[ROM] LOL v. 1.4.2 (with kernel 2.2.2+oc+lagfix)(+ how to create powermenu on LGP500)

Search This thread

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
can i ask plsss my curent rom is void 2.2 firmware if im going to install this should i need 2.2.2 froyo or 2.2?

nioBee

Jan 4, 2011
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
By using the script anyone has the number for email.apk to be installed?
Just before installing that rom...

So here's the fast translation.... :D
1st go to terminal and enter
SU (then give superuser rights)
APPINST

At this point you'll see:
1 - Install App
2 - Uninstall App

3 - Reboot
0 - Quit
---------

After you choose 1 you'll see:
a long list... perfectly understandable also for eng speaking guys... :p
Email.apk is NR 19

then the phone tells you the installation was ok, press enter to go on, then 0 for back, and finally 3 for reboot

This should be enought, otherwise please ask again... ;)

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
nioBee can i ask pslss should i need 2.2.2 or 2.2 only? and im from philippines so i need official 2.2.2 if ever?

nioBee

Jan 4, 2011
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
nioBee can i ask pslss should i need 2.2.2 or 2.2 only? and im from philippines so i need official 2.2.2 if ever?

No, you can flash over 2.2, no problem with that, so If you have void installed, just save your data, make a nice backup of all your files and then follow the guide in first page! :p

Ps if you have recovery 1.2 make your ext partition version 4, if you have recovery 1.1 then leave the ext3.. :p

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
niobee what you mean recovery?

i have thunder v 1.1 is that what you mean?

also niobee before ima going to proced in partition thingy should i need to format my memory card?

Last edited:

SwimmerBoy

Aug 16, 2008
Lx
I would like to have a powermenu in other ROM...
Can someone share a zip to flash over recovery with a powermenu?

masteryx

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
niobee what you mean recovery?

i have thunder v 1.1 is that what you mean?

also niobee before ima going to proced in partition thingy should i need to format my memory card?

If you currently have void, then you have custom recovery installed. RA-ThunderG-v1.1.0 is good enough to help you switch to LOL.
You don't need to format the card if you're going to partition it, formatting will be done automatically.
In simpler words: you have everything necessary to install this ROM. Follow the instructions from the first page and you will succeed.

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
guys help i cant download lol v1.4.2 all links are broken im using download accelarator plus

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
guys i succesfully flashed this rom awesome btw i have a few question what is 2.2.2 kernel touchfix? should i flash it or it is already default or should i need to flash my other touchcreen bug i think based on 2.2? and what is script thingy thanks

miedy12

Jan 11, 2011
I'm done now but can I ask something what is the default cpu clock of this rom also should I need to download the lagfix?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

d3s3rt_eagle

Jan 13, 2011
Turin
guys i succesfully flashed this rom awesome btw i have a few question what is 2.2.2 kernel touchfix? should i flash it or it is already default or should i need to flash my other touchcreen bug i think based on 2.2? and what is script thingy thanks
2.2.2 kernel with lagfix is already integrated in the rom, so you don't need to flash anything ;)

ngarcesp

Apr 1, 2011
hi there, i feel my phone a little laggy when i create shortcuts of apps from the drawer to the homescreen (when long press an icon in the drawer). Does anyone see this?.

btw, thanks it's a great rom.

nioBee

Jan 4, 2011
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P50 Pro
I did a clean install, partition sd, wipe everything, flash rom, movedata script.

in my opinion the problem could be connected to the movedata script, in fact you are moving everything to your SD card, and everytime a program opens or needs to access data it reads it from your sd... what class do you have?

Try to move back the data to the phone and look if it gets better...
"su
movedataback"

As Paolo says this kind of script is quite experimental, and normally don't needs to be installed, a2sd is allready part of the installation and in 90% of the phones it is enough to leave it like that! ;)

Reactions: ngarcesp

ngarcesp

Apr 1, 2011
I tried the script and the performance improved, not much but i think that was the problem, i'll flash it again but this time i wont include the movedata script THANKS.

Btw i have a class 4 sd card.

UPDATE: flashed it all over again, this time without the movedata script, everything works fine THANKS!.

How do i install franciscofranco tweaks?, just by flashing both zip (tweaks and local.prop) from recovery?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody, this is my first homemade ROM and everything started more like a joke.. (that’s the reason of its name.. :) ) rather than because of the necessity of a different ROM - I just wanted to experiment a bit in order to improve my knowledge!

