When Will ICS Come?

Search This thread

5hamz

Dec 18, 2010
Peeps, I *****ed a bit about the lack of an ICS update for the galaxy tab 7.7 after Samsung tweeted a link to the samsungUK website with this caption 'how to get the most out of ICS'. they finally replied to my tweet with this:

'@5hamil, at present we have no further information on this release, however as soon as we do we will ensure we post it on @samsungmobileuk'

so there ya go!!! No info' on ICS for this gorgeous tab. btw, the tweet came from @samsung UK

hanzi54

Jul 23, 2010
Zurich
We have two tablets in the family, the tab 10.1 and the tab 7.7 which is the coolest device, until Apple will have one with this size.

Samsungs miserable output on software updates for existing customers is just a fiasco, my next device will be a a iThing.
Forget Samsung they just introduce new hardware like crazy, but the don't take care about exiting users, because they have to buy there new crap...

The only old sDevice which has ICS for now is the SGS2, shame on you!

Hitschman

Nov 29, 2011
I own the Galaxy Note and my girlfriend just bought the Tab 7.7. Mainly because she was very impressed by the features and performance of the Note.
Now from what I read beforehand, the 7.7 sounded like a great device and most things about it do work very well, but the lack of ICS (on my Note, too) is really very concerning. Samsung should really get much faster at updating or people will always feel like they just bought an outdated device. And that is not a good experience for a customer to have.

I also hope ICS brings some improvements on readability, since Samsung choose a very unique screen size with the 7.7 and I think they should address the problems that come with it. App Developers so far have not, and I don't think they will any time soon.

Raptor1956

Nov 14, 2011
I've learned my lesson and will never buy another Samsung product! I hate to say this because it makes the most viable alternative Apple, but at least Apple supports older products. And I don't give a rats *ss that Apple has an easier job -- I DON"T GIVE A RATS *SS THAT APPLE HAS AN EASIER JOB!

Brian

maysider

Sep 10, 2008
We have two tablets in the family, the tab 10.1 and the tab 7.7 which is the coolest device, until Apple will have one with this size.

Samsungs miserable output on software updates for existing customers is just a fiasco, my next device will be a a iThing.
Forget Samsung they just introduce new hardware like crazy, but the don't take care about exiting users, because they have to buy there new crap...

with iThing you will be very very disappointed with missing of.......well.....everything :)

http://goo.gl/ZuTmL

just wait for Google Tab Nexus.....just a half of this year

maysider

Sep 10, 2008
this is an adult forum, not a playground for iOS or WP users frustration ;)
so be quiet and dont mess the forum

haovh_85

Jul 4, 2009

Nutsonfire

Jun 13, 2010
Nyon
In Samsung's defense, I don't think it's that easy to make a proper ICS update that works 100%. It's not like everything is great with the tabs that got updated to ICS. Like this Huawei tab, with ICS and after several betas, hdmi out is bugged, it crashes every now and then, 3g has connection problems, browser crashes, etc. The worse bit is the battery that feels like it's 50% of what it was in HC.

Yes it's smoother, but in the end it's not like everything is working.

I had a Transformer and ICS was pretty buggy on that too.

The only device i know that has ICS working really stable is my galaxy nexus.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using Tapatalk 2

dotvoid

Jun 28, 2011
Berne

I just bought the 7.7 and I'm gonna sell my iPad 3 ("new IPad"). Seriously, dont go for iOS devices that you cant jailbreak. you'll regret it. I ran into so many awful limitations, its not a device I would consider for doing something else than playing piano on garageband.

I'm so glad to see widgets and proper notifications again ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just did my monthly questioning of Samsung Australia (I always ask them because they always answer, even though they're hardly the authority on Android releases). Usual type of reply, but it's at least a confirmation that it's, uh... Coming.

"Thank you for your patience, ICS is in testing stages for Tab 7.7 and we hope to see it released soon in Australia. Stay tuned!"
    I have to say, I am not particularly impressed by Samsung on this one - notwithstanding the fact I was wanting to wait for thr 64GB 3G version of the 7.7, which is yet to materialise...

It is getting tiring to buy "premium" devices, only to see support for these abandoned right away. Especially when these devices are far from being perfect to start with.

This said, I still love the 7.7, but when you see the gain in performance of my Transformer prime from HC to ICS, and the difficulties the 7.7 has in dealing with TW with HC, you'd thing Samsung would have the decency to spend some resources on updating its flagship tablet...
    Online Petition

That was the way HTC was convinced to reunlock their bootloaders.

I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/
    In my opinion it makes a difference if only I will contact Samsung on my own or for e.g. CNET,heise or chip.de.if you know computer or tablet magazines you may contact them too so that they contact Samsung too.I have neither Facebook nor twitter account, but if anyone will contact Samsung via twitter our Facebook I think this is no bad idea

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I am trying to show Samsung that more people are disappointed by the Samsung support.

Maybe they will recognize that good product support is as important as good specs of new hardware....

Doing nothing means to accept all and to change nothing I think.
    I hope that we all together will make Samsung to think about better support.
    The more people who express their disappointment maybe the more Samsung will realize this.

This is my opinion and I hope we will have an update soon.