(ROM) SPINX KitKat RadeonMaya 4.4.14 Slide Aside Feature added! Support for E98X

Search This thread

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Looks so nice ..it says 240 only. My lack of knowledge in the phone and everyday report of softbrick really scared me into waiting for a rom done specifically for e980.. :(

Last edited:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
Looks so nice ..it says 240 only. My lack of knowledge in the phone and everyday report of softbrick really scared me into waiting for a rom done specifically for e980.. :(

Is it really that easy to soft brick this phone? I'm planning on getting mine next week(maybe 2 weeks, depends on wether i can find it cheap here or if i would have to order it from the states). What rom are you using? have you tried the official kitkat rom from korea? I've read the thread about it and things seem to be working. Another question, with that rom does internal storage is reduced to 16 gigs on the E980 or does it stay at 32 gigs?
Sorry for the off topic.

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Is it really that easy to soft brick this phone? I'm planning on getting mine next week(maybe 2 weeks, depends on wether i can find it cheap here or if i would have to order it from the states). What rom are you using? have you tried the official kitkat rom from korea? I've read the thread about it and things seem to be working. Another question, with that rom does internal storage is reduced to 16 gigs on the E980 or does it stay at 32 gigs?
Sorry for the off topic.

I check on here everyday and everyday I see report of softbrick. Most people are able to use the flash tool to restore back to stock tho, I just don't wanna fool with it. I'm using the V5 rom. No, I haven't tried the official update for the Korean model. Yea, some people are able to make it work but you don't know how many steps they took , also their steps aren't consolidated in a way that's clear for people that don't know what they are doing to follow. I also read like you may need to switch recovery for different steps of the process, that sounds like a pain. There is a fix to make it 32 but you'll have to read through the pages to find it

Edit : I feel what makes it difficult is the rom is done by someone that speaks much pretty no English, there is not much communication between the community and the developer.

Edit2: if you want it cheap. You can buy one with broken front glass and replace it. I bought mine for 150, 25 for the digitizer, and just did the glass replacement today, it wasn't bad

Last edited:
Reactions: el-reza

riyoshadqi

Jan 13, 2013
Just flash rom and patch?no need madmack kernel for my e988?

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app

memeqxda

Jun 26, 2010
Do NOT flash the E98X patch. I ended up soft bricking my phone and the patch doesn't allow me to kdz back to stock. Says my device is not an E980.

some users from other forum also reported the bricking E988.

according to other user from Sonyue forum
1.pressing volume+ and volume- and then connecting the usb cable can flash KDZ.
2.after KDZ it'll start reboot.
3.pressing power for 10 sec, and then enter the LG recovery.
4.double wipe (or triple wipe. im not sure. )

(however, the screen won't work till you finish those steps )

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
some users from other forum also reported the bricking E988.

according to other user from Sonyue forum
1.pressing volume+ and volume- and then connecting the usb cable can flash KDZ.
2.after KDZ it'll start reboot.
3.pressing power for 10 sec, and then enter the LG recovery.
4.double wipe (or triple wipe. im not sure. )

(however, the screen won't work till you finish those steps )

This is for download mode.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Do NOT flash the E98X patch. I ended up soft bricking my phone and the patch doesn't allow me to kdz back to stock. Says my device is not an E980.

You have a E980?
Use LG Flash Tool WITH Mega Lock dll

Plus you need 2 files a TOT and dll
RENAME the dll file with the model you phone thinks it is.

Now do the normal procedure of the LG Flash Tool and your dll and TOT

Done.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Please any MOD (remove the links) stop this brick massacre with that demoniac patches

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
hi guys , i flashed rom and patch , now my phone is dead ... model phone is e988 ... please help me

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
So has anyone gotten this to work?

Or has everyone that's tried ended up bricked?

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB

Use this guide to kdz back to stock

kdz5-jpg.17390

Top Liked Posts