[ROM][Aug 29][JB 4.2.1] AndroWook Prime HairyBean v2.31 **Unleash The Beast!**

Search This thread

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Flumpster!!!! Always making the efforts to make our prime still alive!!

Nicely done!!! I will upgrade untill the end of the week! I am sure is another master piece!

If you are waiting till the weekend then 2.31 should be out by Friday.

Lots of things fixed and improved my end but I am just waiting to see if any more bug reports come in.

Reactions: sauliiin

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011

Lots of things fixed and improved my end but I am just waiting to see if any more bug reports come in.

I have noticed some resume issues on 2.3 occasionally (very few and far between though) is that included in some improvements?

rveupen

Jul 1, 2008
I installed 2.3 with hunds kernel but with stock framework for standard background.
Flashing the updated kernel will revertback to Androwook background or not?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

cech

Mar 8, 2009
The new version of the Kernel Installer is up in post 2 with Hunds newest kernel.

I started numbering the zip so we don't get confused. This is 2.3 VER 3.

Well, I must seem like a whinger but the new version seems to have the old kernel that doesn't let my prime finish boot. Again a message "Starting Apps" appeared and then system rebooted and got stuck and Androwook screen. :(

BTW, where do you live Flumpster? I'm in Australia and we still only have the 20th here and you updated the Kernel installer on 23rd.:)

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Well, I must seem like a whinger but the new version seems to have the old kernel that doesn't let my prime finish boot. Again a message "Starting Apps" appeared and then system rebooted and got stuck and Androwook screen. :(

BTW, where do you live Flumpster? I'm in Australia and we still only have the 20th here and you updated the Kernel installer on 23rd.:)

I was just about to test that mate and see if the exfat sd cards work on the new kernel.

Gimme 5 and I will test.

Also that kernel installer was meant for 2.31 release which is next Friday and that is why the date is wrong. I forgot to change it back.

Anyway .. off to test exfat

Last edited:

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Confirmed.

Exfat crashing on new Hunds Kernel in Installer.

I am speaking to Hunds now and will upload a new one once we have it fixed again.

Removing other link for now.

Laurentwb

Jan 10, 2012
Hello,

Is there some kind of swype keyboard wecan use with the doc ?

Laurent

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte

Thanks, friend!!! I'm sure it will be perfect! I'm not having much time now to flash it... So, i will have to wait until the weekend. Very happy to hear that! I will be cleaning and backing up my prime until then!

Laurentwb

Jan 10, 2012
I use Swype keyboard as my default input and then use Keyboard Manager to automatically change my hardware keyboard to ASUS. Both available from the Play Store.

Awsome ! This perfectly meets my needs ! Thanks a lot !

In addition, Touchpal is another great keyboard. Its main advantage over Swype is that you can switch language (autocorrection, ...) whil keeping the same keyboard layout (AZERTY in my case).

Have a good evening.

cech

Mar 8, 2009
Hairybean 2.3 Kernel Installer Ver 4 is now in post 2.

This should re-fix the exfat issue brought back in Ver 3.

Please try this one again cech.

Great! It was a success this time. Thanks. Now I'll wait and see whether the SOD issue is gone too.

It took me a little longer to flash because after the last attempt with v3 my prime wouldn't boot even after flashing stock so I had to wipe and reflash wookie again... Lucky I have a job where I have time to do this.:)

Laurentwb

Jan 10, 2012
You probably need to fsck it via the fsck -fvyD command in recovery. This will fix lots of errors on ech partition. I'm not at my pc so let me see if I can dig up the exact commands.....

Found it. Please please please make sure you unmount the partitions as said. You will corrupt data otherwise.

