I can't Boot into ICS recovery after the OTA UPDATE

Search This thread

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston
HI, Due tooo...excitement ...

lAST night I cant wait for the new ICS on ACER so I flash The COM_GEN1 coming from COM_GEN2 in CMW after that it updated to ICS... I also installed the ACER recovery but now when I used it and boot into recovery it says my tablet is not rooted?! and I tried the power+ volume down...It doesn't go recovery mode...instead its erasing some cache and a dead android with exclamation point appeared . :(....... Can some 1 help me? I humbly ask for you help. Thank you.

gunness1991

Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
HI, Due tooo...excitement ...

lAST night I cant wait for the new ICS on ACER so I flash The COM_GEN1 coming from COM_GEN2 in CMW after that it updated to ICS... I also installed the ACER recovery but now when I used it and boot into recovery it says my tablet is not rooted?! and I tried the power+ volume down...It doesn't go recovery mode...instead its erasing some cache and a dead android with exclamation point appeared . :(....... Can some 1 help me? I humbly ask for you help. Thank you.

no patience whatsoever..

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston
acer a500 , when I tried to press & hold power + up volume key it says

recovery verified failed :( ...

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston
flash the unlocked ICS bootloader and install custom recovery with it , guide here

Hi Civato,

Thanks., I'm thinkinring with my tab earlier using your guide but i have no luck.

Problems:

I used the uid log on my cmw that was store on my sd card before i update into ICS. i DID go to vache site nad get my sbk
0xB1927C00 0xA404C006 0xCB6B2404 0x30772103 but when i press enter ....the txt was fast and I just had a glimps of it before it was gone....it says something like this NV ERROR : Connection failed

also When I tried to go to APX it only work once.... Tablet was powered off hold the rest botton and the power key....then APX was installed to my computer.... after i remove the usb and put it back to my computer it was gone... I cant find it in the usb controller :(

pls. help...I think Im learning but...pls be patient hehehe thanks

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Hi Civato,

Thanks., I'm thinkinring with my tab earlier using your guide but i have no luck.

Problems:

I used the uid log on my cmw that was store on my sd card before i update into ICS. i DID go to vache site nad get my sbk
0xB1927C00 0xA404C006 0xCB6B2404 0x30772103 but when i press enter ....the txt was fast and I just had a glimps of it before it was gone....it says something like this NV ERROR : Connection failed

also When I tried to go to APX it only work once.... Tablet was powered off hold the rest botton and the power key....then APX was installed to my computer.... after i remove the usb and put it back to my computer it was gone... I cant find it in the usb controller :(

pls. help...I think Im learning but...pls be patient hehehe thanks

Go back and try it again, you didn't follow the directions fully. It works if you do it right.

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston
Go back and try it again, you didn't follow the directions fully. It works if you do it right.

Im really having trouble with the APX mode..... I already powered down the device and start poking and holding the reset button + the power button , then release it after 3 seconds... then the reset button... I only see the ACER logo then it vibrates then turned off .... At first Iam able to start the apx...vuz its installing the driveon my computer but after i removed it it was gone.... :(

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston

I finally Made it :)., it says PASS on my screen then i boot in to recovery do i need to install the A500-1.031.00-LIGHT-WITH_ICS_BOOTLOADER? or ist possible to go back restore to my back up? running HC 3.2.1 COM_GEN2? and recived official ICS UPDATE..... The thing is I cheated at first I installed COM_GEN1 ( 1.031 ww com_gen1) over my COM_GEN2...after that it upgrade automatically to ICS without connecting to my Wifi! And I thought it was not legit... :(

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
I finally Made it :)., it says PASS on my screen then i boot in to recovery do i need to install the A500-1.031.00-LIGHT-WITH_ICS_BOOTLOADER? or ist possible to go back restore to my back up? running HC 3.2.1 COM_GEN2? and recived official ICS UPDATE..... The thing is I cheated at first I installed COM_GEN1 ( 1.031 ww com_gen1) over my COM_GEN2...after that it upgrade automatically to ICS without connecting to my Wifi! And I thought it was not legit... :(

Not possible to go back to HC that easy , see in the guide I posted , there is a link to a thread on how to.

And you don't need to flash the light version A500 rom from the guide thread as you are already on the ICS bootloader because you flashed the ICS leak.
Just so you know that 1.031.00 leak is what Acer is pushing out as OTA so you are not missing any thing.
See this line of my guide:
You can also flash the full leaked version of 1.031.00 but then you need to get root so you can delete "recovery-from-boot.p" from /system before you flash the unlocked booloader and custom recovery.
If you feel insecure better to flash full leak that way you get the stock recovery.

joe9002

Jan 16, 2011
civato as we are talking recovery's is it safe to just flash the ICS update as a update.zip with CWM still on the tab or should i replace it with the acer recovery first?

hatyrei

Jul 29, 2011
houston
Not possible to go back to HC that easy , see in the guide I posted , there is a link to a thread on how to.

And you don't need to flash the light version A500 rom from the guide thread as you are already on the ICS bootloader because you flashed the ICS leak.
Just so you know that 1.031.00 leak is what Acer is pushing out as OTA so you are not missing any thing.
You can also flash the full leaked version of 1.031.00 but then you need to get root so you can delete "recovery-from-boot.p" from /system before you flash the unlocked booloader and custom recovery.
If you feel insecure better to flash full leak that way you get the stock recovery.

Thanks Civato,

I manage to go back to HC which I got a back-up file in my CMW in my SDCARD ....after I installed the boot thingy V3 I regain the CMW recovery...then I just fully restored to my HC 3.2.1 com_gen2. After that I still manage to retain the V3 thingy boot & CMW recovery... Also, i got the official OTA & I'm running ICS now :). Thank you so much. xoxoxooxx :)

wolverine423

Feb 22, 2011
Tennessee

The gen2's are being updated to 1.033.00_PA_CUS1

Top Liked Posts