Critical HTC One X - No Software

Search This thread

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
Hi!

Today I flashed the CM 10.2.1 ROM to my Htc one x and it did work but i accidentally got the wrong gapps. Now I want my old stock back and I had saved a Nandroid backup and when i was going to restore it worked, but when i rebooted the phone hanged on the HTC One logo.

CID: HTC_102
Mainver: 4.18.401.2

I need a Nandroid backup for this, cause I can't reach my own from the internal one x SD card..
Or can I use a RUU?

Thanks!

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
There is no ruu ! Flash a recovery that lets you mount the sdcard (philz 5.15 for example) go to the backup folder and copy out the boot.img and recovery.img

Flash the boot.img
Flash the recovery.img

and perform a full wipe in recovery and restore, reboot......and done !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
There is no ruu ! Flash a recovery that lets you mount the sdcard (philz 5.15 for example) go to the backup folder and copy out the boot.img and recovery.img

Flash the boot.img
Flash the recovery.img

and perform a full wipe in recovery and restore, reboot......and done !

I did now, i flashed the philz recovery. But now when i try to go into recovery mode it hangs on 'HTC' Quiently Brilliant.
What to do?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Fastboot erase cache

Do that in fastboot and enter it again

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
Fastboot erase cache

Do that in fastboot and enter it again

Trying that now. Btw, why could I restore to the nandroid backup thru CWM before I installed a new ROM, but now I can't anymore, seems like it's broken or something. Because everytime I press restore, it's restoring and when I reboot it directs me to the CWM recovery again..?

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You can use any 4.18, but the 3.18 works too. If you restore the 3.18 and flash back the 3.18 stock recovery you can update again via ota !

Edit :

If you decide to use a different cid nand then you need at least one ota to pull the cid right.

Last edited:

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
You can use any 4.18, but the 3.18 works too. If you restore the 3.18 and flash back the 3.18 stock recovery you can update again via ota !

Gonna try that! :D
Now there's only one thing left. I don't got battery in my phone, i charged it over the night but it doesn't have any battery still. I'm using CWM 5.8.2.7 recovery, so I know that's the prob. But how do i fix it if I can't even flash a new recovery?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You have to run a batt batch script from your fastboot folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaah8gqz8j024xz/Batt script.bat

Put the phone in the bootloader and execute the script with admin rights, it will continuously reboot the phone and charge it little by little. If it reaches 3700 mv you flash the philz recovery and charges the batt more in there because it supports charging inside recovery

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
You have to run a batt batch script from your fastboot folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaah8gqz8j024xz/Batt script.bat

Put the phone in the bootloader and execute the script with admin rights, it will continuously reboot the phone and charge it little by little. If it reaches 3700 mv you flash the philz recovery and charges the batt more in there because it supports charging inside recovery

Yes, I got 3555mV now..

Errors in the .bat:
getvar:battery-voltage FAILED
ping /n 6 localhost 1>nul --> ping is not an internal command etc.
Can't run it as an admin (wrong folder)

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Is it rebooting the phone constantly ? Right click the batt script and select run as administrator

Reactions: zeedu

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
Is it rebooting the phone constantly ? Right click the batt script and select run as administrator

Now I flashed philz recovery; Format partition SOS done
I erased the cache
I rebooted the phone into bootloader, selected recovery and then it hangs itself on the HTC 'Quientlly brilliant' logo.
I tried also just starting the phone, it returned to the CWM recovery..

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
ALWAYS fastboot erase cache after flashing anything, recoveries and boot.img files. Then let it charge more in the recovery. So you don't get stuck in the charging issue situation again !

What you can do is look for Mike's 4.18 rom thread. Install that as a normal custom rom and flash back the stock recovery too which can be found in the OP of the rom thread.

Done

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970

Last edited:

zeedu

Feb 7, 2014
Vaasa
synect.fi
ALWAYS fastboot erase cache after flashing anything, recoveries and boot.img files. Then let it charge more in the recovery. So you don't get stuck in the charging issue situation again !

What you can do is look for Mike's 4.18 rom thread. Install that as a normal custom rom and flash back the stock recovery too which can be found in the OP of the rom thread.

Done

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970

I do that, always. But now when i flashed philz recovery the phone hangs on the HTC Quietly Brilliant screen, how do i fix this?
(The CWM recovery works perfect..)

Top Liked Posts