1. Reboot to recovery
2. Select Mount and uncheck System, Cache and Data
3. Go to Advanced, then Terminal Command, then hit Select Folder to start Terminal
4. type "e2fsck -fvyD /dev/block/mmcblk0p8" and press return. Wait for the process to finish (this is for Data)
5. type "e2fsck -fvyD /dev/block/mmcblk0p2" and press return. Wait for the process to finish (this is for Cache)
6. type "e2fsck -fvyD /dev/block/mmcblk0p1" and press return. Wait for the process to finish (this is for System)

Interesting.
Does this erase all data and apps ?

Laurent

Laurentwb

Jan 10, 2012
No it checks for errors and then fixes them. You should see an improvement with speed and possibly corruption if you already have some (reboots or bootloops etc)

DON'T RUN IT UNLESS YOU UNMOUNT THE PARTITIONS FIRST. You will lose everything then :)

Thanks.
Honnest to say that I'm not sure to know how to achieve this (unmount the partitions first). Can you tell me a bit more ?

Edit : Maybe you talk of step 2 in your procedure. Right ?

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks.
Honnest to say that I'm not sure to know how to achieve this (unmount the partitions first). Can you tell me a bit more ?

Edit : Maybe you talk of step 2 in your procedure. Right ?

Hmmm... You need to follow the instructions to the T. Are you familiar with terminal commands? You need to do this in the TWRP recovery. You could also do it over adb as well. Step to says go to mount and uncheck the partitions - that means unmount ;)

Laurentwb

Jan 10, 2012
Hmmm... You need to follow the instructions to the T. Are you familiar with terminal commands? You need to do this in the TWRP recovery. You could also do it over adb as well. Step to says go to mount and uncheck the partitions - that means unmount ;)

I am more or less. Enough, I think.
I am just trying to make no mistake.
I went to look into the mount command and see that all will unchecked following you procedure.
Then going to the terminal command, I see the list of all folders of my Prime. Can I have a check on everything in a safe way ?

The reason I want to do this is because since a while my prime became slow for operations like calculating spaces in settings>storage . This was already the case before I installed AndroWook 2.3 and I saw no changes after it.

I wonder which folders I should select to check.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am more or less. Enough, I think.
I am just trying to make no mistake.
I went to look into the mount command and see that all will unchecked following you procedure.
Then going to the terminal command, I see the list of all folders of my Prime. Can I have a check on everything in a safe way ?

The reason I want to do this is because since a while my prime became slow for operations like calculating spaces in settings>storage . This was already the case before I installed AndroWook 2.3 and I saw no changes after it.

I wonder which folders I should select to check.

Don't bother selecting a folder just hit select when you go to that screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AWP_Head_v1.png

AWP_Screens_v231.png

animation231.gif

TeamWookie.png
    flumpster - Development Team
    mrwookie6379 - Founder
    DarkMinax - Testing Team & Hosting
    art-mas - Graphical Team
    andy_rose - Testing Team
    whycali - Testing Team
    Subsonic44 - Testing Team
    Lostsorrow - Testing Team
    McJesus15 - Testing Team

Hairybean231.png

changelog.png

• AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.31
    • Updated Hundsbuah Kernel which fixes installs with ExFat SDCards and Battery Drain plus other fixes.
    • Fixed WallPaper selection to Stock Limitations.
    • Updated Google Play Store, Google+, Google Music, Hangouts, Google Search, Dropbox, YouTube & ES File File Explorer.
    • Updated Hundsbuah Kernel App to add Schedulers and Set on Boot option.
    • Removed Beats Audio as it wasn't working anymore and Added CyanogenMod DSP.
    • Added Mantano Book Reader instead of Asus My Library.
    • Replaced Sony Bravia Engine with newest Bravia 2 Engine.
    • Added OS Monitor.
    • Updated AdAway.
    • Added Greenify.
    • Added cLock.
    • Added Voltage Increase option to Installer.
    • Reverted TWRP to 2.5.0.0 working version.

• AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.3
    • Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.6.1.27.1 based on TF300 Rom.
    • Added Hundsbuah Kernel and Data2SD Addon.
    • Added Reverse Axis addon for use with Hundsbuah Kernel.
    • Added Hundsbuah Kernel App to set your own profiles.
    • All tweaks remade.
    • Remade Advanced Power Menu for new Base.
    • Fixed Super IPS.
    • Fixed GPS.
    • Updated All Google, Asus and Optional Apps.
    • New Aroma Installer.
    • New Bootloader and Themed TWRP.
    • All Previous Mods Included & Updated to new build.
    • And much much more.....
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2
    • Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.6.1.15.3 based on TF300 Rom.
    • Added Surdu_Petru Kernel and Data2SD Version.
    • Added Reverse Axis Kernel and Data2SD Version for people with replacement screens.
    • Fixed GPS Dongle.
    • Added More HDMI Devices.
    • Fixed Cifs not showing files in Apps. Do not mount to Internal SD. Mount to mnt/cifs or Removable/MicroSD.
    • Added Dock Browser Changer to select what browser to open on Dock button.
    • All Previous Mods and Tweaks Included & Updated.
    • Added Option to install Browser2Ram script for Stock Browser and Chrome.
    • Added Option to install Trickster Mod for CPU control with Surdu_Petru Kernels.
    • Updated All Google, Asus and Optional Apps.
    • Added SQL Vacuum Script.
    • Remade Advanced Power Menu for new Base.
    • Removed Bloat that can be downloaded from Google Play.
    • And much much more.....
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.11
    • Fixed Aroma Touch Screen Issues on TF700.
    • Fixed Aroma Selection/Deselection Bug When Scrolling.
    • Added Aroma Exit/About Screen on Power Button.
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.1
    • Multi Device Added selectable in Aroma.
    • Data2SD Kernel Option
    • Fixed Search Bug
    • Remade Power Profiles.
    • Updated Google and Asus Apps.
    • Added LMT (Pie Navigation) and Full Screen App.
    • Added Furry Background is Back. Optional Stock Framework in aroma.
    • AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.0
    • Android 4.2.1
    • Rebuilt from new WW stock base 10.6.1.8. based on TF300 Rom.
    • Full working Advanced Power Menu including Reboot, Reboot to Recovery, Reboot to Bootloader and Hotboot option.
    • Custom AndroWook Boot Animation & Launcher Wallpaper.
    • Custom Themed AndroWook TWRP built into Upgrade zip.
    • Rooted and De-Odexed System App & Framework.
    • Fully zip alligned ROM with intelligent zip allign at every boot.
    • Aroma 2.56 Custom AndroWook themed installer.
    • Init.d scripting enabled in kernel ramdisk.
    • Automatic Permissions script run at boot.
    • Memory Tweaks performed at boot.
    • Latest Busybox installed.
    • SYSRO & SYSRW binary's included.
    • Selective performance enhancing build.prop tweaks.
    • Fixed docking problems.
    • Fixed bluetooth.
    • Fixed DRM.

READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY. THIS IS NOT JUST FLASHING ANOTHER ROM

disclaimer.png

This Rom has been tested by many people but if you do not follow the instructions correctly or then go on to flash an incompatible TWRP you can brick yourself.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER PRIME RECOVERY WHILE USING THE NEW HAIRYBEAN 2.31 (4.2.1) BOOTLOADER, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE AT THE MOMENT, THE ONE BUILT IN IS MODDED. USE THE DOWNGRADE ZIP TO TAKE YOU BACK TO 4.1.1 BOOTLOADER AND RECOVERY IF YOU NEED IT.

By downloading and installing the below you are in agreement that you understand the risk associated with doing this which in a worse case scenario could result in a bricked Transformer Prime. Therefore we are not responsible or liable for any issues you encounter although we will do our best to TRY to help you resolve them.