The Void (thanks to Noejn) I was using before was working flawlessly, but I was curious to learn the procedure of cooking my own, so I tried, and when a problem showed up I resolved them.. it was a great way to learn something new!

First I made it for personal use only, then talking to my friends on an Italian android forum they wanted to try it, so they became my beta testers (MicheyKnox since the first day and NioBee from the second on).
    During the last week many other users installed the Rom and I made some minor bug fixes and improvements and now it’s ready to be published here…!

But let’s go to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:

* based on the v10q (Froyo 2.2.2)
    * rom deodexed
    * zipaligned
    * root + superuser + busybox
    * a2sd (darktremor script) + dalvik-cache on ext partition
    * HW acceleration by default enabled
    * Jit by default enabled
    * Kernel froyo 2.2.2 recompiled by me with oc+lagfix (thx to drellisdee and mik_os)
    * CPU automatically set 245/729/interactive
    * gingerbread keyboard
    * adw.launcher + adwnotifier
    * customized theme with circular battery
    * updated Google apps
    * also includes: terminal emulator, OI file manager
    * customization scripts: appinst and cpuclock
    * customized POWERMENU able to reboot the phone or reboot directly in recovery
    * BaBa (Burning Apple Boot Animation)
    * wifi power (set by default to 20 dBm, edit the script /system/etc/setwifi.sh for modify this value)
    * support for wlan wpa adhoc
    * market hack (the market will seem that you are using Froyo 2.2)

BaBa is a Boot animation which is made of two different animations I found on XDA dimensions and timings where adapted in order to fit our needs (thanks to MickeyKnox )

Some apps like facebook, twitter and layar were removed, they can easily be installed through the Marked!
    Removed: AppAdvisor and LG update advisor.

Other apps removed:
    Code:
    AIME.apk (LG Keyboard)
    AnalogClockWidget.apk
    BookmarksWidget.apk
    CalendarWidget.apk
    CarHome.apk
    CarHomeLauncher.apk
    ClockWeatherWidget.apk
    DigitalAlarmWidget.apk
    DualClockWidget.apk
    GenieWidget.apk (news and weather widget)
    LGHome.apk (launcher LG)
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    MemoWidget.apk
    MessageWidget.apk
    PhotoWidget.apk
    Protips.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    ConnectionManagerWidget.apk
    Email.apk
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    Talk.apk

For these apps I created a script that allows you to install or uninstall them in a very easy way, without the need of root explorer.
    To open this script go to Terminal Emulator (installed by default) or use adb shell from your PC and write:

su
    appinst

a menu will popup where you’ll find all the options, just follow the onscreen instructions.
    (the script works taking its files from the LOL directory in your SD Card, so if you delete this directory, the script won’t work!)

With my second script: cpuclock you’ll be able to change the default frequency in LOL without the need of installing other apps, to use it go to Terminal Emulator or via adb shell from your PC and write

su
    cpuclock

and then follow the onscreen instructions, all your settings will be available after you reboot your device.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    LOL v 1.4.2 (multiupload)
    md5: 648e91a9d8458039d4937c4911acaf82

INSTALLATION (please follow these steps carefully):

What you need: root + custom recovery

* Reboot into custom recovery (through 3-button combo)
    * Partition SDcard (swap: 0, ext: 512 – or bigger if you like), convert ext2 to ext3
    * wipe everything (data/factory, cache, dalvik-cache, ext, android_secure)
    * Toggle PC-USB connection and copy the downloaded zip you wish to flash into the root of your SDcard; unplug afterwards
    * flash from SDcard and choose the file you just copied
    * reboot

On first boot it takes some minutes for the phone to load: DON’T PANIC! Wait for at least 5-6 minutes!

