[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

markikswabe

May 22, 2012
Guys, tanong lang... is ICS already available for the Smart Locked units?
Im on Special Data Plan 1000 kase. And when I do
About Phone->Software Update->Update e No Update Available ang lumalabas.
Tapos pag sa Kies naman e dati ang error e "your device doesnt support upgrading from kies"
ngayon naman e ndi na madetect ung GNote ko sa Kies... eh naka uncheck naman ung USB Debugging.

Update:
I've reinstalled Kies and ok na sya na dedetect na ulit ung GNote ko... pero still lumalabas pa rin ito:
your device doesnt support software upgrading via kies

Di pa avail ang ICS sa Pinas. Avail lang sya pag nag flash ka ng custom rom

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
So enthropy is right all along when he introduced to removed emmc cap erase. Speedmod and franco adapted this solution in their kernel.:)

lets just hope they are...they have identified 2 out of the 3 causes for the bricker...problem is the one that really matters is hardware related

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

jonpaslim

May 31, 2011
Valencia Bukidnon
soft bricked my note

havnt slept

i will never do a wipe in CWM
even if the instructions tell me to do so

was going to kingdroid from ICSLP9
abysskernel installed
did a wipe
stuck on a wipe
pulled on the battery
tried kindroid install
stuck on installation

tried to get back on stock ICS via PC Odin
stuck on factoryfs

recovery still works
download still works

just finished repartition
still seeking out a good GB rom to flash with

seems pc odin flash is dead to me as flashing gets stuck at FactoryFS

Sorry to tell you brad, it seems you incounter the superbrick bug. The pcodin is fine its just your device has a fried emmc card.:(

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
lets just hope they are...they have identified 2 out of the 3 causes for the bricker...problem is the one that really matters is hardware related

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Im with you. I hope we have a definite solution to this problem, because this note is very expensive to be a paper weight.:eek:

Last edited:

musashiro

Jul 1, 2011
Tarlac
soft bricked my note

havnt slept

i will never do a wipe in CWM
even if the instructions tell me to do so

was going to kingdroid from ICSLP9
abysskernel installed
did a wipe
stuck on a wipe
pulled on the battery
tried kindroid install
stuck on installation

tried to get back on stock ICS via PC Odin
stuck on factoryfs

recovery still works
download still works

just finished repartition
still seeking out a good GB rom to flash with

seems pc odin flash is dead to me as flashing gets stuck at FactoryFS

Did you reboot the recovery and wiped on abyss Or you wiped on lp9 kernel?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
Even the newer white notes huh? I was hoping to ask for a replacement from smart if there were notes without thiz issue.

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
Even the newer white notes huh? I was hoping to ask for a replacement from smart if there were notes without thiz issue.

if you are under a plan then you have the right to demand it from them...just make sure that you get a sealed replacement if you do get one

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

fixed my phone (to some extent)
the trails of this adventure was shared with the samsung galaxy note phi fb group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsunggnotephils/

from forest1971
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26285877&postcount=12
this link saved my phone (now running kingdroidics 2 and playing nova3)

but still cant flash the whole FW via pc odin...
only kernel, css, modem, pit can get through

any zip fw that edits the partition wont get through as well

note: reboot to recovery is a step and should be followed ^^
a wipe in regular recovery is different from a wipe done after rebooting to recovery!

have my binary count up to 14

btw:
my phone came from smart data plan 2k
sim locked to smart
has incall audio problem since i got it from the box
no audio on calls but anything else audio is great
wasnt able to return it coz the receipt and box was left at cebu
twas 2 months after when i got it back ^^
still havnt been back to smart ^^

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
my gps doesn't seem to work. whenever I switch it on no indicator appears. stock dxlp9 kies. how about you guys?

generator_g1

Jan 2, 2012
Mine works. The position of the indicator changed too. Before it used to be beside the wifi/data indicator, now it's on the upper left side of the screen.

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
how cani check if it works? Indicator dosnt show up

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I'm using gps status app. no satt is displayed.

dude2cool03

Sep 8, 2010
Davao
I just got my is update 4 days ago. Now my phone is buttery smooth. No bugs at all and the new features and proprietary apps for the pen are awesome and useful.Using it totally in class. Galing talaga ng note.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

jonpaslim

May 31, 2011
Valencia Bukidnon
Wise advice. If you go for ICS dont root it, you are safe, if not, there is always the waranty. Custom rom for ICS is not worth it because of the superbrick bug. Stay safe and you will have the peace of mind and you will enjoy your note more.;)

JoshuaTumanda

Apr 2, 2012
Cebu City
joshuatumanda.com
Wise advice. If you go for ICS dont root it, you are safe, if not, there is always the waranty. Custom rom for ICS is not worth it because of the superbrick bug. Stay safe and you will have the peace of mind and you will enjoy your note more.;)

You have a point, though having a custom ROM for your device(N7000) has advantages too. You can do all the tweaks and customization, battery life may be better, and you will learn from it. Except that you are just on a minimal you, just stay on stock ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.
    Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.