Thank you.

requirements.png

• Battery above 20 percent.
    • An Unlocked Transformer Prime with a custom recovery.
    • A Micro SD to copy install files to as the Internal Storage will be wiped during install.
    • All valuable files removed from your Transformer Prime.
    • The files from the Download section below.
    • NVflash installed if you want to go back to any other ROM not built on official JB. This is more a recommendation rather than a requirement and the ROM will install without NVflash just fine.
    • ....and finally the ability to read. Honestly this is this biggest mistake people make is they do not read things correctly so read, read and READ again just to be sure.

install231.png

NOTE** You MUST be on the new Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader to be able to flash this new version which is available in the next section.**

• Download "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip" & "Hairybean 2.31.zip" from the links below and copy to Micro SD.
    • Boot into recovery and flash "Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip" from Micro SD card.
    • Click restart after completion and on restart LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY, WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT WILL RESTART ITSELF BACK INTO TWRP OR INTO OS.
    • If the Tablet does not boot back into TWRP or OS then hold down Power and VOLUME DOWN for 10 seconds until it restarts and the icons appear. Then select RCK manually.
    • Go into TWRP and Wipe options and select Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik Cache, System, Cache and Data and swipe to wipe. (Data2SD users also select SD-Ext)
    • Go to Install options and flash "Hairybean 2.31.zip" from Micro SD card.
    • When install is completed restart and allow 30-60 mins for the system to cache itself and then restart again upon which time you should now have a nice smooth TP.
    • Enjoy!

installvideo.png

Thanks to wwjoshdew

YouTube Link

downloads231.png

Upgrade Hairybean 2.31 (4.2.1) Bootloader & TWRP (2.5).zip

Mirror 1

MD5 Sum - FEEA44BC7370116E1807DC943E2700B5

Hairybean 2.31.zip

Mirror 1

MD5 Sum - 93A024C71A55F204B74B997902E692DB

Thanks
    • All of my Team and Beta Testers......couldn't have done it without you.
    • Huge thanks to art-mas for his amazing graphics. You can view the Androwook graphics by clicking HERE or view the rest of his amazing website at http://www.art-mas.com/
    • elesbb for browser changer mod on dock.
    • NRG for working with me on the bugs.
    • Everyone I forgot......;)
    • ......and you guys for using my ROM and giving me something to do. :) Thank you.
    ThemedTWRP.png

WookTWRPsmall.png

information.png

• Hairybean TWRP theme is now included by default and installs with the Bootloader & Twrp Upgrade.
    • Please do not install any other versions of TWRP while using the 4.2.1 bootloader.

hairybean231usersigs.png

UserSig2311.png
    UserSig2321.png

UserSig2331.png
    UserSig2341.png

UserSig2351.png

kernelinstaller231.png

• HairyBean 2.31 Kernel Installer will allow you to try different kernel options without re-flashing the rom. It will also clean up bits left behind by the previous kernel before installing a new one.
    • Download "Hairybean 2.31 Kernel Installer - VER 1.zip" from one of the links below and copy to your Micro SD.
    • Boot into TWRP and install "Hairybean 2.31 Kernel Installer - VER 1.zip" from Micro SD card.
    • Select the Kernel you would like to install from the options.
    • When install is completed restart and LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY.
    • It should now continue into the rom with your new Kernel Selection.

kernelinstallerdownloads.png

Hairybean 2.31 Kernel Installer - VER 2.zip

Mirror 1

MD5 Sum - 18655560c64d85cf72374d276ed8940d

downgrade.png

• Download "Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery" from one of the links below and copy with your preferred 4.1.1 rom to Micro SD.
    • Boot into recovery and flash "Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery" from Micro SD card.
    • Click restart after completion and on restart LET THE BLUE LINE FILL ALL THE WAY, WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT WILL RESTART ITSELF BACK INTO TWRP.
    • If the Tablet does not boot back into TWRP then hold down Power and VOLUME DOWN for 10 seconds until it restarts and the icons appear. Then select RCK manually.
    • Go to wipe options and do a factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik, wipe system and finally format data.
    • Go to Install options and flash your preferred 4.1.1 rom from Micro SD card.

downgradedownload.png

Downgrade Hairybean 4.1.1 Bootloader & Recovery.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3

MD5 Sum - 86FBD4986C95637DB339ACB23B4E0C89

hairybeanwallpapers.png

wallpapersmall.png

wallpaperdownloads.png

Please choose the closest to your screen resolution and then select Fill in Personalize - Desktop Background.

