[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!

Last edited:

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
What case are you currently using? It saddens me that there's a dearth of cases available for the Note here

other than those China ones which are mostly plain ugly

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
What case are you currently using? It saddens me that there's a dearth of cases available for the Note here

im using the capdase alumor...950 from aerofone...

quick question sir...are you rooted and on custom? id like to learn the ropes:p

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
My parents are going to the Philippines later this month, in the Makati/Taguig area mainly.

1. How much are GNote's selling over there for

2. A good place to purchase it in that area for a great price

3. I'm assuming GNotes on sale in the Philippines are the GSM version with Exynos and unlocked (can use on AT&T or Smart Talk in the USA)?

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
My parents are going to the Philippines later this month, in the Makati/Taguig area mainly.

1. How much are GNote's selling over there for

2. A good place to purchase it in that area for a great price

3. I'm assuming GNotes on sale in the Philippines are the GSM version with Exynos and unlocked (can use on AT&T or Smart Talk in the USA)?

1. for most online stores (kimstore/dbgadgets/widgetcity) they are selling it from 28 - 29K (service warranty) and additional 3K with the samsung warranty...samsung stores sell it between 33-35K...

2. most cellular shops in sm malls now offer competitive prices (unlike before)...they sell between 31-33K with the samsung warranty...you can check out technokid/aerofone/bsd shops etc...

3. yes the notes here are international unlocked versions (and some sell "gray" international unlocked) which can be used anywhere...the come with the 1.4 exynos chip

- was able to answer this after almost a month of canvassing :D

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
1. for most online stores (kimstore/dbgadgets/widgetcity) they are selling it from 28 - 29K (service warranty) and additional 3K with the samsung warranty...samsung stores sell it between 33-35K...

2. most cellular shops in sm malls now offer competitive prices (unlike before)...they sell between 31-33K with the samsung warranty...you can check out technokid/aerofone/bsd shops etc...

3. yes the notes here are international unlocked versions (and some sell "gray" international unlocked) which can be used anywhere...the come with the 1.4 exynos chip

- was able to answer this after almost a month of canvassing :D

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I get the Samsung warranty and my phone should break while using it in the USA, then the warranty is only valid in the Philippines? That would be OK for me because I have family in the Philippines so I could send it to them if it would need to be fixed it's just turnaround time would be a hassle (would have to ship phone there, then my relatives would have to send it in, then send it back to me after it was serviced), but I wonder if the warranty could be used in the USA?

And what is the Gray International Version?

Last edited:

letters_to_cleo

Jan 23, 2012
Portsmouth, N.H.
Gray version means to say it comes from the gray market...

not usually sold by official distributors of Samsung and its affiliated partners.

Usually you will get less or No warranty at all on some gray market stores. Some offer you warranty but only to the store where you bought your unit.

emignatius

Feb 20, 2009
Baguio
emignatius.blogspot.com

I've already posted this in the accessories section but here are my cases again and I bought them in Singapore.

The blue case (Uniq) is probably going to be available here in the PH soon 'coz I see this brand cases for the iPad and Galaxy tabs in local stores and I'm telling you now, don't buy this. Yes it looks great, but the case is covering the mic and when I make calls while using the case, the person on the other line can't hear me clearly so it's kind of sitting in my shelf at the moment.

The reason I got the brown case (Verus) is because of the speaker hole. I was thinking of getting other cases but most of them don't have this hole and I find it really convenient to have this feature so you won't need to flip over the case whenever taking calls.

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
im using the capdase alumor...950 from aerofone...

quick question sir...are you rooted and on custom? id like to learn the ropes:p

Not familiar with where Aerofone is though :(

Im not yet rooted and I've had it for about a week and a half. I might just do so this weekend. I will have to downgrade the firmware first since I did 2 OTA updates already

Currently I'm using a knockoff SGP Ultra Thin (For Php250). White case on White Note REALLY looks nice, but I could use something with a stand

The Verus case looks okay , but I would really prefer not having a flap since its annoying to use one handed (on the MRT) or to use it in landscape.

I have a Chinese flap (bought together with the phone) case with a hole for the speaker as well and another hole to see whoever is calling without opening up the flap, but it becomes really thick due to the case and the holes make me feel that the screen isnt protected anyway, so why bother.

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
great to hear from you guys on this...btw anyone here rooted and with cwm?

ps...with respect to the pinoy thread on the accessories pages, i wish we keep this one more on the factual and developmental side of our phone...thanks guys

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
great to hear from you guys on this...btw anyone here rooted and with cwm?

ps...with respect to the pinoy thread on the accessories pages, i wish we keep this one more on the factual and developmental side of our phone...thanks guys

Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

onetonnoodle

Jan 22, 2012
jig is only useful if you want to reset the "flash" counter on your phone. You see, smart phones like our galaxy note records if you have flashed your phone using methods such as through Odin.

But for the purposes of rooting, using zergExploit rooting method doesn't increase the flash counter. That means you won't be needing the jig. hope this helps :)

Reactions: jermitano

Chadmack

Jan 23, 2012
Mabuhay kabayan!!

I used to hav rocketrom from v15 up to v22. Tried chracks then tried the ics teamrocket v1.5 and went back to chracks v14, cant wait for the official ics to.come out and custom roms out of it.

There are plenty if threads that will help you under the dev section, you wont go wrong if you read and understand and research shen doing customs. Good luck and hope you enjoy more our beloved Note

Reactions: jermitano

access.denied

Dec 12, 2010
USA Data service (Carrier)

Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Pinoy from NYC here.

My international GNote is also rooted and evaluated the MIDNOTE 2.0 (ICS LP1 and ITALIAN QUALITY) Rom. ICS really flows smooth on the GNote. I really like it with all the new features and functionalities.
The main issue I have is the Straight Talk data service I am using does not work with the XXLP1 radio modem used with Chinese leaked ICS rom.
I know this because when I revert back to my GB Rocket v22 rom, it uses the XXLA4 modem radio and Straight Talk data service work with 2-5Mbps download speeds as opposed to a consistent 9kbps DL with the ICS LP1 radio. Yes, 9kbps!! WTH!!
Right now, this ICS bandwagon is still new so I will have to revisit this rom along with other roms that can work with the Straight Talk service.

I am curious what carrier service are you using with your GNote in California and your data DL speeds?

Mabuhay y'all!!!

Last edited:

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
jig is only useful if you want to reset the "flash" counter on your phone. You see, smart phones like our galaxy note records if you have flashed your phone using methods such as through Odin.

But for the purposes of rooting, using zergExploit rooting method doesn't increase the flash counter. That means you won't be needing the jig. hope this helps :)

i was thinking of doing a cf root flash with cwm then using the jig to reset the counter...comparing methods for the s2 and the note, i guess the note still had the ability for zergrush exploit (which i never used before)...i cant (or am lazy) find any bootloaders or new fw with bootloads with are reset-able using a jig...anyways i found a link here for that but i have to flash a zip just to use the jig...a tad complicated :D

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
Mabuhay kabayan!!

I used to hav rocketrom from v15 up to v22. Tried chracks then tried the ics teamrocket v1.5 and went back to chracks v14, cant wait for the official ics to.come out and custom roms out of it.

There are plenty if threads that will help you under the dev section, you wont go wrong if you read and understand and research shen doing customs. Good luck and hope you enjoy more our beloved Note

thanks mate...am still looking for a sensible and understandable video tutorial...its seems not much are done or are doing it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.