I prepared a zip with the scripts translated into English (the original scripts in the Rom are in Italian)
    just download and flash over.
    Thanks to MickeyKnox for beta testing, for BaBa and for the time spent together on msn while I was cooking
    Thanks to NioBee for beta testing and for her tips and suggestions (and for this translation from Italian :D)
    Thanks to the guys on XDA where I found the tools needed to cook my ROM (dsixda + others) and to mik_os for his fantastic kernel

original discussion (in Italian): androidworld.it

************* standalone kernel ***************
    zip in AnyKernel Updater by Koush package
    kernel 2.2.2 + oc + lagfix by mik_os/Der_Caveman
    kernel 2.2.2 + oc + lagfix by LG

SCREENSHOTS:
    a little how to :)

ok, i wrote a little tutorial on how to create a powermenu
    sorry for my english :D

************************************************************************************************
    for first step i used this tutorial (i only removed the option "donwload"):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811532

(copied from thread above)

untermensch said:
    Step 1.

the first thing we need to do is add string and image resources to framwork-res
    for this example I am using a stock JI6 ROM your resource id's will be different
    if on another ROM

use apk_manager to decompile framework-res

open "res\values\strings.xml" and add our string resources
    Code:
    <string name="reboot_recovery">Recovery</string>
    <string name="reboot">Reboot</string>
    save and close

open "res\values\public.xml" and assign our strings resource id's

scroll until you get to the end of the "<public type="string"" id list
    note the id of the last string, in this example it is "10403c2" sometimes
    the id's are out of order so search for "10403c2 + 1" or "10403c3"
    if the next id is unused then we can start assigning id's to the strings
    we added.

Code:
    <public type="string" name="reboot_recovery" id="0x010403c3" />
    <public type="string" name="reboot" id="0x010403c5" />

now is a good time to add the image resources so add your icons to
    "res\drawable-hdpi"
    and assign id's to them the same way we did for the strings
    in this example, using the example icons in the zip file I had

Code:
    <public type="drawable" name="reboot" id="0x010803aa" />
    <public type="drawable" name="recovery" id="0x010803ab" />

save and close

now framework-res has the resources needed for this mod use
    apk_manager to compile.

step 2: (This part is based on untermensch's tutorial to which i have made serveral changes to let it work on LG)

now we are going to add the extra options to the power menu

decompile android.policy.jar with baksmali

open com\android\internal\policy\impl\GlobalActions.smali and change the line 436 from

Code:
        const/4 v0, 0x3
    to
    Code:
        const/4 v0, 0x5

insert the following line at line 462 (the original line 462 becomes line 486)
    (remember to change reboot and recovery's image/string id with the ones used in the first step)
    Code:
        const/4 v1, 0x3

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;

const v3, 0x10803e0 # reboot icon resource id

const v4, 0x104039d # reboot string resource id 

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$7;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1

const/4 v1, 0x4

new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;

const v3, 0x10803e1 # recovery icon resource id

const v4, 0x104039c # recovery string resource id

invoke-direct {v2, p0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$8;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V

aput-object v2, v0, v1
    save and exit

(here starts my real job :p)

ok now copy GlobalActions$3.smali to GlobalActions$7.smali
    edit GlobalActions$7.smali
    search and replace all GlobalActions$3.smali to GlobalActions$7.smali
    and change this line:
    Code:
        const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->shutdown(Landroid/content/Context;Z)V
    to
    Code:
        const/4 v1, 0x1

const-string v2, "now"

invoke-static {v0, v2, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->reboot(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
    save and exit

now copy GlobalActions$3.smali to GlobalActions$8.smali
    edit GlobalActions$8.smali
    search and replace all GlobalActions$3.smali to GlobalActions$8.smali
    and change this line:
    Code:
        const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->shutdown(Landroid/content/Context;Z)V
    to
    Code:
        const/4 v1, 0x1

const-string v2, "recovery"

invoke-static {v0, v2, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->reboot(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
    save and exit

recompile android.policy.jar with smali
    done :D
    Great digging!

digging.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I updated the first post with last version of LOL (v1.4.2)
    this morning I recompiled the new kernel (froyo 2.2.2 from LG source) with oc+lagfix (i used some file from mik_os and drellisdee repo, Thanks to you both :))
    Flashed this rom. Nice rom overall but i think u shld include the gingerbread theme wif the circle battery icon. Overall, THUMBS UP for this rom.

Question:
    Partition SDcard (swap: 0, ext: 512), convert to ext3
    Actually what does the 512 and ext3 stand for ? Why cant the roms just support with the normal partition ?

ext3 partition is for a2sd app, all ROM with this feature use a partiton (ext3 or ext4)
    from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6271277&postcount=1
    a2sd/apps2sd: The process of moving user installed applications from internal storage to the SD card