1920 x 1200 Mirror 1 Mirror 2.
    1680 x 1050 Mirror 1 Mirror 2.
    1280 x 0800 Mirror 1 Mirror 2.

Hund's F2FS kernel - modified for tf201

Hey guys, I fixed MTP on Hund's F2FS kernel and I changed the performance profiles to normal tf201 settings.

Installing F2FS on HB 2.31 with EXT4

1. Backup the contents of /sdcard directory to a MicroSD card or a PC.
    2. Download TWRP 2.7 for F2FS found on post 2 of this thread.
    3. Download Hund-f2fs-v3.4.5-tf201-discardoff.zip attached here.
    4. Reboot to recovery and make a nandroid of system, data, and boot on MicroSD card.
    5. Flash TWRP 2.7 for F2FS.
    6. Reboot. When you see the blob flash progress bar, hold down the volume down button so you can go straight back to recovery.
    7. Press volume up once in fastboot to go to recovery. TWRP version should be 2.7.0.0-Geass.
    8. Select Wipe, Format Data, type yes. This will format your /data partition as f2fs. This will wipe all data on your tablet.
    9. Once formatting is done, reboot to recovery again (hold down volume button when rebooting).
    10. Restore the nandroid you made on your MicroSD card.
    11. Flash Hund-f2fs-v3.4.5-tf201-discardoff.zip.
    12. Reboot back to Android. Restore your /sdcard directory.
    13. If you wish, use Hund's App v2.3 found on this thread to configure your performance profiles. I recommend not using gpu above 520: the voltages above 520 are too low and are not stable for me.
    If you're already on F2FS, just install or restore Androwook and flash the kernel
    **Also works for CROMI-X 5.4**

Disclaimer
    F2F2 is experimental and data corruption can occur. Store important data on your MicroSD card. Backup data partition on MicroSD about once a week to easily restore in case of corruption. Avoid rebooting immediately after startup.
    ***You must be on a TF300t 4.2.1 bootloader***

Source: Hund's kernel v3.4.5 with changes to ramdisk and performance profiles

Edit: Attachment removed. New version available
    Just a quick update.

There is nothing really going on at the moment. I don't really see a point in updating the rom where it is the smoothest it has ever been for me and the testers.

I could update a few apps etc but not much point when I think that 4.3 should be released soon from Asus for either the tf300 or tf700.

Once we get a new base I will get to work on Hairybean 3.0 and no doubt 3.01 will follow about 2 weeks after lol.
    AWP_Screens_vcow.png

animationcow2.gif

Hairybean231cow.png

changelog.png

• AndroWook Prime Hairy Cow v2.31 RC2
    • Updated Hundsbuah Kernel which fixes installs with ExFat SDCards and Battery Drain plus other fixes.
    • Fixed WallPaper selection to Stock Limitations.
    • Updated Google Play Store, Google+, Google Music, Hangouts, Google Search, Dropbox, YouTube & ES File File Explorer.00
    • Updated Hundsbuah Kernel App to add Schedulers and Set on Boot option.
    • Removed Beats Audio as it wasn't working anymore and Added CyanogenMod DSP.
    • Added Mantano Book Reader instead of Asus My Library.
    • Replaced Sony Bravia Engine with newest Bravia 2 Engine.
    • Added OS Monitor.
    • Updated AdAway.
    • Added Greenify.
    • Added cLock.

downloads231.png

HairyCow 2.31 - RC 2.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

MD5 Sum - 0CF4734EE346920E78F47973FF93AAC0

HairyCow 2.31 Kernel Installer - RC 2.zip

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2