be one time Facebook and 2 times email check on LTE. I'm using wind kernel and Jelly-Bam.

After upgraded to Wind Kernel 1.8, I got longest battery life about 6-1/2 hours with 10% left with LG factory battery which is pretty good I think and I expected much more life on this battery.

as far as my usage concerns, I considered my self as little heavy user. more than 10 times I open FB and checking emails every 1 hour or so and whatsapp messages and so on..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Btw Itiskonrad, where did you get your batteries from? Is it from that ebay seller or you got it from somewhere else? Just curious, cuz I've been searching everywhere, but nobody else sells it but that guy.

I ordered 1 extra battery AND the battery/batterycharger/cable from the ebay seller I mentioned earlier.

The batteries seem legit, they last just as long and have identical plastic casings. However, the two batteries I bought from ebay have a different sticker/label on them. They do not have the "FCC" markings on them or any other american legalese on them.

As far as the charger goes, it works great. I carry a battery in my wallet, one in the phone, and one in my backpack. I really like the peace of mind!
    More charging options

Alright, it seems the Ebay seller "smarthan" has some good deals on batteries and standalone battery chargers.

Official P930 battery + microUSB cable + standalone battery charger for $30

and

Official P930 battery for $15
    I ordered 1 extra battery AND the battery/batterycharger/cable from the ebay seller I mentioned earlier.

The batteries seem legit, they last just as long and have identical plastic casings. However, the two batteries I bought from ebay have a different sticker/label on them. They do not have the "FCC" markings on them or any other american legalese on them.

As far as the charger goes, it works great. I carry a battery in my wallet, one in the phone, and one in my backpack. I really like the peace of mind!

I checked and the LG charger does indeed charge the battery up to 100%

@aquariuz: I really cannot recall how long shipping took as I ordered the battery on the 15, and the battery+charger on the 21st. I was away for the holidays, but by the time I got back to my place on the 28th they were both in my mailbox.
    Has anyone found any dual USB (2.1a and 1a) with 12 - 24v input? I run crane and sadly in most of our cranes the Cig Lighter socket is running 24v.

I have a few 12 - 24v input single USB chargers with 1amp out but.. I'd love to find a dual. I have to run my speakers and charge my phone or mp3/RADIO -- seeing as how Optimus doesn't have a FM tuner :D

I found this on amazon. The specifications specifically state: "Input: 12-24V DC; Output: 5.0V DC 2.1Amp" Plus it is only 5.99+free shipping.

I have this and the specs on kensington's website state "Input: 10V-18VDC, Output (30pin/USB): 5VDC-3100mA.", So I assume that will not work.
    Thanks. Now I need exactly model name to find out one on eBay. I think most of original LG chargers that offer on Ebay have 0.7ma current. It too small to charge 1800mah battery when device is used. For example, i use this charger http://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-Plug-USB...r-iPod-Touch-iPhone-4S-4-3GS-3G-/230814525810

Touch screen does crazy with this wall charger. It is common problem with non original chargers, so that's why I need original fast wall charger for our device :)

I've never had a problem with this phone using non-LG chargers. I've used my old HTC charger (1A) and other friends' various chargers and never had an issue. Yeah, it charges faster or slower based on the maximum current rating, but none of them cause the touch screen to go crazy. It sounds to me like that charger you bought is faulty or something, I don't know.

Anyway, the model number for the charger that came with my phone is MCS-01WR. Keep in mind this is a charger for US wall plugs though.